• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Game Mistake?

When i was playing Zelda Skyward Sword i think i noted two mistakes, when you are talking with the old lady in the sealed temple for the first time, i noticed she was using the bracellet that zelda gives to the past impa in the end of the game only (i know the old lady is also impa) but how the hell she is alredy using it? and the other mistake is: there is a big door behind her, and it is cracked, and when i looked through it i saw the crystal that zelda sleeps almost in the end of the game... what the hell she is alredy doing there? it was the first time i was in the sealed temple.
Oh and i have a doubt: the goddess (in the past) told impa to help zelda, but that impa became old (the old lady from the sealed temple) so.. where the hell that impa from the past came from? No one opened the gate of time, and the past was not supposed to be happening again, so the goddess didn't told to the impa to the past to come to the future to help zelda unless, everything in the game alredy happened before. Oh god my mind!
Can anyone answer me this?

sorry for bad english

and if i am wrong about something please tell me.

Jetaluski7

Master Swordsman
I think Old Impa has the bracelet because it was already given to her a long time ago. Same for Zelda sealing herself. They had already happened in the past so they showed when you first arrive.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
can you explain to me please? i don't understand this time paradox!

A paradox is something that defies logic. In short, a paradox is something that seems to contradict itself, yet it also somehow makes sense. A great example of this is saying, "This sentence is a lie." By saying that it's a lie, you've told the truth, but if you've told the truth, then the sentence can't be a lie. This pattern of logic keeps going on and on and on endlessly until mind = blown. The same goes for a time paradox, only that the anti-logical sense to it is multiplied by 1000. Skyward Sword is not immune to this. In order for the elderly Impa to have the bracelet, Link, Zelda and Groose had to have completed their journey by going back in time. They hadn't done that yet, though, so it doesn't seem to make sense. However, the fact that time-travel was involved allows the paradox explanation to come in. Since it happened in the past, the flow of time is affected to where the "end" result had already happened. However, the "start" of it all needs to happen in order for the paradox to keep going. It's basically a cycle that has no beginning and no end. It makes more sense when it's not thought about with pure logic.

Predestination parodax or a time staple. Everything done in the past like giving a bracelet to past Impa or sealing Demise in the Master Sword is technically the first event chronologically. It goes like this:
Hylia seals Demise
Hylia starts off the plan to destroy Demise
Impa goes to the Future>
Impa brings back Zelda followed by Link later<
Master Sword was blessed by Zelda and Zelda goes into crystal slumber
Link leaves-
Ghirahim comes through the Time Gate with an awaken Zelda followed by an angry Link and Groose+
Ghirahim unseals Demise, but Demise was defeated by Link and resealed again with the Master Sword
The Master Sword is left in the past to contain Demise
Zelda gives Impa the bracelet
Link, Zelda, and Groose leaves the past through the Time Gate=
Several Centuries Later.....
Old Impa finds Zelda, who has fallen from the Sky
Zelda goes on a quest to rediscover her past-self
Impa from the past arrives and aids Zelda>
They went through the Time Gate into the past while Link forges the Goddess Sword upon Old Impa's request<
The Imprisoned, the sealed body of Demise, breaks out.
But thanks to the new spike, Link repels him back into the seal two times
Link goes to the past to gain the final blessing from Zelda<
Link returns to look for the Triforce-
Link finds the Triforce and wish for Demise's demise
Sleeping Zelda awakens from her slumber and Link and Zelda reunite
Ghirahim kidnaps Zelda and travels into the past to unseal Demise as he was still alive in the past, followed by Link and Groose+
Link, Zelda, and Groose return from the past=
Old Impa reveals herself to be Impa with the bracelet and the Master Sword was in the Sealed Temple all long.

Predestination parodax or a time staple. Everything done in the past like giving a bracelet to past Impa or sealing Demise in the Master Sword is technically the first event chronologically. It goes like this:
Hylia seals Demise
Hylia starts off the plan to destroy Demise
Impa goes to the Future>
Impa brings back Zelda followed by Link later<
Master Sword was blessed by Zelda and Zelda goes into crystal slumber
Link leaves-
Ghirahim comes through the Time Gate with an awaken Zelda followed by an angry Link and Groose+
Ghirahim unseals Demise, but Demise was defeated by Link and resealed again with the Master Sword
The Master Sword is left in the past to contain Demise
Zelda gives Impa the bracelet
Link, Zelda, and Groose leaves the past through the Time Gate=
Several Centuries Later.....
Old Impa finds Zelda, who has fallen from the Sky
Zelda goes on a quest to rediscover her past-self
Impa from the past arrives and aids Zelda>
They went through the Time Gate into the past while Link forges the Goddess Sword upon Old Impa's request<
The Imprisoned, the sealed body of Demise, breaks out.
But thanks to the new spike, Link repels him back into the seal two times
Link goes to the past to gain the final blessing from Zelda<
Link returns to look for the Triforce-
Link finds the Triforce and wish for Demise's demise
Sleeping Zelda awakens from her slumber and Link and Zelda reunite
Ghirahim kidnaps Zelda and travels into the past to unseal Demise as he was still alive in the past, followed by Link and Groose+
Link, Zelda, and Groose return from the past=
Old Impa reveals herself to be Impa with the bracelet and the Master Sword was in the Sealed Temple all long.

thank you so much, now everything makes sense now!

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I have a question about Demise's "demise" as it were, if link slays him in the past then he isn't in the future so technically link doesn't fight him 3 times and the triforce isn't need to kill him.

LinkPTY

Skyward Wiimote
I have a question about Demise's "demise" as it were, if link slays him in the past then he isn't in the future so technically link doesn't fight him 3 times and the triforce isn't need to kill him.

Time paradox as well. Don't bang your head trying to understand it.

Now where did it says that Demise was destroyed in the past? From the looks of it, it seems that Demise was just sealed away again, this time with his mind in the Master Sword. Because there was no major change in present (Goddess Statue and Triforce), everything was pre-destinied and that Demise truly met his end when the Triforce and the Goddess Isle landed on top of him.

i think that guy typed wrong, he meant to say: demise's death

Demise was sealed in the past in the form of The Imprisoned inside of the sealing spike. In other words, The Imprisoned is Demise's sealed form. He is destroyed once and for all by Link with the aid of the Master Sword and Triforce (also the Statue of the Goddess lol).

i think that guy typed wrong, he meant to say: demise's death

Demise = death, end

de·mise/diˈmīz/

Noun:
A person's death.

Synonyms:
death - decease

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/demise

SNOlink

I'm baack. Who missed me?
It's a complex time concept. Think of it this way. Impa is experiencing this twice. The first time is when she is travelling with Zelda (younger). At the end of that experience, she gets the bracelet. She keeps the bracelet, returns to the past, and goes through her experience with Link and Groose (older). The thing with Zelda is kind of similar. Technically, there are two Zeldas when you begin the game. The one in Skyloft and the one in the crystal. The one in Skyloft goes to the past to become that one. Because it's the past, it has to also be in the present. Does what I say make sense or do you have questions still?

It's a complex time concept. Think of it this way. Impa is experiencing this twice. The first time is when she is travelling with Zelda (younger). At the end of that experience, she gets the bracelet. She keeps the bracelet, returns to the past, and goes through her experience with Link and Groose (older). The thing with Zelda is kind of similar. Technically, there are two Zeldas when you begin the game. The one in Skyloft and the one in the crystal. The one in Skyloft goes to the past to become that one. Because it's the past, it has to also be in the present. Does what I say make sense or do you have questions still?

i understood this when the other guy posted that huge "timeline" i don't have any more question!
Thank you all for helping me =D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom