• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Holiday Tv Shows or Movies You Watch Every Year

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
There are two movies I always watch on Christmas Eve (because they always air them then, it's become part of our tradition):

A Czech Cinderella movie from the 70s:
[video=youtube;0zhqq4wmYck]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zhqq4wmYck[/video]

And a Norwegian Christmas Movie "Reisen til Julestjernen" (Journey to the Christmas Star), also from the 70s about a princess who disappears when attempting to give her heart to the christmas star, and when the king subsequently curses the star for it, the queen also vanishes along with the star. Years later a band of travelling performers show up, along with a young woman who promises the king she will do everything she can to find the star, so that he can find his daughter again:
[video=youtube;_be2E3eMAAI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_be2E3eMAAI[/video]

They recently remade that one (and that one has been distributed more widely), and the new one is alright (they changed the story quite a bit), the old one just have more magic and more heart:
[video=youtube;GhTEDA8_1Yc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhTEDA8_1Yc[/video]

Rudolph the Red-Nose Reindeer
How the Grinch Stole Christmas (the cartoon version mostly)
A Charlie Brown Christmas
A Christmas Story (it's my family's favorite holiday movie)
Frosty the Snowman

DarthNavi

Not your typical musician
I watch Elf, Fred Claus, and Christmas Vacation every year. And some of the old ones like White Christmas and Holiday Inn. AND TRUST ME WHEN I SAY THIS: DO NOT under any circumstances watch Twice Upon a Christmas. Unless you want to through up I'd suggest you back off that movie.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
We usually just watch Rudolph and the Grinch because there is NO TIME. However, if ever there was ever time, we would also watch Christmas Story.

Dan

I was going to come into this thread being all humbag and shizzle but after reading some of your lovely replies I want to go watch a Christmas film now ;p
Although I sometimes can't stand too much of that cheesy Christmas happiness displayed in films, I do like some films for being their own, rather than relying too much on it's Christmas theme.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
My family watches A Christmas Story every year on Christmas Eve, and every year my parents end up looking up some trivial facts about it or try to see goofs.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Traditionally at Christmas I used to watch Christmas Carol but after 30+ years of doing so I got really tired of it. So now I traditionally watch Dr Who on Christmas day. Not only the BBC special but also the ones on my dvd's :D

Stitch

AKA Patrick
ZD Champion
I usually watch the Doctor Who special every year, but another favorite watch is Batman Returns. It's a batman movie that takes place during the holidays, don't judge me. :nerd:

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I always seem to end up watching Polar Express on Christmas day. There's just something about that film; it just feels like it's Christmas when you watch it. Another few would be The Grinch, Miracle on 34th Street and Shrek.

Although, I tend to spend Christmas with my family and friends, which include my little cousins. So I tend to watch a lot of children's entertainment as well as Disney films and whatnot. I'll admit that it doesn't bother me as deep down I'm just a big kid.

EeveeChan

Is FINALLY out of school!
Every time christmas rolls around, we always end up seeing all the Home Alone movies. We dont even plan it; it just happens. Another movie we always watch, once my sister is home with us, is A Christmas Story.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
How the Grinch Stole Christmas, A Charlie Brown Christmas, Santa Clause 1-3, Home Alone, and of course, Elf.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom