• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Hardest to Easiest Zelda Games?

D

Dewzy916

1. ZELDA 2
2. ZELDA 1
3. Alttp
4. LA
5. Majoras Mask
6. Phantom Hourglass
7. OoT
8. Spirit Tracks
9. Skyward Sword
10. WW
11. Twilight princess
12. FSA

What's your list?

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Hardest to easiest?

From what I've played:

1: Zelda II
2: Zelda
3: A Link to the Past
4: The Minish Cap
5: The Wind Waker
6: Majora's Mask
7: Ocarina of Time
8: Twilight Princess

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
1. Zelda II Adventure of Link (Do I have to say why?)
2. Legend of Zelda (Lots of hidden things with next to no hints)
3. A Link to the Past (Tricky puzzles and dungeons)
4. Majora's Mask (Challenging dungeons and bosses, multiple sidequests and the limitation and time)
5. Ocarina of Time (Some challenging dungeons and bosses as well as interesting puzzles)
6. The Minish Cap (Unique puzzles and dungeon designs)
7. Phantom Hourglass (Not a great challenge but the TotOK and the final battle give it an edge on this list)
8. Spirit Tracks (Challenging puzzles but overall this was one of the easier instalments)
9. Twilight Princess (Challenging combat at times and there were some difficult dungeons but overall one of the easier instalments)
10. Skyward Sword (Wii Motion + made combat slightly more tactical but in the end it was very easy to brush aside enemies, plus this game had some of the easiest and un-engaging dungeons)
11. The Wind Waker (Very easy bosses and most of the dungeons required little thought)

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Main quest only. Too many variables in side quests to consider.

AoL>aLttP>LoZ>>>>>>>>>>LA>MC>OoX>>>>>>ST>SS=TP=OoT>PH>>>FSA>MM> tWW>FS

Last edited:

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
1: The Adventure of Link
2: The Legend of Zelda
3: Link's Awakening
4: Majora's Mask
5: Skyward Sword
6: A Link to the Past
7: Ocarina of Time
8: Spirit Tracks
9: Twilight Princess
10: Phantom Hourglass
11: The Wind Waker
12: Four Swords Adventures

This is strictly based on the games I have either beaten, or played enough of to judge

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
My hardest to easiest list:
1. Adventure of Link
2. Legend of Zelda
3. Oracle of Ages
4. A Link to the Past
5. Oracle of Seasons
6. Link's Awakening
7/8 tie. Ocarina of Time/Twilight Princess
9. Majora's Mask
10. Spirit Tracks
11. Skyward Sword
12. The Minish Cap
13. Phantom Hourglass
14. The Wind Waker

SpiritGerudo

Flamey-o, Hotman!
Adventure of Link
The Legend of Zelda
A Link to the Past
Majora's Mask
Ocarina of Time
Twilight Princess
The Wind Waker
Skyward Sword

ScouseOctorok

An avid Blue
Got a shocker for you guys...

1). Legend of Zelda
2). Adventure of Link
3). Majora's Mask
4). Oracle of Seasons
5). Ocarina of Time
6). A Link To the Past
7). Oracle of Ages
8). Wind Waker
9). Link's Awakening

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Adventure of Link
Legend of Zelda
A Link to the Past
Majora's Mask
Ocarina of Time
Link's Awakening
The Minish Cap
Oracle of Ages
Oracle of Seasons
FS/FSA/ST/PH
TP
TWW
SS

(Descending hardest to easiest)

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
I dislike laundry lists as often the separation between some titles is down to minutia

Hard
AoL

Tough (I still die occasionally)
LoZ

Used to be tough (I used to die occationally, not any more)
LttP
LA
MM
OoT
OoS
OoA
SS

Were never hard
FS
PH
ST
TWW
TP

I have no idea what the game over screen looks like
TMC
FSA

ScouseOctorok

An avid Blue
LoZ harder than AoL? Have you beaten them both? Do you recall Death Mountain...? I have a feeling you trained a ton and found it easy as a result...

And LA easier than TWW? Wow. A shocker is right.

The only thing "hard" about AoL is the enemies. It's not easy to get lost in the over world. Once you get used to enemies attack patterns it becomes monotonous really. Now, it isn't easy to get used to the patterns, but it's much easier to deal with enemies rather than deal with the pure confusion of trying to find dungeons and items in the Legend of Zelda. Beside the first dungeon, it's a constant struggle to find the rest of the dungeons and what you're supposed to do. There is literally no direction whatsoever.

As far as Wind Waker and Link's Awakening go, Wind Waker was less hard, more long and tedious. Link's Awakening seemed almost like a kids game to me. Yeah, it got a little confusing every now and then, but it was never hard for me to find where I needed to go.

I hope that clears up the shock from my opinion a little bit :)

ScouseOctorok

An avid Blue
Hmm. I guess it depends on whether you played the Zelda games without guides or with them. Without, I can certainly see why you found LoZ more difficult (especially where one of the dungeons is hidden within a Random tree), but with a guide certainly AoL is more difficult. This gets into the issue of the glorious NES forced difficulty, where things are difficult only because they provide no direction. LoZ had a lot of forced difficulty, mitigated by the existence of online walkthroughs, I think AoL's combat would have to make it more purely difficult (If you know where to go, AoL then becomes more difficult). And I still believe that some of the enemies in AoL it's nearly impossible to get completely used to them (Blue Ironknuckles, Red Dairas).

Really? LA gave me a lot more issues than Wind Waker for sure.

I always play and beat games w/o guides the first time around. That is, unless I'm so completely stuck and lost I couldn't possibly hope to advance without one. And I can definitely see your point with the Blue Ironknuckles and Red Dairas. They are painfully annoying. But they are possible to get past. They don't turn you around and confuse you and lead you astray. All I felt in the original LoZ was pain and misery caused from the fact that I could just not find out where the heck I needed to go.

I really did find Link's Awakening pretty easy. I mean, if anything, Wind Waker and LA are about the same difficulty wise. You have maps and waypoints in WW that make travel a lot quicker, while LA is a little more exploratory in finding key items and dungeons. But, at the same time, enemies in WW are a bit harder, it being a 3D game and all. Plus, in LA, you have a boomerang that's so overpowered it isn't funny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom