• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Adventure of Link Ganon's Resurrection

I recently wondered why Ganon always appeared when Link died in Adventure of Link. Seeking an answer to this question I looked the game up, and apparently in the instruction book for the game it says that Ganon's followers are trying to kill Link because Link's blood will resurrect Ganon.

Well that's fine, but now I have a new question. Does this method apply to the other revivals of Ganon? If Link's blood could bring back Ganon, one would think he would be hunted all his life until he died, and when he finally did die, Ganon would be brought back.

So does this concept only apply to the Ganon killed in the original game? If not, why not?

Source:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zelda_II:_The_Adventure_of_Link#cite_note-manual-1

MrLuigi

Theorist
The more inconsistencies you bring up the more confused souls there are.

I would think so. I mean, if Link were to jump down into an abyss when he was ready to die, they couldn't get his blood. Haha, my thought on the subject.

Djinn

and Tonic
Actually the concept came back up in the Oracle series. Koume and Kotake were going to sacrifice Zelda to light the flame of despair to resurrect Ganon. Turns out that gaining the elements needed for the ritual was the point behind the plots of both games.
Thanks to Veran and Onox, the Flames of Sorrow and Destruction already flicker! And when we captured Zelda, the foolish humans gave us despair! Oh, Flames of Despair, Destruction and Sorrow, burn with the power of our evil deeds!" — Twinrova
Since they failed to sacrifice Zelda, Twinrova sacrificed herself instead which only resurrected a mindless monster Ganon. It is assumed the blood of a hero or princess was necessary or else the resurrection would not work properly and the Ganon of the Oracles was the result of a failed resurrection.

"Hoh hoh! Ganon's return was but a step away! Link! It is not over! Our rites have failed, but by sacrificing this body, Ganon will return!" — Twinrova
"Since they could not sacrifice me in their final rite, the powers of darkness could revive only a mindless, raging Ganon. Your power, wisdom and courage were able to prevent Twinrova's planned resurrection of Ganon." — Princess Zelda
Now they did reveal some of what was necessary for the ritual.
Onox has fallen, but the damage he has done to this land burns on in the Flame of Destruction!" — Twinrova
Behold, Veran! The troubles you caused have filled the land with cries of sorrow! It has given birth to the Flame of Sorrow, which burns brightly!" — Twinrova
They require chaos and destruction to be made across the country to light the flames of Destruction and Sorrow, after that a sacrifice needs to be made to light the flame of Despair. When we look at the instruction manual of AoL it does state that Ganon's minions were creating trouble for Hyrule again.

z2manual-03-04.jpg

From what is shown it looks like the Moblins are causing destruction, and sorrow in Hyrule. It says that Hyrule was on the road to ruin and displays the conquest of a village. And then they knew that Link's ashes were needed to revive Ganon. This could very well be the same ritual that Koume and Kotake attempted in the oracle games, only the people of Hyrule did not know about the flames of destruction and sorrow aspect.

However to answer your other question, if Link did indeed leave any minions alive then they might attempt hunting him until Ganon was revived again. Although many of his minions are not capable of performing rituals as complex as these, or they are not loyal enough to him after his death. Moblins and Bulblins are often tribal and follow any strong leaders. Others such as Twinrova are defeated by Link over the course of his adventure. Anyone else might attempt taking the triforce for themselves or replacing Ganon as the king of darkness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom