• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread [GAME THREAD] JOAT (Jack of All Trades) Mafia - ENDGAME - MAFIA WINS

Alright, well I’m sure OG is scum, so -Lo today could lead to a loss. There’s no way he’s not an ability thief of some kind, of all the creative roles Ex could think up why would he repeat 2 that play almost the same yet have different rewards? It just feels off and that he’s covering his back with the role thief stuff.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
Alright, well I’m sure OG is scum, so -Lo today could lead to a loss. There’s no way he’s not an ability thief of some kind, of all the creative roles Ex could think up why would he repeat 2 that play almost the same yet have different rewards? It just feels off and that he’s covering his back with the role thief stuff.
its a cool role which is reason enough to do two variations on it. If you're going to do two variations on a card game role its natural to give them different rewards. The roles themselves also seem pretty distinct despite OG's calling it "virtually the same". Beryl played poker using a combination of hidden information (random card) semi-hidden information (player alignment = suit), static information (player sign-up order) and card charges (jokers) that build up over time and can be used to reach the higher rewards. OG has been unclear on how exactly their ability functions but they assemble a hand that grows in value and which punishes them for being under 2 or over 6. This implies that they're dealing with hidden information as well, and that they have the ability to continue to push their luck to try to get closer to 6 at the risk of going over. Its a different take on a card-mini-game role, and I think it makes perfect sense to have two such roles in one game.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
OG describing their role as fully passive and as not having a kit does strike me as strange, but i could see it being the result of a misreading of their role or a misunderstanding of the language. For example, their role in practice might be that they have no shots, but have one passive ability that grants them additional votes equal to the value of their hand, and that they can draw an extra card whenever they want to improve the value of their hand, at the risk of being punished for going over. They might then not understand or consider drawing a card as an "activated ability" and consider their role entirely passive.

Their role being indistinguishable from beryl's is more suspicious, in my mind, but fortunately their role as claimed is confirmable, so unless we lose the game we should be able to eliminate them from the PoE tomorrow, or else catch them lying.

roleblock if dusky shot

Dusky wouldn't have had a chance to shoot as the D2 lynch, no?

My Passive ability.........is a passive ability. It is not a shot. Shots have a fixed number of uses. My Passive ability doesnt go away. I have unlimited uses of it. I am not lying and I don't think I misunderstand. I dont what else to tell you guys. I have explained it like a bazillion times. It may not make sense to you guys, but to me, I understand it perfectly.

All I am trying to say that the misunderstanding may not be on my part.

Passive is not permanent. Passive just means that it's always on. You don't have to trigger it. Your ability, as described, doesn't sound passive. It sounds like something you activate intentionally, ie you PM Ex saying You're going to use your ability. Otherwise your vote's weight would fluctuate on its own. So if you do pm ex to use it, then it's not passive even if it's unlimited use and this discrepancy of meanings is why people are seeing you as lying or confused.

If Jamie were town I would expect a hammer to be decently likely by this point, but some scum would play a game like this more cautiously than others.

I made a big emphasis about votes specifically so scum wouldn't be able to go for a quick hammer, on OG or Jamie. Having chaos elements in the mix is enough to give them pause as well.

Speaking of which. I'm not going to claim either. What I did last night seems, so far, to have had no impact.

EBWOP: Ass end of my post got cut off...

Speaking of which. I'm not going to full claim either. What I did last night seems, so far, to have had no impact. It's not an expended ability so I will not speak on it further. I have a third ability that I will not speak on either.

I will go ahead and say that I do have a potential passive of being able to talk while dead provided I successfully escape death once before I meet my end. To my knowledge I have not met that prerequisite.

OGSniper

Sharpshooter for Hire
ZD Champion
Would it be a bad idea if we dont vote today? What if we just skip and then the Mafia will have probably killed someone, so that means that their would be less people to look in to on the next day. Also, those who have rolecop and investigation shots are also able to use them one last time.

Or would this be a bad idea?

Ragnarokio

no-lynching is not an unreasonable choice here. We can probably confirm OG's role today or tomorrow. They could still be scum if they're telling the truth but i'd like to think ex wouldn't give scum a quadruple vote so it makes them a less appealing target if nothing else.

realistically me or rubik die tonight, and then we either lynch jamie if OG is telling the truth or OG if OG is lying. Its possible we could have OG confirm their role today and lynch based on that as well, although in the event jamie is scum and OG loses his vote it could make tomorrow awkward. In the event jamie and OG are both town we could lose off it, but i don't know how much sense it makes to lynch outside that pool with both players alive to begin with.

Ragnarokio

Vote: Jamie[/color

going to bed soon, not sure when deadline is or when i'll check the thread again

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Would it be a bad idea if we dont vote today? What if we just skip and then the Mafia will have probably killed someone, so that means that their would be less people to look in to on the next day. Also, those who have rolecop and investigation shots are also able to use them one last time.

Or would this be a bad idea?
It's a viable strategy, but the fact that town might have a vig or a protection role that can go through makes me generally favor lynching in this kind of situation (this is likely "mylo" [meaning if we mislynch town today we lose]. As opposed to "lylo" [meaning we need to lynch scum today or we lose])

Mint Elv

Fish!
I say vote. No lynching will probably put us in the same position we are already in. Better to just risk it now. And I also don’t see why frame Jamie. I can’t see a scum team without Jamie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom