• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Gaming Sheep

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
So many of you might have heard the term "sheep" thrown around int heg aming world. Essentialyl what it is, is someone who will buy anything from a certain developer/publisher without considering anything. Sometimes they're called fanboys, even.

But, are you a sheep for any company? Don't lie, now.

I'm a sheep for Zelda - I'll play the games no matter what - and also for Kingdom Hearts. ^^

Big Octo

=^)
As much as I love Zelda, I wouldn't consider myself a "sheep" for the series. I rarely get a game at launch, and only get games if they actually interest me. I've played some games many years late because of what others have told me about them. When I spend money on a game, I make sure it's worth while.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I don't think I've been a sheep for any developer. Despite being a fan of Zelda, I have yet to pick up Spirit Tracks and Skyward Sword, and may not do so for a long time.

The developer that almost made me its sheep before ****ing up was Bioware. I would have bought anything they developed. Then they produced the turds that were Dragon Age II and Mass Effect 3, and the reverie was broken.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Oh and I'm also a sheep for CoD despite :?ing hating the series. I really don't know why I waste my money and time with CoD...but the series gets so alluring and I'm typically at a time where I just don't give a flying **** about my money. Q_Q
I wish I wwere smarter.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
I am a sheep for Super Smash Bros. Will and have bought systems just for that game. But while I do intend to play every canon Zelda game, I'm not sure I'd be called a sheep of the series.

As much as I love Zelda, I wouldn't consider myself a "sheep" for the series. I rarely get a game at launch, and only get games if they actually interest me. I've played some games many years late because of what others have told me about them. When I spend money on a game, I make sure it's worth while.

Basically this, save for the fact that I'll still play them all eventually, regardless.

Other than that, the honor goes to almost any game in the Final Fantasy series. I still have yet to play them all, but I've literally placed them on my bucket list. I also used to be a big fan of the Kingdom Hearts series, but I sort of fell off when it became a multi-console franchise—buying games/consoles on a whim became a big issue when I turned 18.

Next up: Just about any fighting game, especially if it is 2D. Oh, and double if it's an obscure, niche franchise from Japan, as such titles tend to be superior to the mainstream ones. For that reason, I plan to own and play every game in both the Guilty Gear and Blazblue series, even if it means going against my word in regards to importing. Unfortunately, it will be ages before I can even attempt to do that, and quite honestly, most of these games will probably be extremely rare and/or expensive as all f by then.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Yep. First parties like Mario and Zelda, I am a total sheep for. That's why I like first parties...I can trust them. There have been games I don't like as much as other, but it's rare that I actually regret my purchase (MKW and PM: SS)

Salem

SICK
Yep. First parties like Mario and Zelda, I am a total sheep for. That's why I like first parties...I can trust them. There have been games I don't like as much as other, but it's rare that I actually regret my purchase (MKW and PM: SS)
Paper Mario:ss I understand but Mario kart wii?

Hanyou

didn't build that
I make rational decisions as a consumer, I think, but if you want to call it being a sheep, feel free.

Harvest Moon. I buy nearly every game I can get my hands on. There's a real reason for it, though: a lot of mainstream outlets don't review the games or give them only cursory reviews, so the only way to know what the game has to offer is to talk to fans, who almost always review the games positively, or play the games yourself. Sometimes, it pays off. I spent $60 on Animal Parade when it was rarer than it is now (I've seen it for $19 since), but I don't regret it because it is easily one of the best Wii games I own. On the other hand, I haven't really gotten into a single handheld title since HMDS, which was itself a glitchy game.

I'm not sure this is being a "sheep" so much as knowing what I like and being willing to take the risks. The payoff can be fantastic--HM64, Friends of Mineral Town/Back to Nature, Magical Melody, Tree of Tranquility, and Animal Parade are all exceptional--but at least half the time, there isn't going to be one. I buy the games knowing that full well.

I also haven't bought Save the Homeland or any pre-Friends of Mineral Town HM game because there is enough information about those games to let me know it might not be worth the trouble. I also haven't bought a console for a Harvest Moon game, so I've missed out on a few other titles.

Pokemon. I've never played a Pokemon game I haven't liked, so I've bought at least one game from every generation except the second. I own Red, Blue, Yellow, Emerald, LeafGreen, Diamond, Platinum, SoulSilver, White, and White 2.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Paper Mario:ss I understand but Mario kart wii?

MKW was casualized even too much for me...it was visualized to the point I'd say it was made for non-gamers. There's way too much luck and random events going on. Getting hit by one mere item can knock you from 1st to 8th just like that. It was so awful, I didn't even get MK7. I might get MK8. There's something messed up with the fact that Wii Sports takes more skill than this though...

Oh and they ruined the battle system--no...they DESTROYED the battle system in MKW. =/

Salem

SICK
MKW was casualized even too much for me...it was visualized to the point I'd say it was made for non-gamers. There's way too much luck and random events going on. Getting hit by one mere item can knock you from 1st to 8th just like that. It was so awful, I didn't even get MK7. I might get MK8. There's something messed up with the fact that Wii Sports takes more skill than this though...

Oh and they ruined the battle system--no...they DESTROYED the battle system in MKW. =/
To be fair, at least you can turn off items this time.

Also on the battle system, yeah only teams no free-for-all battles.....:dry:

BlitzPlum

That 3D Guy
I hate the fact that I'm umm.... Sonic the Sheep. Yeah, played Sonic at a really young age and even though the games can be incredibly mediocre, I still play them. I'm an odd one, like that.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
If a gaming series has proven itself to be entertaining for me for several titles, then I am very likely to get the next game, like with Zelda, Fable, the Harry Potter games, etc. Would I classify myself as a sheep because of it? Not sure. Can't say I care whether I would be classified as one or not, because I'm not so concerned with how others view me...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom