• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Harry Potter

Harry Potter has been since the beginning, one of the best series I've had the pleasure of knowing.

I think I got the first book, right after it came out, and, I didn't think I really had much interest in it. Then eventually the second book, came out, I got that one too, and eventually started to like them more and more, and now have all seven books sitting up on the shelf in my room. They are great books though, and really the only non history or universe ones that I actually like to read.

The movies, I thought were as close to the books as they could possibly be. Sure they had to cut out a lot of crap because the books are so long, but they did do a good job with it. Such a good job that when I was 8 and saw the first movie way back in 2001, I actually thought for a long time that the guy who played Professor Quirrell died, and died in that way. Oh did I love my younger years of believing anything. :)

But yes, I do own the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 5th movies. I love it.

R

Rheks

I've never got into the books, I dislike reading.
I've seen a few of the films, and they're pretty terrible. The actors can not act, it pisses me off.

Zarom

The King
For me, I've read all the books before seeing the movies. When the first Harry Potter came out, I didn't go to cinema to watch it. But I was really interested by that, so I started reading the first book. I immediately fell in love with this series. The charcters are each unique and really cool. :cool:

Then, I saw the first movie. :D

I did like the movies. They were really great. But compared to the books, they really are no match. The books are so good, so interesting, so cool, etc. :cool:

I have to say I'm a HUGE fan! :clap:

Veely

Unwanted ZD Member
I love the Harry Potter movies I have only read two of the books both book were
Harry Potter 6
Harry Potter 3
But the movies are great.
I Have seen the 6th one now don't get me wrong it is a great series but wouldn't you think the movie would be more darker?
Now Please don't Disapprove me or yell at me but it seemed less darker than The 5th movie.
The 6th book was kinda dark! but I digressed sorry.

I love the Series!

Veely

Unwanted ZD Member
I love the Harry Potter movies I have only read two of the books both book were
Harry Potter 6
Harry Potter 3
But the movies are great.
I Have seen the 6th one now don't get me wrong it is a great series but wouldn't you think the movie would be more darker?
Now Please don't Disapprove me or yell at me but it seemed less darker than The 5th movie.
The 6th book was kinda dark! but I digressed sorry.

I love the Series!
I wouldn't Disapprove you but I kinda say I Liked the Films I never read the books but I love the Films! I say Brova! :clap:

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
I'm a BIG fan of Harry potter and i read ALl the books, i keep rereading them too, if i want
The books are the best. the movie, not really they ruined some plots from the real book.

The books contain Real details, the feeling of Following Harry from his daily Life in Hogwarts to Solving a Dark and Evil Mystery. The mystery on why things are happening near Harry, Dumbledore's words of wisdom to Harry like:

Excerpt of Dumbledore from the Philosopher's Stone(I rephrased it since it is all i can think now XD):

Harry: How was i Able to get the Philosopher's Stone?
Albus: "ah...you see if someone wants to find the stone, but not use will be able to get it."

They are all just Exciting

the 1st 2 movies were ok since it was just Simple and nice, but the following movies were..... dare i say it, Bad. Sure the movies Looked good, but they really made me disappointed since they altered some events in the movie(for instance in Order of the Phoenix,Marietta Edgecombe was the one who should have told Umbridge not Cho Chang in the Movie.), or removed some Significant Events(like in Half-Blood Prince they removed the scene of Voldemort's mother, Father, Grandfather etc. From the movie. i bet they are gonna include that in movie 7 part 1) the effects are nice but not enough to really feel the Story.

Well it was Fun to watch the movies, mostly of the actors portraying the Characters but not enough for me.

Whew... that took 15 minutes to think and typed XD.

Last edited:

Linky

King of Twilight
I like the movies alot but the books I only read 3 and a half then got bored , imo Pendragon>>Harry Potter
And ever since I been reading Pendragon I've wanted Universal Paramount or whoever to make a movie out of it

I loved the books. The movies are very well done. If you compare the two I waggle my finger and say shame on you. They are two different media. You try to put an entire book into a two hour long film script. Not going to work. Just really annoys me when people moan about how the books are so much better and all that crap. They're two completely different media. You can't compare. It's just the same story told in a different way.

The books are really interesting. I'd list them among my book favorites (after Lord of the Rings and Eragon of course :nod: ) But yeah, I definitely enjoyed reading them. The movies...eh...they were okay but compared to the books (which were great) the movies just seemed...blah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom