• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

FirevsIce's GIMP Graphics

S

Sage

I'm assuming you wanted this as an avatar, so I lowered the quality a bit to use it, but if you just wanted it in general I have another version with better quality.
linkavatar1.jpg
Link: http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/1892/linkavatar1.jpg

Thanks! It's awesome. Again, thanks. That was quick! :clap:

David

But you called me here...
@Durion
I would suggest checking out this thread for some tutorial sites and some made by our own ZD forumers.

Yes! You recommended my thread! Oh and... GIMP tutorials has always given me troubles. I'll try to see that tut later. Thanks for the link though.

Some pretty good stuff you've got here. I've seen that Timeshift tutorial before, but never tried it myself.. Your results are really nice.

And if you don't mind my asking, how did you do the text in this signature?

Lord Death

Bichon Frise
No, it looks fine the way you did it. Thanks, you're quick!

Actually, I like the way you did it, but could you maybe use what you can of the original picture backround, still write "Greed," but try to make it a little lighter?

Firice da Vinci

Distinct lack of Leonardo
Some pretty good stuff you've got here. I've seen that Timeshift tutorial before, but never tried it myself.. Your results are really nice.

And if you don't mind my asking, how did you do the text in this signature?
First make the text layer and go to Layer> Duplicate layer. Then you select the original text layer and go to Filters> Blur> Gaussian Blur. Now your text should have a "glow" to it.

Firice da Vinci

Distinct lack of Leonardo
Decided to make some more signatures, so I searched "advanced gimp signature tutorial" and picked out my favorite three.

metaknightsig2.png

Made with this tutorial. I wanted to give Meta Knight a second chance it turned out a lot different than I expected, but I still love the sig.

dradonsig1.png

Made with this tutorial. The dragon was really a last minute thing. The black and white seemed different, but the result is awesome.

pokemonsig1.png

Made with this tutorial. I felt noobish for not having a pokemon signature made yet, so I went with Jirachi. The result turned out too bright with it though. I might do the tut again with a different render.

Last edited:

David

But you called me here...
Your graphics are coming along nicely. What I would do if I were you would be to lower the size that you use. Some of your signatures are just a little too big for effects you are trying to use. I am becoming a fan of around 380x120 for signatures. Not too big, but big enough for what needs to be put in it.

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
Looking pretty nice!! I should look into getting GIMP someday, but I have to ask my parents before downloading anything and I'm too lazy to do that...

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
Wow, FirevsIce, these are inanely good. I want to get into GIMP myself but I can't do it on any computer, so I'm all sad. Anyway, these are really cool and I also wanted to say thanks again for my awesome Sig. I love it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom