• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hardest Enemy

Lizalfos were tough enemies until I got the hang of them. Technoblins, Electric Chuchus, Skulltulas, and Quadro Babas, are the enemies that gave me prolonged trouble throughout most of the entire game.

But the hardest enemy for me was actually the Staldras, the three-headed dragon guys you could only kill by taking out all three heads at once. I would miss repeatedly and get my health basically torn down. They're like the only enemy in the game where Fi tells me "Your performance against this enemy is somewhat poor." xP

Skyloftian

Skyloft's Artist
The stalfos mini boss in the Ancient Cistern. I found that very difficult - it had waaay too many weapons.

Gotta be stalmaster. They change the positions of their swords so fast. Definitely gave me the most trouble.

T

TP_Midna

Well, there were a couple that were hard for me at first, but here are the ones that are still hard for me now.

1. Techno Bokoblins

They keep blocking my attacks and I keep getting shocked. I don't think Link appriciates getting shocked over and over and OVER.

2. Lizaflos (i probably spelled it wrong....:()

Those things were so darn hard. They were like "Ooh, i'm gonna block you with my gauntlet of epicness then laugh at you. :D"

3. I don't know what there called but I'll call the THE RABBITS. YEAH.

You know, the things that hop around and you need to use your gust bellows (aka the leaf blower) the expose the gem thing and hit it. Those things did NOT want to listen. -_-

everettkagan

Major SS and Oot fan!
The skulltula was really annoying because it kept hitting me over and over again. I do think the skulltula is definetly on the top, but i think the worst one is that guy with 3 heads-remember:the one where u had 2 cut off all of the heads at once.:(

I was hoping to see iron knuckles or darknuts :(

Hardest enemy: Electric Bokoblins or those Baemos (or however it's spelled). The lasers wore the crap out of my shield. It took me awhile to find out you can kill them with sword hits! I thought you needed arrows to kill em!

A

Ant1pr0t0n

3. I don't know what there called but I'll call the THE RABBITS. YEAH.

You know, the things that hop around and you need to use your gust bellows (aka the leaf blower) the expose the gem thing and hit it. Those things did NOT want to listen. -_-
I'm pretty sure you're talking about the Armos. Yeah, I actually forgot about those: having to use the gust bellows was an interesting idea, but that made them really annoying (plus the fact I'd manage to miss the jewel half the time)

Last edited by a moderator:
N

notnedflanders

Lizalfos were tough enemies until I got the hang of them. Technoblins, Electric Chuchus, Skulltulas, and Quadro Babas, are the enemies that gave me prolonged trouble throughout most of the entire game.

But the hardest enemy for me was actually the Staldras, the three-headed dragon guys you could only kill by taking out all three heads at once. I would miss repeatedly and get my health basically torn down. They're like the only enemy in the game where Fi tells me "Your performance against this enemy is somewhat poor." xP

I noticed a few people mentioning these enemies as being very difficult, and thought I'd join up and weigh in.

I found these incredibly difficult at first, but after a while I realized there was a bit of a "trick" to it. I found that if you slash off only one or two of the heads, as SOON as they grow the heads back, they are in a perfect horizontal line. I believe this happens every time. So when I'd come across them, I'd just slash once randomly, then if you time your horizontal strike well (the one I find easiest to do anyway), you should kill them every time.

Electric Chuchus are the only enemy that gave me a problem. You can shield-bash-stun almost every other enemy in the game which was stupid. I think they should scrap the shield-bash-stun down to just shield-bashing with no stunning of any kind to any enemy. Maybe they should have put that in hero mode or something.

A few tips:
Everyone seems to be having problems with the techno-bokoblins. Idk why...just shield bash and wail on them.

You can defeat any chu (regardless of size) in one shot by bowling a bomb into them.

The huge moblins with metal shields: just sprint straight at their shield. Link climbs over it, behind the enemy. then you can slash his butt.

The three headed dragon (someone said Staldras?) can also be dispatched via the shield bash. Their heads line up when stunned.

Technoblins (I didn't realize I could shield bash) and skultullas (I didn't realize an upward strike flipped them onto their back). But after these realizations, that four armed stalfos just scares the crap out of me.

I noticed a few people mentioning these enemies as being very difficult, and thought I'd join up and weigh in.

I found these incredibly difficult at first, but after a while I realized there was a bit of a "trick" to it. I found that if you slash off only one or two of the heads, as SOON as they grow the heads back, they are in a perfect horizontal line. I believe this happens every time. So when I'd come across them, I'd just slash once randomly, then if you time your horizontal strike well (the one I find easiest to do anyway), you should kill them every time.
From what I've heard from friends, a lot of people have had difficulty using the shield and/or a disinterest in using it because they're unaware of stuff like this. Me, I don't use it too much purely because I think it's almost cheap. :lol: It's extremely powerful, doing successful Shield Bashes, and it can give you huge openings like this that, in my opinion at least, aren't as fun. I use the Shield on occasion, of course, but I use it more often for defense than offense (Shield Bashes). Thanks for the tip though. I will definitely use this if I find myself in trouble. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom