• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hated Zelda game

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
All the ones I have played I thought were good, I can't really say I hate one of the games. I honestly have played more Zelda games than I have given myself credit for. If I had to pick one from the ones I have played to lessen it in my favoritism, probably my current adventure, the Minish Cap, but only because it is an old game and because of the graphics. :lol: I still like it, though, don't get me wrong.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
While I acknowledge the game itself is pretty good, as well as the story, I hated playing Skyward Sword. The overworld was difficult and tedious to traverse, the controls were finniky, the Silent Realms were downright traumatizing, and it was far too long for a game that made me want to throw things. I probably never would have beaten in if not for the fact i was playing it during covid and at a certain point i was like "There's no way I'm stopping now and letting all my suffering go to waste". Now don't get me wrong; it was a good game. I just hate it so much.

Additionally, while not to the same extent I wasn't a fan of Oracle of Ages. The Thwomp boss alone took me a year to defeat and that was using save and restore points. Trying to control Moosh was the final straw for me, the controls in that game were just too annoying to use.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
While I acknowledge the game itself is pretty good, as well as the story, I hated playing Skyward Sword. The overworld was difficult and tedious to traverse, the controls were finniky, the Silent Realms were downright traumatizing, and it was far too long for a game that made me want to throw things. I probably never would have beaten in if not for the fact i was playing it during covid and at a certain point i was like "There's no way I'm stopping now and letting all my suffering go to waste". Now don't get me wrong; it was a good game. I just hate it so much.
I gotta ask, what makes you call it a good game if you hated it that much?

Uwu_Oocoo2

ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I gotta ask, what makes you call it a good game if you hated it that much?
Honestly it has some of the best characters and story in the Zelda series. The lore building is great, I like the relationships between Zelda Link and Groose, and the main villain is really cool. I'd probably like it a lot more if it was a TV show and not something I had to actually play lol. Having to suffer through all the gameplay for those good story elements was only slightly worth it.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
Honestly it has some of the best characters and story in the Zelda series. The lore building is great, I like the relationships between Zelda Link and Groose, and the main villain is really cool. I'd probably like it a lot more if it was a TV show and not something I had to actually play lol. Having to suffer through all the gameplay for those good story elements was only slightly worth it.
I guess from that, is a good story enough to call the game itself good if the actual act of playing the game is so terrible? it's still a terrible game right? just w/ a good story

Uwu_Oocoo2

ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I guess from that, is a good story enough to call the game itself good if the actual act of playing the game is so terrible? it's still a terrible game right? just w/ a good story
Maybe, I guess I also think of it on the level that there's a lot of people who do like this game so it must be good to some degree? For example, I think the Ghirahim boss fight were really hard with controls that made it near impossible to beat without luck and a ton of patience. But then people tell me that's an awesome boss fight with good controls and I'm like "???". Basically I can see that the story is good and he characters are good, but so I'm not going to judge the whole game based on the elements I thought were terrible. Even if the elements I think are terrible include everything other than the story and characters lol.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Even though Zelda was a fun companion ST is my least fav game so far. It's one of the few games that didn't leave an impression behind except for some tracks. I never had or have the 8ntention to replay it. SS is also one of my least fav games although I liked it a lot better on the switch.

My least favorites are hot takes but it is what it is. I found Twilight Princess highly derivative and boring, and barely remember anything about A Link Between Worlds. Not absolutely terrible games by any stretch, but no other game in the series has been as stale bread as these two for me.

OGSniper

Sharpshooter for Hire
ZD Champion
I dont really have a "hated" LOZ game. I do have a disliked and sheesh, for me, it is FSA. The game is all over the place.

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
It's the same with Breath of Fire vs Dragon's Dogma, I couldn't really stand Dragon's Dogma
Hey, somebody shouted out Breath of Fire! It doesn't get enough (any) love. Tri-Force Heroes was embarrassing, that's going to be a game I really don't look forward to completing when the time comes. I tried Faces of Evil (on a computer so it's not fair, I know) and it truly is a game that doesn't deserve to be labeled Zelda.

Hey, somebody shouted out Breath of Fire! It doesn't get enough (any) love. Tri-Force Heroes was embarrassing, that's going to be a game I really don't look forward to completing when the time comes. I tried Faces of Evil (on a computer so it's not fair, I know) and it truly is a game that doesn't deserve to be labeled Zelda.

Yeah Breath of fire is a lot of fun, I like a lot of 16 bit and even some 8 bit rpgs (phantasy star). Nowadays I think most people don’t know they existed :(

Tears Of The Kingdom. Just months after its initial release it was met with fan backlash. I’ve never seen that kind of reaction with any 3D Zelda release, even Skyward Sword. Hopefully Aonuma and Nintendo go back to the traditional Zelda formula after it.

Tears Of The Kingdom. Just months after its initial release it was met with fan backlash. I’ve never seen that kind of reaction with any 3D Zelda release, even Skyward Sword. Hopefully Aonuma and Nintendo go back to the traditional Zelda formula after it.
While I do agree with this statement, Skyward Sword wasn't the only game previously that had a backlash moment. Wind Waker, when it first released had a pretty large backlash in America. And even though they went back to the original art style with Twilight Princess, they still try to Toon Link again for the DS Zelda games. I doubt Nintendo will go back to the original formula for long, if they do. Which is unfortunate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom