• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Four Swords Adventures FS and FSA Thoughts

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Well, a few years ago when I began my obsession with the Legend of Zelda, I set out for the day that I would beat every main title in the franchise. And that day has come with me finishing FS and FSA within the past two days. so YAY ME :)

Anyways, I wanted to give my thoughts on FS and FSA. FS was incredibly short and felt awkward in some parts, but I still found it enjoyable.

FSA on the other hand, is a game that I now believe to be very underrated. While its mechanics and gameplay make it feel awkward as a Zelda title, it was actually one of the more challenging Zelda titles in the whole series (puzzle wise not combat). I found myself stuck in many instances of the game. Some of the puzzles involving switching to the GBA and back were some of the most creative puzzles IMO out of all of the games. There were so many new/different elements in this game that we haven't seen before, yet they felt natural. Plus the soundtrack being a remake of sorts was good, and the narrative wasn't half bad either.

So that's what I think

Salem

SICK
I haven't played FS, but I played FSA with friends and other family members.

You're right, it's way overlooked, it'a actually one of my favorite Zelda games.:)

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Four Swords is alright, but I don't know about Four Swords Adventures since I don't own it (and never will since it's a multiplayer-only game).

Actually there's a 1P mode which is the mode I played. If you go into Hyrulean Adventure, before you begin you choose how many players you're using. and you don't need a GBA or connector just the GC controller. I strongly recommend buying it if you can

FSA is a great game. Sure, it's different to the usual zelda formula... but in it's own right it is very fun. I personally think it is very underrated.

FS, unfortunately, is nowhere near as good. It's a fun little time-killer, but nothing more than that for me.

Four Swords Adventure was definitely enjoyable.

I finally got Four Swords on the 3DS and felt a little let down after expecting another Four Swords Adventure type of game. Granted, FS was bundled on a GBA cartridge with another game originally, but I can't believe how short each stage was, and how there was basically 3 stages. I still have to do the Realm of Memories so I'm hoping that that add-on will strengthen Four Swords for me.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
FSA FKCNWOFNQPXNENFIA

I HART FSA SO MUCH IS VERY GGOD GAMEE.

But in all seriousness, I really enjoyed FSA. It was different from the other Zeldas, but not in a bad way.

Actually there's a 1P mode which is the mode I played. If you go into Hyrulean Adventure, before you begin you choose how many players you're using. and you don't need a GBA or connector just the GC controller. I strongly recommend buying it if you can

Really? That's good to know. I'll probably get it someday. :)

I think you have them both mixed up, FS for the GBA is multiplayer only.

I've always thought the FS games were multiplayer only at first. Now that I know FS for the GBA is the only one to be multiplayer only, I can get FSA. XD

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
I want another Zelda like Four Swords Adventure. Playing FSA and Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles (the original) with my friends are some of my favorite memories. I'd like to relive that. And I think my fiance would actually finally play a Zelda game if it was one we could adventure through together.

Salem

SICK
I want another Zelda like Four Swords Adventure. Playing FSA and Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles (the original) with my friends are some of my favorite memories. I'd like to relive that. And I think my fiance would actually finally play a Zelda game if it was one we could adventure through together.
The only thing I found annoying about those games is the requirement for several GBAs and link cables for multiplayer....

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
i personally found four swords pretty enjoyable [in multiplayer] considering i've played both the original and the anniversary one
i haven't played fsa since 3rd grade (am now a senior),i gave it to my friend b/c i didn't like how you couldn't save until the level was beat [only made it until the 2nd level or something],so i really would like to give it a 2nd chance soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom