• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Mafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pen

The game is on!
Well personally, here is my ranking from most likely to be town/not lying to most likely to be lying/mafia:
1) ALIT (Alphonse is def in game), Pendio (as scar/vig, since we know for sure a vig exists)
2) Furie (doc), Poka (cop)
3) Draco (Alex is a decently important character, and I feel like if Maria Ross is in, Alex Armstrong def is), GWAF (Winry, def in for the same reason as Armstrong)
4) Atticus (Vato), Lord Death (Denny). Weakest claims thus far. They seem to be cut from the same stone as Maria Ross (ancillary characters), who we know was in this game, but it seems more likely that Al, Scar, Doc, Riza, Alex, Winry and Izumi are town, than Denny and Vato.

And what about yourself? Where would your role fit in? :brow:

Question to those of you who know the FMA series well: Do you agree with Viral on this? Is this list reasonable to you?

Since I don't know any of the characters I can only go off the roles and what others say about the characters. I'm quite sure the remaining Mafia members have role claimed as Vanilla Townies (or possibly Bulletproof Townie, though if ALIT's character is super important I think we can exclude him).

List of Vanilla Townies:
Viral Maze - Izumi Curtis
Dracomajora - Alex Armstrong
GirlWithAFairy - Winry
Lord Death - Denny Brosh
Atticus - Vato Falman

The two members of the Mafia are likely hiding amongst these. It would be cool if Dracomajora and Lord Death are the remaining Mafia members. In that case Kybyrian's scum list would be flawless. Anyway, that's nothing I particularly believe to be true.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Don't forget the Cop, Doc, and Wincon. If we're going with Viral's plan, then the Doc should guard the Vig, and the Cop should investigate GWAF/Viral, and that we should use the wincon on the other that isn't investigated.
I say everyone rank their suspicions. Two most suspicious players are winconned/lynched/vigged/investigated etc.

And what about yourself? Where would your role fit in? :brow:
At the top of course >_>
But if you want my unbiased approach, using the same theory I applied to the other roles, my role would fit in the #3 slot, beside Draco and Gwaf.

Pen

The game is on!
At the top of course >_>
But if you want my unbiased approach, using the same theory I applied to the other roles, my role would fit in the #3 slot, beside Draco and Gwaf.

Alright, thanks. Also, you say you think Atticus and Lord Death have good chances of being Mafia, I think that makes sense. I don't believe a Mafioso would take the risk of fake claiming as a Vanilla Townie amongst the first ones to role claim. Considering Atticus and Lord Death were the last ones to role claim (except for PokaLink, but he claimed to be the cop, and did not get a counter claim), I think it's logical to assume that Atticus and Lord Death are the last Mafia members. And since Viral Maze (who I think is familiar with the game's theme) thinks their role claims were the weakest, it makes me even more certain.

I'd like to here some other thoughts too though.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
Im Van Hoenheim. And how about a new plan?

We can lynch Atticus or Lord if you all want to, though I doubt either will turn out to be scum.

Vigilante will kill who he wants to, depending on the result of the lynch, but I suggest he targets either GWAF or Viral.

At the very least, the cop should investigate Viral.

EBYODP

I'd also like to point out that GWAF only gave us her first name, which arises even more suspicions in me.

Kirino

Tatakae
Lynch-Atticus
Vigilante nightkill-Lord Death
Investigate-GWAF
Wincon-Viral

Any objections? I'm pretty much a confirmed town, so doing the above will be an easy way to deal with all vanilla townies. The vanilla townies are most likely to be Mafia. Figuring out if the power roles are telling the truth will be easy. If they don't follow the town's instructions, we can assume that their Mafia. Besides, nobody has even counterclaimed, so i'ts highly likely that they're telling the truth. That will leave us with only ALIT.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Excuse me, my claim is weak? How so? Like I said before, I cannot help that my role is so small. Rainy assigned me my Vanilla Townie role, and I had no objections to it. That's the bottom-line.

Now, I would like to bring up a theory, A THEORY! Viral was the one who wanted all of us to mass role claim, correct? Viral stated that he was a mere Vanilla Townie, correct? I personally believe that's an extremely weak claim, and that he wanted all of us to role claim so he could find who the Doctor, Vigilante, and Cop were. In a nutshell, I believe he lead us all into a trap.

Unvote: GirlWithAFairy
Vote: Viral Maze

Kirino

Tatakae
Excuse me, my claim is weak? How so? Like I said before, I cannot help that my role is so small. Rainy assigned me my Vanilla Townie role, and I had no objections to it. That's the bottom-line.

Now, I would like to bring up a theory, A THEORY! Viral was the one who wanted all of us to mass role claim, correct? Viral stated that he was a mere Vanilla Townie, correct? I personally believe that's an extremely weak claim, and that he wanted all of us to role claim so he could find who the Doctor, Vigilante, and Cop were. In a nutshell, I believe he lead us all into a trap.

Unvote: GirlWithAFairy

That is, of course, a possibly. I've been thinking the same since he brought up the idea. We could discover Viral's role right now if we wanted to. Just ask him for his wincon. I think what I proposed last post with everyone is a good idea. Do all the power roles agree?

Moonstone

Fine. I agree only if Dracomajora, the power roles, and ALiT all agree we can trust each other. I certainly do.

GirlWithAFairy

Man... the ****???
I'd also like to point out that GWAF only gave us her first name, which arises even more suspicions in me.

I only gave Winrys first name because I was too lazy to say Im Winry Rockbell. Didnt know we were getting anal about how one gave their character names. But as previously stated, investigate me, Im as vanilla as they come, well, here at least...

EBWODP

Whats a wincon?

Pen

The game is on!
I think what I proposed last post with everyone is a good idea. Do all the power roles agree?

I agree, but if we ask Viral for the wincon today (which I think we should) and he turns out to be scum I think we should lynch him instead of Atticus (your suggested lynch). Though otherwise we'll lynch her, I think that's good. And I'll kill Lord Death tonight.

EBWODP

Whats a wincon?

Wincon is a short for win condition.

EBWODP

I am a bit worried about Furie, our Doctor, because she will probably be the victim for the Mafia tonight...

Last edited:

Moonstone

I get the feeling, too. But I'll do my best. As long as the 5 basically confirmed town stick together, we'll win this.

Lord Death

Bichon Frise
Aww really? I'm getting offed tonight because I was given a slightly less important role? Viral Maze keeps saying I'm scummy because I had a weak claim, but Maria Ross was in this game, why is it so absurd that I am too? (That question actually makes sense if you know FMA:cool:. Oh well, it looks like we'll win anyway, but you'll be wasting a valuable kill if I get lynched or killed tonight. The game got way less interesting because of this anyway... Took away the fun and charm of "be suspicious of everybody."

If I may offer one last theory, I'm almost positive Viral Maze is mafia now. After reading Atticus's post and reviewing the game so far, I remembered that Envy is one of the remaining mafia members. If you watch the show, you'd know Envy has the ability to take the physical appearance of any person.

Envy (エンヴィー Enbī) is a Homunculus who has the ability of shape-shifting. This unique ability can be used to assume the form of any existing person (or original personas that Envy itself creates) and can even modify its own voice to directly copy others'. -- FMA wiki

As to how this pertains to the game, I'd go out on a ledge and assume that the player of Envy has a fake-claim ability. That is, the mod would send them a townie-aligned alias in their original role PM. Since Viral is the person who suggested this whole scenario, and didn't have the greatest claim, IMO, I'm inclined to believe that he is Envy, felt confident with his fake claim, and tried to get us all to reveal our roles. (He succeeded, btw...)

So take this information for what you will; I think he's the scummiest one of all of us.

Unvote

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
Well, its intersting how no regular Mafia (excluding father) thusfar havent had any special abilities, Viral said that i probably had investigated him, and was told he was town, an intersting thing to say, he seemed quite sure of himself, and i thing he maybe has the power to hide his identity like Father did, wich would corralate to his charecter descricption, just a thouhgt, to exlpain why he made that claim, plus he was the one who made us all reveal the important roles, i dont know about the rest of you, but Viral is up there with my thoughts of who may be Mafia.

Lord Death

Bichon Frise
Viral, give us your wincon. If you can't, then I suppose we have no choice but to lynch you.

I'm curious to see what he says, to say the least, but you won't find me holding my breath. This whole wincon thing is one of the major problems I had with this tactic. It has holes, besides only being able to be used once.

2 possibilities: What if the fake-claim ablility also comes with the opposing wincon (not likely but possible)? And what if the two wincons correlate to each other? For example, and I won't word it like ours are actually worded for the sake of not giving anyone hints, but what if the two wincons are like...

Your team wins when all members of the mafia are permanently killed.
Your team wins when all members of the town are permanently killed.

Again, these are NOT the wincons, but do you see what I'm saying? It wouldn't be that hard to pressume and replicate the opposing teams' wincon, if Viral doesn't already have it...

So that's why I don't put faith in this system. Seems it was just a fake insurance policy Viral threw in there to convince us it was okay to reveal our roles. And coupled with what PokaLink just said, I'm now even more sure of Viral's anti-town allegiance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom