• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Holding A to Drink Potions

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
One of the things that irk me about Zelda is that you hit the potion button and let autoplay do its magic. I was wondering how many people would accept the idea of holding a button to drink a potion instead of just tapping the button and runnin' around. :I

I wouldn't really care either way as along as I get to drink a potion through both ways. If I can't be in the middle, I probably wouldn't like holding the button to drink a potion. . .

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
Depends on if I'm going to get attacked in the middle of healing myself in the middle of a boss battle with only 1/4th of a heart left?

Maybe thats the point, Its hard to down a 20 oz, when your rib cage is being smashed in.

Last edited:

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
Depends on if I'm going to get attacked in the middle of healing myself in the middle of a boss battle with only 1/4th of a heart left?

Im with killjoy on this one, if i die when i remembered to drink a potion before dying, and someone attacks me while im drinking a potion at the last moment as i have with every Zelda game Prior, I would be REALLY REALLY MAD! so nope sorry, cant agree with this one!

Skittles

Rainbows!
Other games have basically the same thing with healing spells, healing items, or whatever. I don't see why Zelda should go against the norm. It would just be inconvenient! While realism is good and all, if it's very intrusive to game-play like this would be and makes for a "challenge" (or rather, an annoyance) it should be left out. I prefer the autoplay because despite the non-realism it's less intrusive to the flow and gameplay in Zelda games.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Any idea can work out if done right, even bad ones. After saying that, I must say that I think this is a bad one. This leans towards the "making it too complicated." Now, if Zelda itself becomes a more complicated game, than this would fit right in. But Zelda tends to be more simplistic than... say... Fallout.

Again, it could work if done right, but it's nothing I'd look forward to in a Zelda game.

DarkLink17

Well then
If it were just in the overworld, I really wouldn't care, but if I was trying to fight a boss with low hearts I don't think that'd work too well. Also, since in most games the A button is needed to roll or dodge, all you could do is run in circles and hope not to get hit.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I wouldn't mind it either way. I wouldn't get upset if they changed it to that way, though it may prove to be an inconvenience at certain points.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom