• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WW-Wii U Help!! Giant Pig @Outset - Bait and Heart Piece#41

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
Okay, I'm having some trouble with the fat, oversized, black pig Heart Piece. I've wasted quite a bunch of bait now, and I've been blowing my rupees on more. Now, is it just hard to get it right, or am I supposed to do the pig thing at the very beginning? Because a lot of the places I looked online said you have to do the pig thing at the beginning of the game, and I didn't think it was important, so I skipped it.

So, my question is, am I flat-out screwed, or can I still obtain this heart piece?

I throw down the bait, but the pig just runs around in circles like a madman, and doesn't dig. I KNOW I've done this before in the gamecube version and never had to do the pig thing in the beginning.

(and for those who are lost at what I'm talking about- I'll quote the walkthrough listed on this site)- in spoiler below
If you completed the quest very early on in the game involving the pigs on Outset Island, then one of pigs will have grown to become incredibly large. Run over to where the Pig is located, just higher up on the hill from Orca's house. Using the Power Bracelets, lift the pig over your head and ever so slowly walk all the way across the bridge to the other side of the island.

Just to the right of the bridge on the other side of the island, there is a darker area on the ground of soil. Drop some All-Purpose Bait here and the Pig will go and dig up the soil, revealing Piece of Heart #41.

Also note that my pig is indeed very large, without having to do the pig thing in the very beginning

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I've always done the pig thing in the beginning, so I don't know what to say.

Well, make sure you're in the right spot, as it doesn't have a very big area in which it can appear. It's in the dirt patch on the far side of the bridge, the side with the watchtower. The dirt patch should be just to the right when you come off the bridge, and I usually find the heartpiece around the leftish side of it.

Is the giant pig in the pig pen? Because I think that's what triggers the heartpiece to appear. Like I said though, I always do the pig thing, so I don't know if the giant pig would be in the pen or not.

Other than that, I really don't know what to tell you... :/

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
Well, make sure you're in the right spot
Yes, I know, I have done it before. There are two patches of dirt, and I've tried both, he just doesn't dig :/

It it possible that I could send you a screenshot through the Miiverse?
My Miiverse username is the same as on here and practically everywhere else I'm on the internet: Akuhime-sama

Okay, actually nevermind.... I tried again and he actually decided to dig for once! :dry:
So, I have it now and that's awesome! I guess I was just having some strange bad luck :S
I have no clue what was up with it- but it cost me so much bloody rupees!! :mad:

Anyway, whoever has control, feel free to close this topic. xP

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom