• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Freakiest Zelda Moments?

Dracoburn

Lance's Protégé
The moment when I was casually sweeping Lightning Round and The Imprisoned decided to pop up almost made me cry. All of the other bosses paled in comparrisson to Evil Barney. Just the music made me want to throw up.

And the Silent Realms were pretty freaky, too. At least the last one where you're running for your life the entire time.

Now, when I go back and play OoT, Dead Hand doesn't creep me out so much as the dungeon itself. Especially on Master Quest where you actually have to do the entire mini dungeon rather than just draining the water and killing Dead Hand.

And of course, the shriek of a ReDead, particularly the ones in Twilight Princess. That sound would send chills up anyone's spine.

H

Huskersrule2007

BEN...lol no seriously though. When I was a kid the old man in the cave in the very first Zelda game scared the hell out of me.

I forgot: Silent Relms, which were filled with, "RUN LINK, RUNN!!" Followed by girly screams, the ReDeads in Wind Waker scared me to no end, and the Zora statue from Majoras Mask gave me nightmares.

My first encounter with a ReDead in OoT was probably the freakiest for me when I was younger since I hadn't a clue why I froze. It killed me purdy quickly considering my state of confusion.

Though to this day I still rush through the Shadow Temple as quickly as I can!

Blitzzeta scared the hell out of me when all of a sudden, this adorable marshmallow lady is turning into Satan...
I also got freaked out by the Happy Mask Salesman (who I always considered to be a woman o_O)
My little brother is so scared of the moon that he refuses to play MM anymore.
And as a kid, I couldn't get through the Great Deku Tree cause I am terrified of spiders...
Oh, and Tingle...he's just creepy in that weird way...:/

Dead Hands. HOLY S*** THEY FREAK ME OUT! I walking into a dead hand with eerie music wasn't scary enough to begin with it almost swallows me no matter what. Ive died countless times at the bottom of the well because of my bad reflexes in that game... =(

TheRationalDove

Red Hair Wonder
Blizzeta was definetly freaky. Wallmasters also scare me in the sudden surprise way. Also, Zant's appearance. He wasn't exactly scary so much as I hadn't even envisioned him with such an alien-esque face. Even when they revealed his mouth, I thought he would have a more human appearance. So that made me do a double take. the well was pretty creepy, too. mostly due to the music. I also find Like-like's creepy for some reason. I don't know why, but I hate facing them.

For me it would be a tie between facing Dead Hand at the Bottom of the Well in OoT and the fight with Majora in MM. They both felt so surreal and out of place for a Zelda game. While the battle with Dead Hand was grotesque and intimidating with his elongated neck and blood-stained skin, the fight with Majora was just down right disturbing with his soul-piercing screams, eerie music, and those frighteningly large eyes...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom