• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Game Mistake?

Subzerostupid

Subzerostupid
When i was playing Zelda Skyward Sword i think i noted two mistakes, when you are talking with the old lady in the sealed temple for the first time, i noticed she was using the bracellet that zelda gives to the past impa in the end of the game only (i know the old lady is also impa) but how the hell she is alredy using it? and the other mistake is: there is a big door behind her, and it is cracked, and when i looked through it i saw the crystal that zelda sleeps almost in the end of the game... what the hell she is alredy doing there? it was the first time i was in the sealed temple.
These basically need the the same answer. Look at it this way: if we compare Zelda crystallising herself and giving impa the bracelet to (sorry for this, but it's something basic that everyone knows) WW2. Link going back in time to see both these events (bracelet+crystallise) is like one of us going back in time to see e.g. Hitler giving a speech.
You saying 'why has the old lady a lady got the bracelet' or 'why is Zelda already in the crystal' is like us asking why the speech we went to see is already documented in history textbooks in 2012. It happened in the past so in the present the event has already happened and the consequences are already in effect (Zelda in crystal in back room, impa has the bracelet, speech recorded in textbook). There's no paradox, the events are merely being spurred on by characters in the present travelling to the past. Sorry if this is confusing, I could explain it better with diagrams.

Oh and i have a doubt: the goddess (in the past) told impa to help zelda, but that impa became old (the old lady from the sealed temple) so.. where the hell that impa from the past came from? No one opened the gate of time, and the past was not supposed to be happening again, so the goddess didn't told to the impa to the past to come to the future to help zelda unless, everything in the game alredy happened before.
This is a valid point, and a doubt I felt myself. I think the best explanation is that impa was able to activate the time gate while she was in the past. How, I don't know, possibly involving the goddess herself before she placed her soul in a mortal.

It's funny, it wasn't until after I finished the game and went back again in Hero mode that I understood this thread. Now I noticed it and looked. It's funny, but it makes a lot of sense, the time paradox idea. All these explanations are good though :)

This is why time-travel, IMO, will never happen. Time-travel is a sci-fi concept made up by man. That's why Nintendo can just make up 3 possible outcomes to the Ocarina of Time story. Basically, it gives the storyteller free reign to do whatever they please, which in my eyes is weak.

Still one of my favorite Zelda games though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom