• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Help Gameplay Tips

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
So, I just bought myself a copy of Darksiders (based on the E3 WiiU Darksiders II trailer) and I was wondering if you vets have any little tips/secrets for those of us who are relatively new to the franchise!

You know those little tips/secrets that are only known to those few who know the game back-to-front. Such as in OoT:
After getting the Ocarina of Time, you can hear the story of what happened at Hyrule Castle from one of the guards in a side-alley or playing The Sun's Song can spawn a red fairy at various points when Navi turns green

Looking forward to reading about them! And please wrap anything story related in tags as I am not big on spoilers - thank you!

Last edited:

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
5 Tips for you:
1: The Hollow Lord (check out options)
2: The Havester/Scythe is excellant for crowd control, especially with war's glory or death's Blessing
3: That Chaoseater of your weak and sad? Then look no farther than honing on the Stygians body (warning!!! do not remove mask) you can easily get to level 3 on your own.
4: Gather your soulds it really a good idea.
5: Attacking from the air is an excellant idea just don't do it all the time some enemies (flesheater, grappleclaw and other large foes) can take you outta the air easier.
Bonus tips Beware the gohlen those things hurt like hell. Tiamat is one hell of a pest if you ain't expecting it.

Feel free to ask me more questions i got almost all lifestone shard and wrath shards, i am in possesstion of all but 5 soldier artifacts and i have the abyssal armor.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
While not quite as cool as some of the secrets in Zelda, there is a fun little bonus you can do - fight Wicked K. Spoilers in link!

Thanks for that! I encountered him twice while I was playing and now, I know why!

5 Tips for you:
1: The Hollow Lord (check out options)
2: The Havester/Scythe is excellant for crowd control, especially with war's glory or death's Blessing
3: That Chaoseater of your weak and sad? Then look no farther than honing on the Stygians body (warning!!! do not remove mask) you can easily get to level 3 on your own.
4: Gather your soulds it really a good idea.
5: Attacking from the air is an excellant idea just don't do it all the time some enemies (flesheater, grappleclaw and other large foes) can take you outta the air easier.
Bonus tips Beware the gohlen those things hurt like hell. Tiamat is one hell of a pest if you ain't expecting it.

Feel free to ask me more questions i got almost all lifestone shard and wrath shards, i am in possesstion of all but 5 soldier artifacts and i have the abyssal armor.

Thanks a heap! I will take this into account when I do a replay on apocalyptic. I have just finished a playthrough on normal which was not too difficult once I leveled an powered up my weapons.

I do have a couple of questions: Where do I find the legendary items that are listed on the equip screen? Where is the best place to gather souls? and What is the max number of health and wrath you can have?

Oh, btw, who or what is The Hollow Lord? Even though I just completed the game, my mind is drawing a blank...

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
The Hollow Lord refers to Death's sycthe The Havester if you go options then cheat and type in " The Hollow Lord" (Case sensitive), you will aquire the Havester which reaps more sould than the scythe does, for a good amount of souls i would be is silitha's loom the mini spiders tend to respawn very fast netting you large amounts per minute if you quick enough, ten lifestones and 10 wrath cores, ( you will need to check a walkthrough i may have them all but i can't recall off top of my head, so check everychest), As for legendary enchancements see my next post.

War's Glory: Iron Canapy: Just after the crystal spider is killed there a long corridoor that has no floor and requires you to grapple to the other side if you latch onto the first one and as you swing instead of going forward go back and aim for a ledge just above the entrance to the room and war's glory is in a chest there. Passive bonus: Increase chaos form, Increase attack strength. ( Attach to Chaoseater)

Strife's Offering: Ashland: In the room with the 8 goremaw's (thing's that eat you if you pass underneath) there a area at the far end of the cavern you need the abyssal chain to get there jump from the ledge on your side and grapple over to there kill the two sets of monsters and open the chest. Passive bonus: Increase projectile damage and protection of projectile damage.
(Doesn't overtly matter if you don't attach this, the slot is better up taken by Fury's Embrace).

Fury's Embrace: The Black Throne First Tower: as soon as you have the first tower complete and have the voidwalker return to the room with a giant chasm and a floating path going over it if you look over to one side you will see a window you can portal onto do so and follow this new path to get the enhancement. Passive bonus:Boosts Wrath power damage, reveals all world maps and items, additional Wrath boost on killing blows

Death's Blessing: Scalding Gallow: On your way to the ashlands you come to a giant door that requires you to use chronmancy to pass enter the room and portal the window then head to the other side of the door when you do turn around and portal this other window hop through and once more activate the chronoswitch and raise the door stand next to the portal and when it has risen fully hop out and fly to the platform up here open the chest. Passive Bonus: +25% more souls gained when monster is killed with a sword / gauntlet that is slotted with Death's Blessing, +60% more souls gained when monster is killed with The Harvester that is slotted with Death's Blessing, slotting any weapon, even the sword, with Death's Blessing will not give any extra souls if monster is killed with a instant kill move.

If you need souls badly search for Wicked K in Twilight Cathedral, Anvil's Ford, Choking Grounds and Drowned Pass, you get 1000 souls for the fist two fight and 2000 for the other two, but a fair warning now he is tough as heck if you ain't good and defending.

Last edited:

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
The Hollow Lord refers to Death's sycthe The Havester if you go options then cheat and type in " The Hollow Lord" (Case sensitive), you will aquire the Havester which reaps more sould than the scythe does, for a good amount of souls i would be is silitha's loom the mini spiders tend to respawn very fast netting you large amounts per minute if you quick enough, ten lifestones and 10 wrath cores, ( you will need to check a walkthrough i may have them all but i can't recall off top of my head, so check everychest), As for legendary enchancements see my next post.

War's Glory: Iron Canapy: Just after the crystal spider is killed there a long corridoor that has no floor and requires you to grapple to the other side if you latch onto the first one and as you swing instead of going forward go back and aim for a ledge just above the entrance to the room and war's glory is in a chest there. Passive bonus: Increase chaos form, Increase attack strength. ( Attach to Chaoseater)

Strife's Offering: Ashland: In the room with the 8 goremaw's (thing's that eat you if you pass underneath) there a area at the far end of the cavern you need the abyssal chain to get there jump from the ledge on your side and grapple over to there kill the two sets of monsters and open the chest. Passive bonus: Increase projectile damage and protection of projectile damage.
(Doesn't overtly matter if you don't attach this, the slot is better up taken by Fury's Embrace).

Fury's Embrace: The Black Throne First Tower: as soon as you have the first tower complete and have the voidwalker return to the room with a giant chasm and a floating path going over it if you look over to one side you will see a window you can portal onto do so and follow this new path to get the enhancement. Passive bonus:Boosts Wrath power damage, reveals all world maps and items, additional Wrath boost on killing blows

Death's Blessing: Scalding Gallow: On your way to the ashlands you come to a giant door that requires you to use chronmancy to pass enter the room and portal the window then head to the other side of the door when you do turn around and portal this other window hop through and once more activate the chronoswitch and raise the door stand next to the portal and when it has risen fully hop out and fly to the platform up here open the chest. Passive Bonus: +25% more souls gained when monster is killed with a sword / gauntlet that is slotted with Death's Blessing, +60% more souls gained when monster is killed with The Harvester that is slotted with Death's Blessing, slotting any weapon, even the sword, with Death's Blessing will not give any extra souls if monster is killed with a instant kill move.

If you need souls badly search for Wicked K in Twilight Cathedral, Anvil's Ford, Choking Grounds and Drowned Pass, you get 1000 souls for the fist two fight and 2000 for the other two, but a fair warning now he is tough as heck if you ain't good and defending.

Thanks a heap! I'm sure this info will make the second playthrough a breeze! If I have anymore questions can I PM you?

Kuddlesnot

100% Video Creator
You can also do some soul grinding. My version is a bit outdated, so here is a better one - it is technically an exploit, but when grinding for those later achievements, it just becomes a time-saver.

Darksiders: Soul Farming- Horseman Achievement - YouTube

As for total numbers, there are-

Wrath

10 Cores Total

-Begin with 2 Cores

-19 Shards to collect, 1 Shard available for purchase from Vulgrim (20 shards means 5 cores)

-1 Core to collect, 1 Core available for purchase from Vulgrim, 1 Core received after trading the Overlord Artifact to Vulgrim

Life

10 Lifestones Total

-Begin with 1 Core

-14 Shards to Collect, 1 Shard received after trading all soldier artifacts to Vulgrim, 1 Shard received after trading all champion artifacts to Vulgrim (16 shards means 4 cores)

-5 complete stones collected after defeating bosses

I get everything and more in my video guides on my youtube channel, the official guides for Darksiders Dungeon and Darksiders Wiki.

Last edited:

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
You can also do some soul grinding. My version is a bit outdated, so here is a better one - it is technically an exploit, but when grinding for those later achievements, it just becomes a time-saver.

Darksiders: Soul Farming- Horseman Achievement - YouTube

As for total numbers, there are-

Wrath

10 Cores Total

-Begin with 2 Cores

-19 Shards to collect, 1 Shard available for purchase from Vulgrim (20 shards means 5 cores)

-1 Core to collect, 1 Core available for purchase from Vulgrim, 1 Core received after trading the Overlord Artifact to Vulgrim

Life

10 Lifestones Total

-Begin with 1 Core

-14 Shards to Collect, 1 Shard received after trading all soldier artifacts to Vulgrim, 1 Shard received after trading all champion artifacts to Vulgrim (16 shards means 4 cores)

-5 complete stones collected after defeating bosses

I get everything and more in my video guides on my youtube channel, the official guides for Darksiders Dungeon and Darksiders Wiki.

Thanks! I am going to start my second playthrough soon with all this in mind...I am just about out of internet quota though for this month but I will be sure to check out those youTube videos once it resets!

Both you and Ganon5069 have been an invaluable source of information! Thanks again guys!

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
No worries i will point out the best way to kill wraiths is with abyssal chain once you get it, you can rip them outta the air and pummel them ^^ til then defence is a major key with wraiths god i hate thos things.

StarGate55555

Trophy Guide Writer
To make things super easy in term of achievement/trophy earning would be to beat the game on easy or normal and making sure to complete the Abyssal Armor Set which will make the hardest difficulty a piece of cake.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member

I just wanted to do a quick update and let the world know that I have Darksiders for PC. On the PC version, there is no 'Enter Cheat' option like there is on the Xbox. Instead, we have an 'Advanced Options' option to click on. I also did some online research just to make sure but there is no possible way to obtain The Harvester without some major hacking :(

To make things super easy in term of achievement/trophy earning would be to beat the game on easy or normal and making sure to complete the Abyssal Armor Set which will make the hardest difficulty a piece of cake.

Thanks for the tip!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom