• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

First4Figures 1/4 Zant Statue Review

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
It's been a long time coming since he was first announced, but the First4Figures Zant 1/4 scale "Center Piece" statue has finally been released. I had mine delivered recently and thought I'd share some images and details. He's definitely my favourite Zelda piece in my collection now (even above the F4F OoT Link statue!)

I bought the exclusive version which comes with both the masked and unmasked head. The masked one has a removable tongue held in place by a magnet (which isn't visible at all) so you can show Zant's jaw like in game. The whole head comes off and the unmasked head is put in place instead, so it's not a working removable mask as such. (Ie - there isn't a full Zant head under the helmet, it's two different heads). The heads are held in place by a magnet again, and unmasked Zant's got a helmet detail that clips on the back that is otherwise removed with the helmeted head.

The outer cloak is fabric, and the streamers on his wrists are a stiff pleathery material which are somehwat poseable even if that's not the intent. Same goes for the center detail on his chest. The rest is polystone which is immaculately painted. The green piping on his sleeves and cloak glow in the dark, but not cheaply so. It's very nice looking in daylight, and you'd never know until you turn out the lights. There is some kind of eerie luminesence to them though even in daylight. They stand out in the shadows, but you don't realize they're glowing. They almost reflect light a bit. Cool stuff! Unfortunately I couldn't get a good picture of it in the dark, you'll just have to take my word for it. The base detail glows as well, and again, is nicely done.

If you plan on buying it, be sure you've got a place to put him. He's BIG and he's HEAVY! He's approximately 20 inches tall, and I wouldn't put him on a flimsy surface, or a cheap glass shelf. Even some well-made glass might have trouble supporting him if you don't know the weight in can carry. his is a serious collectible statue, not a toy!

I was a bit wary at first when I bought him. Actually, when I bought him, I was excited, then nervous when my credit card was charged, but then excited again when he came. He's worth it in my eyes, but I'm a huge statue collector. Casual fans won't want to pay the cash for him I'd think (he's over $300 USD!).

Anyway, check out some pics. I thought I'd share since he's something to behold. I'd love to get some comparison shots with the OoT Link I have, but he's boxed away for now as I recently moved. I guess he could be in scale as Zant does grow in the final boss battle, but it's really intended to be two separate series. The line is supposed to continue, but isn't going to be as in-depth as some would think (or like). The company's stated they won't be getting to 'human' Midna, but hints at the fact that Ganondorf, Zelda and Midna with Wolf Link are all in the works. I would hope standard TP Link is as well, but they haven't stated as such. Here's hoping!

(Hopefully I've attached these images properly, if not, feel free to edit please Moderators!)

zant01.jpg zant02.jpg zant03.jpg zant04.jpg zant05.jpg

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
I didn't know they made statues of Zelda characters. It's really amazing. Gotta find where I get these statues.

Deku man

Just another nobody......
I saw those online while looking for a Zelda game. Yeah, they make figures for Kingdom Hearts, Ratchet and Clank, and Mario.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
I remember looking at this back when you reviewed the F4F Link Statue.
I must say that it looks very, very nice. The detail is absolutely wonderful, but the price tag is definitely not. D:
The stand, back printing and the helmet are some of the most outstanding things about the statue, as most others are neglected on the back and the stands are normally plain.

Great review Basement!

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
Wow, these look amazing. Unfourtunetly, I am not of Legal age to work in Canada yet. We shall meet again pretty Zelda statues..

D

darthjader11

It's really amazing.. I want to work there someday! I've made 5 Link sculptures already!

i looked at these the other days and i looked at the other zelda figures and they all looked prety cool.
i thought it was neat how with zant he has the glow in the dark on him.
the other figures that they have are all pretty cool as well. (sonic and metriod ones)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom