• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Goldenblade's Zelda Timeline Theory

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
i agree. you're not much of a theorist. (just kidding, my friend. you make a very good point in many places. you're no less than a theorist of the finest.

No, I mean I refuse to be called a theorist. I just know what I need to know from playing the games numerous times. I can just...recall it. My mind is awesome like that. I don't sit around and think about this stuff all day. I have other things in Zelda to do. Like talk about things that matter.

Placements of TMC and FS do not work (also where is FSA?). There were no heroes who appeared after the hero of time before TWW. I would move TMC-FS/FSA to after ST. Otherwise, it works pretty well.

fsa is basically the same thing as fs. so, in a unique way, it doesn't count, because it's already counted.

No, I mean I refuse to be called a theorist. I just know what I need to know from playing the games numerous times. I can just...recall it. My mind is awesome like that. I don't sit around and think about this stuff all day. I have other things in Zelda to do. Like talk about things that matter.

well excuuuuuuuse me, princess (another zelda joke. no offense, just humor intended.)

Pinecove

Last Chance
fsa is basically the same thing as fs. so, in a unique way, it doesn't count, because it's already counted.

Can you please stop replying to mny posts out of order? I already made a decently large one on this subject...

FS =/= FSA. They have completely different stories, with FSA featuring Ganon at the end of it.

No, FSA is a sequel to FS. It takes place not too long after FS.

point. i'll take care of that.

----------TMC--FS/FSA--TWW/PH--ST
---------/
SS--OoT
---------\
----------/MM--TP--ALTTP--LA--LOZ--AOL--OOX

prior to all this, the godesses create hyrule, then the minish arrive.

anything else?

Capitaine

Ray of Silver
That's the problem. I'M NOT A THEORIST!!
Well, now you are. Deal with it. :P

Actually, it kinda does. Twinrova is reviving Ganon from the Dark World. Ganon was killed in the Dark World at the end of A Link to the Past. As was stated before, Twinrova was still alive on the "child timeline." Link is sailing off on a boat (others have said it's a raft, but that picture clearly showed a boat) after the linked ending of OoX. Link was waiting for the return of Ganon while sailing in Link's Awakening. Well, that fits, doesn't it? I don't think I'm totally convinced, but it works. (I'm really surprised I'm saying this, as just two hours ago, I didn't think it possible. But now that I know more about the linked ending of OoX, I've learned things I didn't know before.)
Actually... umm... let me make a correction here because I made a mistake. Onox was summoned from the Dark World; the game doesn't actually say where Ganon was revived from. I guess I mixed the two guys up.

I'm so sorry.

actually, that just backs up my theory.
Not when Ganon died in the Light World in LoZ and LA takes place after ALttP.

ah, the outfit's not that important. it's just a hat. but, good point, though.
As soon as you use "something is not important" as an argument, that just tells everyone else that what you have isn't a timeline, but rather an opinion-line. As a consumer, you cannot distinguish between what is and is not important to the timeline (or, if you're supposed to do that, you can't make an argument that contradicts the logic of your other arguments that "the small details are what matters the most").

Can you please stop replying to mny posts out of order? I already made a decently large one on this subject...

FS =/= FSA. They have completely different stories, with FSA featuring Ganon at the end of it.

well then, explain, please, if you don't mind too much.

Yes. Take the FSS off if you want to be remotely accurate.

ridiculous! it's already accurate enough.

Well, now you are. Deal with it. :P

Actually... umm... let me make a correction here because I made a mistake. Onox was summoned from the Dark World; the game doesn't actually say where Ganon was revived from. I guess I mixed the two guys up.

I'm so sorry.

Not when Ganon died in the Light World in LoZ and LA takes place after ALttP.

As soon as you use "something is not important" as an argument, that just tells everyone else that what you have isn't a timeline, but rather an opinion-line. As a consumer, you cannot distinguish between what is and is not important to the timeline (or, if you're supposed to do that, you can't make an argument that contradicts the logic of your other arguments that "the small details are what matters the most").

in spirit tracks, link had two different outfits entirely.

Capitaine

Ray of Silver
I'm going to have to agree with this. If you're going to believe in the orthodox split, the FSS aren't going to fit anywhere on it.

So that means...they can still be non-canon?? =D
Well... just keep thinking what you just were, minus Ganon being revived from the Dark World. That just means that OoX could take place after either ALttP or AoL.

I honestly don't see why it shouldn't be canon though. I mean, it matters to the timeline just as much as LA and MM, and Miyamoto supervised the development of the game, so....

EDIT: Never mind. In Japanese, Ganon is called a "Yami no Maou" in ALttP, and in OoX, Ganon is revived as a "Yami no Maou" (his title in LoZ is just "Daimaou"), so there's your ALttP - OoX connection.

in spirit tracks, link had two different outfits entirely.
At least when he got the tunic, it was the whole tunic, meaning that ST is still consistent with everything else. TMC is the only game in which the tunic is incomplete.

Last edited:
I'm going to have to agree with this. If you're going to believe in the orthodox split, the FSS aren't going to fit anywhere on it.

Well... just keep thinking what you just were, minus Ganon being revived from the Dark World. That just means that OoX could take place after either ALttP or AoL.

I honestly don't see why it shouldn't be canon though. I mean, it matters to the timeline just as much as LA and MM, and Miyamoto supervised the development of the game, so....

At least when he got the tunic, it was the whole tunic, meaning that ST is still consistent with everything else. TMC is the only game in which the tunic is incomplete.

oh well. the tunic is just an article of clothing. link could be wearing a t-shirt and jeans for all it matters, it's still the legend of zelda. besides, he got the cap at the end, and nobody said that link's tunic always had to be a hand-me-down. think about it.

Capitaine

Ray of Silver
oh well. the tunic is just an article of clothing. link could be wearing a t-shirt and jeans for all it matters, it's still the legend of zelda. besides, he got the cap at the end, and nobody said that link's tunic always had to be a hand-me-down. think about it.
The tunic is part of the story. Every Hero has the whole tunic, but according to your timeline, the Hero of Men does not have a hat, then the Hero of Time does have a hat, then TMC Link does not have a hat, and then the Hero of Winds does have a hat. That's terrible story-telling if Nintendo wanted the timeline to be like that.

Wow, I wasn't able to visit ZeldaDungeon for some time, and now I had to read through ten pages about a theory that realy confuses me.

If I understand every think correctly thats the timeline we have at the moment.

---------/
SS--OoT
---------\

Well. it is a very good theory, but it has some problems.

First of all how do you explain that the towns in AoL are named after the sages in OoT, which were never awoken on the CT?
I tend to place them between OoT and WW because of this, and because of the backstory of AoL. I mentioned the connection between the AoL-BS and WW in this thread: http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?17741-AoL-Takes-Place-Between-OoT-and-WW

So my first suggestion is that the timline should look like this.

----------LoZ/AoL--TMC--FS/FSA--TWW/PH--ST
---------/
SS--OoT
---------\
----------/MM--TP--ALTTP--LA--OOX

Secondly as mentioned befor the ending of OoX leads directly into LA, so I would place it after OoX, but that's just me:lol:

Th third thing I'd like to mention is that know we have the problem that we have Ganon sealed at the adult-end of OoT but free at the beginning of LoZ. That's the reason I prefer to place ALttP between OoT and LoZ, because it explains how Ganon breaked out of the Sacred Realm.(He was killed and then later revived in Hyrule. I kwon this is pure speculation but putting the seal war between TP and ALttP is it too:P) It also wouldn't mess up with OoX, because Ganondorf was killed in TP too, so OoX could take place after it. But I admit I could go after TP as well.

So know we have:

version1:
---------/
SS--OoT
---------\
----------/MM--TP--ALTTP/(LA)--OOX/(LA)

version2:
----------ALttP(LA)--LoZ/AoL--TMC--FS/FSA--TWW/PH--ST
---------/
SS--OoT
---------\
----------/MM--TP--OOX(LA)

The FS-Story is important for any timeline, because it explains the origins of the shields from WW. The first one, the Hero's shield was said to have been used by an past hero. The only Links known to use this shiel-model are TMC-Link and FS/FSA-Link. And remember, the shield used by MC-Link was eaten by Biggoron, and the later spit out as a mirror shield, that looks exactly like the one in WW, explaining the second shield in this game.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Wow, I wasn't able to visit ZeldaDungeon for some time, and now I had to read through ten pages about a theory that realy confuses me.

If I understand every think correctly thats the timeline we have at the moment.

---------/
SS--OoT
---------\

Well. it is a very good theory, but it has some problems.

First of all how do you explain that the towns in AoL are named after the sages in OoT, which were never awoken on the CT?
I tend to place them between OoT and WW because of this, and because of the backstory of AoL. I mentioned the connection between the AoL-BS and WW in this thread: http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?17741-AoL-Takes-Place-Between-OoT-and-WW

So my first suggestion is that the timline should look like this.

---------/
SS--OoT
---------\
----------/MM--TP--ALTTP--LA--OOX

Secondly as mentioned befor the ending of OoX leads directly into LA, so I would place it after OoX, but that's just me:lol:

Th third thing I'd like to mention is that know we have the problem that we have Ganon sealed at the adult-end of OoT but free at the beginning of LoZ. That's the reason I prefer to place ALttP between OoT and LoZ, because it explains how Ganon breaked out of the Sacred Realm.(He was killed and then later revived in Hyrule. I kwon this is pure speculation but putting the seal war between TP and ALttP is it too:P) It also wouldn't mess up with OoX, because Ganondorf was killed in TP too, so OoX could take place after it. But I admit I could go after TP as well.

So know we have:

version1:
---------/
SS--OoT
---------\
----------/MM--TP--ALTTP/(LA)--OOX/(LA)

version2:
----------ALttP(LA)--LoZ/AoL--TMC--FS/FSA--TWW/PH--ST
---------/
SS--OoT
---------\
----------/MM--TP--OOX(LA)

The FS-Story is important for any timeline, because it explains the origins of the shields from WW. The first one, the Hero's shield was said to have been used by an past hero. The only Links known to use this shiel-model are TMC-Link and FS/FSA-Link. And remember, the shield used by MC-Link was eaten by Biggoron, and the later spit out as a mirror shield, that looks exactly like the one in WW, explaining the second shield in this game.

Dude, everything you said we've gone over in this thread and other threads and disproved them with reasons on why things can't go where. What you've said is way off. Namely the Original games going on the AT, especially before WW. (I'm not getting started on it, though.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom