• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

First zelda game you played

My first to actually play was the GBA port of A Link to the Past back when I was probably, uh, I want to say maybe seven years old? Prior to that, I would frequently watch my mother play the original on the NES (same story with Super Mario Bros., while my first Mario game to play was the GBA port of Super Mario Bros. 3). But yeah, shortly after starting A Link to the Past, I did go and play the original (I started a file on both the NES version and a GBA port, along with a GBA port of The Adventure of Link) but it was mostly me wandering aimlessly about because I didn't really know what I was doing. That being said, I didn't do much anything productive in A Link to the Past either. Initially, after East Palace, I sort of just goofed around in Kakariko for the longest time, until several years later when I picked the game back up again.

First Zelda game played was Minish Cap, I was 12 at the time. But the one that got me into the series (and the first I beat) was Twilight Princess. I was still 12.

The first Zelda game I ever played was Ocarina of Time, and I was around 10 at the time. However, I grew up watching my dad play through Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker, so I was familiar with the series long before I played a game. Despite this, the first game I finished was Twilight Princess, about 3 months ago, so I still consider myself rather new to it all.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
I've got them on the xbox live arcade. Nuts and bolts was a decent game but not really what I wanted for the third main entry. I hope Microsoft decide to do a true sequel one day.
Two words:
Yooka Laylee
Especially with these brand new additions, Playtonic has almost the exact same team they had in during Rare of the glory days, plus some brand new people, and new technology.

Microsoft's Rare will never be able to make an actual successor to Banjo Kazooie. They will get it undeniably wrong. They don't have the same team, they don't know what people like, they are too uninspired to create something that isn't a rehash. Our only hope lies in Playtonic. Playtonic is the Rare of old. Microsofts Rare is something completely different.

I have been a fan of the franchise since the original game came to North American shores in 1987. It's a tie between The Legend of Zelda and Zelda II: The Adventure of Link. Technically my first Legend of Zelda is Zelda II: The Adventure of Link.

ectoBiologist

Still Fandom Trash
I think I played the Gameboy Advanced remake of A Link To The Past first, if I remember correctly. I didn't get very far, because I was only like, 6, or something, but I definitely remember playing it pretty early on in my life.

Ganondorf

"Dandori Issue"
A Link to the Past. I was very young and still pretty new to video games (due to being sheltered), so I did not get very far. I had no idea of the goal of the game or really what to do. Every other game I had played before were Mario titles, so I didn't understand what to do in a top-down adventure game, because it wasn't as simple as "get to the end of the level". It wasn't until a couple of years later that I was able to play Ocarina of Time and I REALLY got into video games and begged my family for a Nintendo 64.

Mido

Version 1
It is a toss up between Ocarina of Time and A Link to the Past, since I had exposure to the N64 and SNES in the days of yore. Both games, I find enjoyable to this day, and I daresay that the influence of the latter on me is currently allowing me to relish in the adventure of ALBW at the moment!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom