• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Greatest Game Of All Time

What Is The Greatest Game Ever?

• Ocarina of Time

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A Link To The Past

• Final Fantasy VII

• Finaly Fantasy X

• Chrono Trigger

• Metal Gear Solid 4

• Super Mario 64

• Super Mario Bros. 3

• Resident Evil 4

• Other

• Total voters
@ Ver-go-a-go-go

Did you know Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep just released?

Yeah, and I'm dying for it. The entire plot has already been spoiled for me, but I still want it pretty bad. It's not a console title though, and I think that's where the true potential for "Best Game Ever" could come from; an extension of KHII gameplay that was already amazing in itself, along with HD graphics, the excellent continuing story and emotion etc.

Majora's Cat

How about that
I have never been a fan of Kingdom Hearts myself, but I am willing to look into Final Fantasy - the games look great!

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
I dunno to be honest. I'd say Earthbound, but I haven't even played it yet (but from seeing chuggaaconroy's LP of it, I want to REALLY badly) so that's out the window.

I love Zelda, but I just don't love it enough to consider a Zelda game my favorite game of all time.

Mario, I love Mario but again, I don't seem to love it enough to say that one of my favorite games is a Mario game.

My favorite game of all time would probably be Final Fantasy V. Not because it's the most epic or the most awesome game I've ever played, but just because I had so much fun doing it. Man, I will always remember all the hilarious mischeif Bartz, Lenna, Galuf, Faris [spoilers]and Krile[/spoilers] got into together. Galuf was easily my favorite just because of how awesomely hilarious he was. I also remember how annoyed I was when I figured out that there were levels of magic and I had to have a certain level magic ability in order to use the right Black/White Magic. I swear, by the time I reached Ghido, Lenna mastered the Time Mage job since I had kept her on that since I got the job from the Fire Crystal and only had level 4 White Magic. Man, I love that game so much.

Last edited:

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
I voted other. I don't think there really is a such thing as the greatest game of all time. It's all in the eyes of the beholder. What I consider the greatest game of all time might be different than the next. It also depends on what you mean by "Greatest." If you're meaning the highest rated game of all time, Ocarina of Time takes the cake. However, if you mean that it had the biggest impact on the industry, I think games like LoZ (Save system) and Super Mario 64 (3D) would be considered the greatest.

If you want my opinion on which game is the best overall game, I'd say Super Mario Galaxy 2. That game is as close as a game has come to being flawless, IMO. It was a sequel to an already incredible game, and it improved on it. The music was better, the levels were better, the difficulty was upped. Everything about it was just fantastic. Even though it's second on my favorite games list (MM is first), I still would consider it the best overall game, on a technical level.

I actually don't think any of the Mario or Zelda games listed are the greatest from said series. I think the Galaxies surpassed Super Mario Bros. 3 and Mario 64, and I think OoT has been surpassed by MM and TWW. This all just opinion though. Also, I haven't played either of the FF games you listed. I own both 8 and 13 but so far, I'm not too thrilled with them. I just can't get into the combat system because it feels so limited compared to the freedom of series like Zelda. The story (of 13 specifically) felt too linear and confusing. The characters and cinematics are great but other than that, I find the series a little bit.. blah. (Btw, don't you think asking Zelda fanboys what game is the best, is a little biased? :P)

Last edited:

The Shadow

Creature of the Darkness
I can't wait for re:Coded to come out then I can get that and see further into the story line rather than going back and seeing what they 'missed' out. I mean don't get me wrong there are some other pretty good game series out there but when there is a game that it's storyline is so confusing that you've played through at least three times, you still don't understand it and the sequel asks more questions than it answers means there is something slight wrong with it *Points finger and MGS which hides in the corner* Don't get me wrong the first and second were great gameplay wise, well besides the bosses, they were just plain stupid because it is a stealth game and the bosses are your regular fighting style.

Majora's Cat

How about that
@ Cel-Shaded Deku

I agree with you about Zelda being the greatest series ever, but I believe that the greatest game of all time is Ocarina of Time (although I like it when people choose other games). Majora's Mask was amazing, though.

Last edited:
Elite Beat Agents is the best game ever. It's amazing.

EBA is about a group of dancers in a secret organization. There mission: Make peoples lives better. By dancing.

-There might only be 21 songs in the game, but they take a long time to master.
-The story is funny. One song you might be helping a girl babysit, and the other song, you might be trying to save the world from aliens.
-The difficulty is high. It might take you hours to beat a song, but you'll feel really happy after you beat it.

I cried during one song. It's so emotional.

Majora's Cat

How about that
EBA? I believe I've seen that game somewhere... plus I'm glad someone revived this thread! I thought it was dead.

Diablo

King of Redeads
Well my favorite game would have to be besides Zelda, would be Kingdom hearts or Final fantasy it's a tie.

A

AbbySciuto

Half-Life. All else is naught.

That is, if GABE MOTHER****ING NEWELL ever decides to finish HL2:EP3...

Majora's Cat

How about that
@ AbbyScutio

Perhaps it's because they are working on Half-Life 3! *Gasp!* I know a lot of people who would be pleased by HL3, trust me.

Kirino

Tatakae
I think it's Okami.Okami wasn't well known when it was first released.Only years after release has it gotten the respect it deserves.The games story was great.It had tons of unexpected things in it,and it used Japenese myths flawlessly.Even when you think the games done,it's only half over.It also had very memorable characters.Issun with his pervertedniss,and Waka with his plain epicness.Speaking of Waka,you don't know wheather or not he's good or bad for most of the game,which adds to his character.It's gameplay was very good too.You had to use the celestial brush and it's many techniques to solve puzzles,and fight battles.You had three types of wepons to use.Reflector,Beads,and Glaives.You usually got them after defeating bosses,but some were optional ones that you could get from shops.It's gameplay was acually alot like Zeldas.The graphics were really beautiful.They looked like a water color painting.It matched the gameplay and story really well.There was some very memborable songs,like Waka's theme,and day of darkness.Theres my mini review of it.This is an amazing game everyone should try.It's really cheap too.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
My favorite game of all time is Twilight Princess, and I know a lot of people will disagree with me. But from this list, I will have to say Ocarina of Time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom