• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

First or Third Person Shooters?

First ot Third Person?

• First

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Third

• Either

• Neither

• Total voters

Clank

Hmm
Either if fine, but I prefer how R&C does it, aka third person(and third person shooters can also have platforming which I love...)

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Neither. The only time I've enjoyed shooting games is when the platformed element took priority over the shooting element. But if I had to choose, I'd say third person.

Izagar

Working on a webcomic. :D
First person. The third person would be annoying. Like try to target in Zelda (which changes to third person) without locking on an enemy, then try and hit something. Annoying.

Third person
I hate first person.
Well maybe it's just because I'm inexperienced with them, but when I do play them, I run into everything.
I don't know, they make me feel crowded.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
I tend to have more fun playing third Person. I don't hate 1st Person, but I can only get into the ones that use unrealistic weapons and physics. Thus if I'm playing CoD or something similar, I can get bored quickly. Now games like Tribes Ascend or Halo 3 I can get really caught up in. However, it doesn't matter what kind of third Person shooter it is, I tend to always love playing them. Really got caught up in Army of Two despite it's realistic feel. Same can be said with Gears of War.

While I have no qualms with 1st Person, I tend to enjoy third Person more

Big Octo

=^)
Though I'm a fan of both genres, I'd have to give it to 1st person shooters. Half of this opinion stems from my love of classic FPS games (such as DOOM). The other half is how the games play. It's somewhat hard to explain, but I've always enjoyed the feeling of staring down the barrel of a gun, as if I'm actually holding it. Normally, I don't actually care too much for immersion in games, but this feeling has always been mystifying. I've always felt great enjoyment in shooting down baddies with a perspective that makes it feels like I'm actually firing a gun.

I do love me some 3rd person shooters, such as Metal Arms, but as it stands, I enjoy an FPS just *that* much more.

Dan

AN excellent question my dearly beloved Term!
It all depends on what game, most of the time I find first person a lot easier, and feel more in control. Third person I find tends to feel rather sluggish and awkward when it comes to shooters.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
It honestly depends on what I want to do. If it's a game aiming for a FUN time, I pick FPS. If I'm looking for story and trying to see how animations evolve/flow with actions, third. :)

Case in point:
FPS - Call of Duty
TPS - RE6

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom