• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Final Dungeon: Kind of Disappointing

I can't be the only one that wasn't impressed with the final dungeon of this game. It was just a feeble rehash of the five sage dungeons with part of the unfinished Light Temple. Now the fight with Ganondorf and the escape from the collapsing tower was cool, but couldn't they have tried harder to make the final dungeon more interesting?

MW7

Yeah I agree too. I think that the final dungeon of a game should be the most difficult but I don't know anyone who would say Ocarina's final dungeon was the hardest in the game. Really all of the final dungeons in the Zelda series felt disappointing. I wouldn't count the Stone Tower Temple in MM because you don't face the final boss and you don't have to do that dungeon last anyway. The only 3 exceptions I can think of are the first 3 games in the series. Those dungeons were clearly meant to challenge you and were definitely among the hardest dungeons in the history of the series let alone their respective games. Ocarina's final dungeon felt like a parade reminding you briefly of the adult dungeons and the sages and then you fight bosses. Many of the challenges in the trials were not even as difficult as those faced in the actual dungeons. The only one that didn't annoy me was the forest trial because that actually had a wind theme so it was something novel.

Maikeru

Piper of Time
I liked it actually. It was a nice little rehash of testing your abilities to do things which you spent the game learning to do. I don't think it would be realistically possibly to make them too much larger, at least linearly, maybe off to the sides of rooms. But, if they had been too much longer, it would seem like it wouldn't fit inside the tower. I thought it was pretty good though, not the greatest ending dungeon ever, not the worst.

I agree, it could have definitely been more challenging. I was a bit disappointed when I first saw the layout of it. I was kind of hoping it would be it's own dungeon, not just a compressed version of all the dungeons.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Well, at the time it was released, all of the space on the N64 cartridge was used. They could literally do nothing more with the game. That being said, I do think they could've done more, and added more, if it was created in a time like now, where we have more space.

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
I do admit that it felt a little short. The rooms were still kind of cool, but they could've been longer. Also, I wish the Water room actually had water instead of ice. Although there was supposed to be an Ice Temple originally, so maybe those were some of the lost rooms, much like the Light Temple in the Temple of Time room. There was also supposed to be a Wind Temple, which is why the Forest Temple has all of those fans.

I think after destroying the barrier, they should've made some more obstacles while going up. Instead, you just fight enemies and go up stairs, fight some enemies again, and go up more stairs. It felt very short because of this. Although the tower collapsing was still cool, I will admit that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom