• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Girl on Concept Art Related to Midna?

Niko Bellic 817

GH3: Legends of Rock
I've just noticed something with Zelda Wii. When looking at the facial features of the girl on the Zelda Wii concept art, she looks similar to true-form Midna. Could she possibly be related to her? I remember one Zelda developer saying (paraphrased) "If the fans want Midna enough, how can we not have her appear again."

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Hmm...I honestly don't see a real similarity beyond maybe the shape of the face, and that's hardly enough to draw connections from. Besides, Midna completely destroyed the Mirror of Twilight at the end of TP. That mirror was the only connection between their worlds, and considering the fact that it practically disintegrated, I don't see any way of repairing it without seriously breaking some laws of canon. So I highly doubt there's any connection between Midna and the Zelda Wii girl.

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
Actually, there is one connection left between their worlds, that not many know of. As stated in the very beginning of Twilight Princess by Rusl,

Tell me, do you ever feel a strange sadness when dusk falls?
They say it's the only time when our world interacts with theirs...
... The only time we can feel the lingering regrets of spirits who have left our world.
That is why loneliness always pervades the hour of twilight...

The game specifically puts hour of twilight in orange. This has to be somewhat related to the Twilight Realm.

Well that's an interesting thought. I can see a little of the similarity you're referring to. I'm inclined to think it doesn't mean anything, but for the sake of theorizing... perhaps she is something along the lines of a light form of Midna? Or perhaps a member of a similar race, just opposite, of the Twili. I don't really know if that makes sense, considering the Twili were probably just Hylians who evolved/changed into their current forms by living in the Twilight Realm. But maybe instead they could simply be Twili who never left the realm of light and never became the "Twili".

But that wouldn't really work, because we've heard statements such as Zelda Wii not being a sequel to Twilight Princess. If it has relations to the Twili or Midna, wouldn't that make it a sequel? I guess not necessarily, but...

Actually, there is one connection left between their worlds, that not many know of. As stated in the very beginning of Twilight Princess by Rusl,

The game specifically puts hour of twilight in orange. This has to be somewhat related to the Twilight Realm.
I wouldn't necessarily take that so much as a literal connection between the worlds, but more as a symbolic thing. It talks about spirits, and that goes along with the spirit forms people take when in the Twilight-covered areas of Hyrule.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
I don't think she looks similar to True-form Midna at all except that she appears female. She appears more girlish than womanly, whereas Midna's true form was all woman (large breasts, defined hips, early-to-mid-twenties face). This girl in the concept art looks more ethereal. Not only that, she looks more like a mishmash of the Master Sword and TWW's Fairy Queen or whatever.

I do remember them saying that they just might have to give MOAR MIDNA if the fans demanded it, but I don't think that's going to happen any time soon. I really don't even think this character will have anything to do with Midna or Twilight Princess in general. She doesn't even look Twili.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
There is no resemblance at all, theres no way she could be related to Midna. Although there may be some connection between Hyrule and the Twilight realm left intact I don't think we will be traveling that way for a long long time. Midna said her goodbyes, and Link has moved on. If she were to come back into his life it would complicate things too much, splitting his allegiance between the kingdom of Twilight and the Kingdom of Hyrule. In TP the two kingdoms fates were intertwined so it was ok for Link to help Midna out, but he is a protector of Hyrule and throwing princesses at him from other kingdoms repeatedly would make it hard to actually get one of them, no I think besides Princess Zelda, Link should stay away from the other Princesses, I'm hoping the mysterious girl is a sage or from a new tribe, also I hope that Link travels away from Hyrule to a land without a Kingdom.

C

Cpt. Pierce

I personally think that the figure looks a lot like "the queen of the fairy world" from wind waker..... Same color scheme too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom