• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hookshot vs Clawshots

Clawshot or Hookshot?

• Hookshot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clawshot

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Both

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

NintendoCN

Team Captain
Which is better? Which is more useful? Which is easier to use? Please give a reason for your answer.

For me the clawshot is more useful, since you can shot from place to place and can lower yourself to check for solid platforms.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they're more or less even; on one hand the Clawshots allow you to raise and lower yourself and can be used in tandem with each other, but the Hookshot is able to latch onto a much larger variety of things and tends to have a longer range.

Clawshot (s), easily. You can hang from targets, move up and down on targets (TP only), and you get two of them. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
ZD Champion
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I think they're more or less even; on one hand the Clawshots allow you to raise and lower yourself and can be used in tandem with each other, but the Hookshot is able to latch onto a much larger variety of things and tends to have a longer range.
Well only the TP clawshots did that, SS's clawshots were a step back, more traditional really.

You literally don't, you have to aim at specifically made targets, Hookshot could latch onto anything wooden.
More freedom to manuever, but at the same time limtations to what you can latch onto.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
More freedom to manuever, but at the same time limtations to what you can latch onto.

That's dependant on which game you play that features them SS or TP, the TP ones had a bit more depth to them cuz you could go up or down, but then you didn't have much freedom to maneuver anyway, you were reliant on Peahats for lateral movement and on special targets for anything else. Ditto in SS but you lost the up and down movement and it became nothing more than a dual hookshot.

I still think out of the hookshots we've seen the Switchshot and the WW Hookshots were the best, the switchshot because it was indeed a hookshot but it allowed you to latch onto items and swap with them making for some damn good puzzles at the time and the WW Hookshot is in my eyes the OOT hookshot given some spit and polish with a good helping of elbow work thrown in, It didn't ignore all of the mechanics of weight distribution as the others seemed to, if you wore iron boots it'd pull things to you instead of the reverse.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Hookshots are best. They can latch onto any wooden surface rather than specific targets and mesh which the claw shots require.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom