• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hitman 3 (and the others)

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
1612171025516.png

Hitman 3 launched this month. It's a game series that I've casually played sort of since the first game (at least the first in this particular subseries) released back in 2016. It's a very serious game and definitely isn't about a clown who walks around and hits people with a fish.

It's also the first game in the series that really grabbed me. I've already spent more time with Hitman 3 than I did with either of the first two games in the series. The games have made a point of allowing all previous levels and unlocks to be played and downloaded as part of whatever the newest game, resulting (at least for me) in a very cohesive experience that makes you feel like all the unlocks and feats you've accomplished in previous games still matter.

So, how about you guys? I can't be the only Bowsette who likes running around hitting people with a fish.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
I'm so far out of the loop, I didn't know another Hitman game was set to drop. I really love this franchise. Have been playing it since Hitman: Contracts (the OG Hitman 3) came out, with Blood Money still being one of my overall favourite games.

I know you're probably more after discussion on the reboots, but I've only played some of the first one; though have enjoyed my time with it. It definitely felt like it was a step in the right direction after Absolution, but time is something I don't have too much of these days, so I've not yet gone back to finish that yet, despite already having purchased the sequel. I was always fond of dressing up as a chef and poisoning food that was being delivered to people, but you also can't go wrong with a classic garrotting with your trusty fishing wire.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I'm so far out of the loop, I didn't know another Hitman game was set to drop. I really love this franchise. Have been playing it since Hitman: Contracts (the OG Hitman 3) came out, with Blood Money still being one of my overall favourite games.

I know you're probably more after discussion on the reboots, but I've only played some of the first one; though have enjoyed my time with it. It definitely felt like it was a step in the right direction after Absolution, but time is something I don't have too much of these days, so I've not yet gone back to finish that yet, despite already having purchased the sequel. I was always fond of dressing up as a chef and poisoning food that was being delivered to people, but you also can't go wrong with a classic garrotting with your trusty fishing wire.

Blood Money was the game I started with, but I admittedly haven't played much of it. Absolution was... alright. It was mostly a linear action game wearing a Hitman hat and it just didn't feel good to me. Even I knew that felt wrong.

MW7

I love the series. I started with Blood Money and went back to Hitman 2: Silent Assassin on the Gamecube before playing Absolution and the first two of the new series. Blood Money is still one of my favorite games of all time, but the newer games are definitely great too. They are in a similar style to Blood Money with better features and much larger maps. Absolution as you said was a different style, and I played through it twice but didn't enjoy it on nearly the same level as the other games.

Hitman 1 and 2 of the new series are great, and I would have already played through Hitman 3 if I wasn't deep into a playthrough of Skyrim. I have watched videos of all the levels though and think it looks great. I think levels 2 and 5 look the most interesting. 1, 3, and 4 are all good, and 6 is neat but not a good fit for Hitman and gives me flashbacks of Absolution. Once I'm done with Skyrim, Hitman 3 is next on my list. I'm interested in the Switch version but am afraid of the cloud only version so I might buy it for Xbox One instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom