• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Different Zelda Characters Relate With One Another

germ1137

Lokomo Ninja
I've been wanting to post this thread for a while now, but I kept forgetting. But the time has come!
Have you ever noticed how the different zelda characters relate? I'm not talking about something like Falbi the drag queen and Fyer, I'm talkin' about people from entirely different time periods, from entirely different games. For example, the man of smiles in Phantom Hourglass reminds me of the guard at the Kakariko village gate that leads to Death Mountain, because they both seem to have a laughing problem.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Yes, this happens a lot in Zelda games. One example is the racing man from Ocarina of Time, and how he relates to the running man in Kakariko Village in A Link to the Past. I guess the same could also be said about the Mailmen in Majora's Mask, The Minish Cap, and Twilight Princess. One cuold also approach this as the entire setting of Majora's Mask: an alternate dimension, which is supposed to remind us of their Hylian counterparts. Then there are also Link's trainers, like Orca from the Wind Waker, Oshus from Phantom Hourgalss, Hero's Shade from Twilight Princess, and the Blade brothers from the Minish Cap, and so on.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
You could say the relationships between characters are there to keep the strange sense of familiarity the games share.

Malo and Talo (TP)
Malon and Talon (OoT)
Marin and Tarin (LA)
See where I'm going with this?

You said this doesn't fit the thread, germ, but I think you read this too quickly. Did you mean how a charater from one game seems to reflect one from another game? Because that's what I get from DekuNut's post.

You've confused me now, dude.

germ1137

Lokomo Ninja
You said this doesn't fit the thread, germ, but I think you read this too quickly. Did you mean how a charater from one game seems to reflect one from another game? Because that's what I get from DekuNut's post.

You've confused me now, dude.

Well...now that it's right in front of me, I can see now how it relates. Please send my apologies to DekuNut :(.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom