• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Mafia Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
Alright. Tomorrow will hit the 1 week mark since Korra ended. The fact that a game still hasn't started at this point is sad. Clearly Ninten isn't going to log on any time soon, and the same goes for Keeseman. I say we move along in the queue and gets some games moving. I say we let Rainy start her HP mafia, and then we'll just push Ninten and Keeseman behind her.

As for DBZ, sign-ups started almost a month ago, and still no game. idk what's up, but if it's delayed any longer, I say we bump that game back as well and let the next game (Pancake's Majora's Mask mafia) go ahead. If we opt for this route, not only will GWAF has time to settle IRL stuff, but we will have a game going on in the meantime. Plus, Legacy 1 will be over soon as well, so if we skip it for now, it won't be that long until the game begins.

Now let's play some mafia.

So you turned out to be correct. People are incorrect in their assertions all of the time, ESPECIALLY in mafia. "Thinking someone is scum" isn't enough. You need to provide a reason as to WHY you think they are scum or it is pretty much a random vote. Obviously your random vote except for on day 1 isn't going to be 100% random, but rather just based on your "gut feeling" and not any actual logic. If there was logic then you failed to present it.

I was then targeted by a joke vote, followed by 2 bandwagon votes leading to my lynch. From what I've seen, other than yourself I don't think a single person thought I was scum, and your vote was seemingly completely based on a gut feeling. If you can't understand my frustration of being lynched based on one person's gut feeling, a joke vote, and 2 bandwagon votes, then again, I don't know what to tell you.

I don't know if you're new or what, but if you can't articulate why you are voting for me other than "I think he's scum", then I shouldn't realistically have been lynched unless it was during LyLo or almost LyLo. The fact that you refused time and time again to provide any sort of reasoning is almost appalling to me, because that is almost a completely random vote.

Again, if you had said a logical reasoning causing other people to vote for me I would have been completely okay with that, but the way it went down was extremely frustrating.

Seriously, you MUST be new if you don't understand this. It's not as if I'm the only one saying you RV'd.

I still don't see why you refused to provide any logic at all. 9 times out of 10 providing no logic would never lead to a lynch, hence why you usually provide some sort of logic.

If you've ever played mafia before you would know why me being lynched was completely ridiculous on multiple levels.

I've played 15 games of mafia here on ZD.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I've played 15 games of mafia here on ZD.

That doesn't make you an expert. Experienced, maybe, but a well-experienced player would know that a random vote triggers warning flags. It's understandable if a vote is cast during the RVS, but almost anytime after that, a vote without an explanation is considered random and suspicious. Quite honestly, it's a n00b move. No one's saying you have to post an in-depth analysis to justify your vote, but a nice sentence or two of your suspicions is better than nothing.

Mr. WISEguy said:
Alright. Tomorrow will hit the 1 week mark since Korra ended. The fact that a game still hasn't started at this point is sad. Clearly Ninten isn't going to log on any time soon, and the same goes for Keeseman. I say we move along in the queue and gets some games moving. I say we let Rainy start her HP mafia, and then we'll just push Ninten and Keeseman behind her.

As for DBZ, sign-ups started almost a month ago, and still no game. idk what's up, but if it's delayed any longer, I say we bump that game back as well and let the next game (Pancake's Majora's Mask mafia) go ahead. If we opt for this route, not only will GWAF has time to settle IRL stuff, but we will have a game going on in the meantime. Plus, Legacy 1 will be over soon as well, so if we skip it for now, it won't be that long until the game begins.

Now let's play some mafia.

Dude, calm down a bit. Give everyone a chance to login and what not -- especially Jenn. Last I heard she had to take care of something with her children, and I don't know about you, but I think she deserves all the time in the world. Ninten is more understandable, and so is Keeseman. Also remember that school and work are factors for a lot of us, so setting up a Mafia game isn't one of our top priorities. Lastly, one week is kind of a thin time frame, imo. I understand that there's only one game running right now, but that's still not excuse to rush things.

#justsayin

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I'm sure people play causally and, to a degree, seriously. If one takes part in a Mafia game then they aren't completely obliged to play seriously, at the end of the day it is a forum game. I play somewhere in the middle, I think it's fine to be serious, but sometimes I think it's good if more players were laid back.

Juts my thoughts ;)

Rachel

be vigitant
I try not to get too into mafia games because they're supposed to be fun. Nobody wins prizes or anything. It's frustrating to get night killed especially on night 1 but it's still cool to follow along. :)

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
To both sides of the argument, I give all of my this.

lol people being butthurt
Pwa1wC3xiQ4SkTYvTI_WV04YladedEIeoR7YOvYxFT4=w168-h207-p-no

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Am I the only one impatiently waiting for the next game to start?

Like, real talk.

#cut4bieber #obamapride #mileycyrus4hk

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Am I the only one impatiently waiting for the next game to start?

Like, real talk.

#cut4bieber #obamapride #mileycyrus4hk

Umm...if you want a 3rd one active, it needs to be a Beginner game, otherwise there should only be 2. I believe that's the ruling we established.

Also, I was wondering, could we create a separate queue for open setup games? I've asked before, but I'm asking again, because open setup are often faster and more advanced than normal games and even role madness games in some cases. It would be a good way to keep people active and we could have multiple operating at the same time since they start fast (less players) and end fast (in general, most are faster games).

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
Also, I was wondering, could we create a separate queue for open setup games? I've asked before, but I'm asking again, because open setup are often faster and more advanced than normal games and even role madness games in some cases. It would be a good way to keep people active and we could have multiple operating at the same time since they start fast (less players) and end fast (in general, most are faster games).

If Viral was a mod for the mafia part of the forums maybe he would be able to regulate this for us :rolleyes:

seriously though we could have quick little week-long games like this. A way to practice and/or do something new, like police mafia or assassins ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom