• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Classic Game Boy Advance~Zelda's Best Handheld Moments?

dazzsheil

All Hail Shadow
Why is the Game Boy advance considered a classic(and even more,Minish Cap which is only one year older than Twilight Princess) console? It's wayyyy too young to be considered a classic machiene(I Hope ZD Adds a spellchecker soon like Vizzed...) but anyways, GBA Zelda.The prime example of great handheld gaming.A Remake of the greatest 2D Action Adventure ever( A Link to the Past) and the debut of multi-player in Zelda PLUS One of the greatest handheld games ever made( Minish cap) make the GBA Zelda games ehat I Like to call a yardstick. Without Four swords,the Franchise would probaly have stayed Single Player Until Phantom Hourglass came out......5 YEARS LATER!!! And without minish Cap the 2D Adventuerer would have probaly Died on GBA( You tell me One Post Minish Cap 2D Adventure Game for GBA And i'll take it all back:D)

DARK MASTER

The Emperor
:yes:Yes, Minish Cap was a very good 2D Zelda. In fact, I'm recording the game right now. However, did you know there were four 2D Zelda games, kinda like Minish Cap? These are the Tingle Zelda's, for the DS. You have Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland, Color Changing Tingle's Love Balloon Trip, Tingle's Balloon Fight DS and Too Much Tingle Pack (DSI Ware). So I hope you can learn from this, and maybe check these games out?;)

This video is of, Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland.
[video=youtube;hxPPsqmJytI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxPPsqmJytI[/video]

I'm not 100% positive what the thread is asking, but I agree that it is a little early to call the Gameboy Advance a classic machine. It's just barely 10 years old. Some people don't even consider the 15 year old Nintendo 64 to be a classic console. Most people consider the original Playstation (≈17 years old) to be the last of the classic gaming consoles. Of course, as time goes one, the cut-off point will move further up, and will probably soon include the Nintendo 64, but I think we still have a ways to wait until the Gameboy Advance is a classic system. The last game made for it came out in 2008, only three years ago, and the Gameboy Micro, the updated version of the Gameboy Advance, only came out 6 years ago.

With all of that said, to some extent, it's in the eye of the beholder. I suppose someone under the age of 10 might consider the original GBA to be classic.

dazzsheil

All Hail Shadow
I'm not 100% positive what the thread is asking, but I agree that it is a little early to call the Gameboy Advance a classic machine. It's just barely 10 years old. Some people don't even consider the 15 year old Nintendo 64 to be a classic console. Most people consider the original Playstation (≈17 years old) to be the last of the classic gaming consoles. Of course, as time goes one, the cut-off point will move further up, and will probably soon include the Nintendo 64, but I think we still have a ways to wait until the Gameboy Advance is a classic system. The last game made for it came out in 2008, only three years ago, and the Gameboy Micro, the updated version of the Gameboy Advance, only came out 6 years ago.

With all of that said, to some extent, it's in the eye of the beholder. I suppose someone under the age of 10 might consider the original GBA to be classic.

True...I Think it was all over after Saturn for me personally,but what i'm trying to say is that the GBA Is not a bad platform for Zelda Games! Minish Cap is the Best 2D Zelda( In my opinion) and DARK MASTER,Yes I Did know about the Tingle games...But only one of them was released in Europe,Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland,and since A: I Don't care about the Tingle games and B: If ain't released in Europe, I CAN'T PLAY IT :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom