• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Have you played through every mainline Zelda game yet?

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
Even people who've been Zelda fans for a long time might not have played each game yet. Have you been able to play through at least some version of all the mainline games yet? The site's layout of the games makes for a nice visual reference.
ad9fe4486e8dad16927d19cf8d1cb125.png

If you haven't yet, is there a reason why? Do you plan to or are some of them just in the back burner? Multiplayer games are optional in this case.

So far the DS games are the only ones I haven't played yet. I never had a DS but I did intend to play them when I got a 3ds in 2013. However as time went on, I just lost motivation to do so. And I've heard mixed things so they weren't as high priority for me at the time. I might still get to them someday but probably not anytime soon.

Last edited:

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
I've actually played through relatively few Zelda games for how many years I've been a fan of the series.

Those games being, LA, OoT, MM, WW, TP, SS, and BotW.
I've started/played a decent amount of/dabbled in a few of the others, though. Like ALttP and TMC.

Nowadays me not finishing them is more or less due to other games being higher priority to play through than more of the series. I would like to get through them eventually, but it's just not something I have the time to put my free gaming time into right now.

Other Zelda games I just have next to no interest in playing or finishing, like the DS games or the Oracles (hoping for a remake but who knows).

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
That list there is missing the multiplayer games, but if we’re exclusively going by it than I’ve finished every title here at least once, and at least attempted to play them a second time.

With the multiplayer titles in mind, the only one that I haven’t finished is FSA, and in all honesty I really dont care enough to finish it. Maybe if its ever ported I will but as is, meh.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
The only one I've yet to play is Oracle of Ages. Why haven't I played it yet? Never had it as a kid, and since I started Let's Playing, I decided that I did want to play it blind for that, so I'm waiting until then!

I've also never finished AoL, only played it a little bit, and probably won't ever finish it.
Also, the original LoZ I've made it to the last dungeon, but didn't finish it (I think some new game came out and I jumped over to that). But I will some day!

I've played through all of the mainline games as denoted by the image from the ZD homepage. That said, if we're talking about games on the Zelda timeline, I have yet to play Four Swords Adventures. Getting the necessary setup for Gamecube is prohibitively expensive. I wish Nintendo would rerelease FSA with online play.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
That list there is missing the multiplayer games, but if we’re exclusively going by it than I’ve finished every title here at least once, and at least attempted to play them a second time.

With the multiplayer titles in mind, the only one that I haven’t finished is FSA, and in all honesty I really dont care enough to finish it. Maybe if its ever ported I will but as is, meh.
I've played through all of the mainline games as denoted by the image from the ZD homepage. That said, if we're talking about games on the Zelda timeline, I have yet to play Four Swords Adventures. Getting the necessary setup for Gamecube is prohibitively expensive. I wish Nintendo would rerelease FSA with online play.
yeah I just mention them as optional b/c let's face it, they feel like busywork to play solo and playing them multiplayer is too circumstantial, they're probably the least essential games to play in the series anyway

MW7

I have played all those games. I actually played through all 16 during 2020. That was my first and only time completing Oracle of Ages and Spirit Tracks. I've beaten Oracle of Seasons twice and all the rest several times.

Played and finished: LoZ, AoL, ALttP, LA, OoT, MM, WW, MC, TP
Didn't finish: SS, BotW
Haven't played yet: OoA, OoS, PA, ST, ALBW.

Pokémaniac13

Triforce Champion
That depends: do I have to have finished? Because if so, Tri Force Heroes.
If you mean just played, then Oot (my favorite), SS (second favorite), BotW (and so on), WW (and so forth), LA, and MC.
I want to play them all, with my top priorities being SP, MM, and OoA.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
That depends: do I have to have finished? Because if so, Tri Force Heroes.
If you mean just played, then Oot (my favorite), SS (second favorite), BotW (and so on), WW (and so forth), LA, and MC.
I want to play them all, with my top priorities being SP, MM, and OoA.
yeah I suppose beat, but you can say "played through" as in you went through most of the game to know about it

Skunk

Floof
I haven't played through all of the second game, Minish Cap, Twilight Princess, or Breath of the Wild. And I've never played Wind Waker. It's not that I don't want to play these games(other than sorta the second one) all the way through, I either just can't right now or haven't gotten around to it. Someday(TM) :bear:

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I'm a fair way away from beating every Zelda game. As far as mainline ones go, I've beaten 11. Most of the other Zelda Games listed above I've played, but haven't completed. Spirit Tracks I just lost interest in. Some other ones like AoL, ALttP, and OoA I have trouble with simply because the older plus pad style games give me a hard time. I might reattempt ALttP at some point, but I've already tried playing it twice and it's starting to get a little redundant.
The only game I haven't even tried is OoS. Granted, I also haven't played FS, FSA, or TH; bu they aren't listed so I'm just going to pretend I only have 5 games left to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom