• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favourite Dungeon

Which WW dungeon is the best?

• Forsaken Fortress

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dragon Roost Cavern

• Forbidden Woods

• Tower of the Gods

• Earth Temple

• Wind Temple

• Total voters

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
Which dungeon in WW is the best?

I really liked the Earth Temple, especially its puzzles involving reflecting light with Medli. The Wind Temple's in a close second though for its boss fights.

Not a bad choice you Savage

Well, i say my favorite is the tower of the gods. It's just so.. EPIC. This huge pillar out of the water you see from so many tiles away.

Inside the dungeon, I like collecting the status, the rising and lowering water puzzles, and the boss Gohdan.

I also really enjoy the wind temple, just because of the bosses. THE WIZROBE!

bigflyingpotato

Watch out!
I chose Earth Temple. It seemed well designed to me, the puzzles with shining light were creative, the enemies were fun, the music was cool, and I just thought it was well thought out and clever.

Kybyrian

The Earth Temple or the Tower of the Gods. It's very hard to choose between the two. The Earth Temple was actually one of the more challenging dungeons in the series, and I loved every bit of it. I always loved the Mirror Shield, and they put incredible use to it in this game, and also Medli. The combination of using the Mirror Shield in the game and having Medli made the temple absolutely wonderful. It was challenging, but you also stood against that challenge while having fun going through it. The boss was also awesome. I loved the tactics used to defeat it, and loved having something to use that spin attack on.

The Tower of the Gods was absolutely great as well. It felt a little more challenging than some of the dungeons, but also very enjoyable. I loved the whole sunken tower rising from the ocean and then sailing into it, using bombs to get through and whatever else. I really enjoyed the enemies in it, but aside from those two things I really can't think of anything else that made me enjoy it so much. I suppose it's just one of those things that you can't explain what you like it for. The boss was great, though. I always loved the bow and this put a great use to it while fighting an awesome looking boss that was entertaining and somewhat challenging.

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
I chose the Wind Temple. I really hated the earth Temple because it vaguely reminded me of the Shadow Temple, which still gives me the chills to this day. Plus, the floormasters really frustrated me. They were very difficult to kill and sneak around in that purple mist. The Wind Temple was quite a challenge and I loved Makar. I liked the boss and boss music too. :)

I liked quite a few from this game, actually, but I would have to say my favorite dungeon in this game was the Earth Temple. I especially liked the room you got the Big Key in with the major mirror puzzle, but I liked working with Medli as well. One thing I liked about all the temples in this game (except Forsaken Fortress), is that once you obtain the item of the dungeon, there is a treasure chart somewhere earlier in the dungeon. You need to use that item to get it, and I believe they all the treasures were heart pieces.

I can't chose so I picked Forbidden forest.

I'll just explain why I like them or don't like them.

The dungeons and temples in The Legend of Zelda : Wind Waker were all extremely good in my opinion. They were all different, and very asmospheric, as far as dungeons go. They were all neat and fun.

The Forsaken Fortress had a strange feel to it. The first time going through it without your sword you're forced to hide from all living beasts. The way you had to disable the lights was pretty well thought out and I liked the idea. It was unlike any dungeon we've seen thus far because you had to hide. I liked it for this reason but it isn't my favorite. Still love it though just not my personal choice. 3/5

The Dragon Roost Cavern was a really good ''first'' dungeon. I know the forsaken fortress in technically the first, the caverns are the first of which you battle and collect small keys. It was really nice looking in my opinion and I liked the way lava shot out like geysers in some places. I always loved making the bokoblins fall off the bridge by breaking it. There were some neat rooms and I thought it was cool that you went outside sometimes. The grapple hook was a really fun item and I liked how you used it to fight the boss. All around nice dungeon, fun, cool item and neat boss. 4.5/5

The Forbidden Woods was the least memorable of the dungeons in my opinion, which is why I like it. Every time I go back to it I only remember a few parts so it's like a new dungeon. I do admit I liked the Tower of the Gods more than the forbidden woods but I still love the woods! The vine maze was cool, and the moth miniboss is always fun. One thing I highly disliked were those enemies the are like spiky eyeballs that latch onto you, I hate those! I liked the deku leaf and the way it was used in this dungeon and I also liked those flowers that shot you around. This was the first time you could make the boomerang target a lot of enemies and it was used in a lot of cool puzzles, it was also used in killing the boss. I liked this dungeon, even if I don't say it in real life. I really do like it. 4/5

The Tower of the Gods was probably my favorite, along with the forbidden woods, but not without good reason. When I get to the tower I feel like in order to complete it I have to overcome godly tasks. When I complete it I feel like I just did the impossible. I know it isn't the toughest dungeon in the game but it feels like it was made to be epic, and it really was in my opinion. I loved the rainbow bridge and stairs and the bell! The boss was my favorite in the game, aside from Ganondorf. He was so much fun to kill and I love the bow and arrows in 3D zelda games. It's so much fun to snipe enemies from afar with it. Great dungeon a lot of fun. 4.5/5

The Earth Temple was a great temple. However I did not like it because I find it extremely creepy. The hands that grab you always creep me out and the stalfos too. I know it's cartoony but it's still creepy. Don't forget about those redeads! However I do like the way the mirror shield was used. It hasn't ever been used this good before! It was the key to finishing the dungeon. Sure it was used in MM and OOT, but not to this level. You had to reflect light onto medli and her harp etc. Great dungeon I love it... Even though I find it the creepiest zelda dungeon so far! The boss was pretty fun to fight, but he was too easy. Still I liked fighting him! Pretty fun dungeon 4/5

The Wind Temple was probably the toughest dungeon in the game, and reminded me a lot of the water temple from OOT. Which is not a bad thing really. I thought this temple was O.K It was not my favorite but it was not bad. It had an extremely clever design and it was neat how you could float up with the deku leaf, and makar was fun to control! I thought it was neat how Makar could get caught and locked up, it made me feel bad and I really felt like I had to save him! Oh! don't forget the epic boss battle and the music! Overall good dungeon but not as good as the others. 4/5

Remember that this is just my opinion, don't let it bring you down!! :clap:

Last edited:

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
The Wind Waker had many memorable dungeons. Though they were all too easy, they were creative and well-designed. Here's my order:
1. Wind Temple
2. Dragon Roost Cavern
3. Forbidden Forest
4. Earth Temple
5. Tower of the Gods
6. Forsaken Fortress (Parts 1 + 2)

Earth Temple

It was the first dungeon I actually had fun getting through in the game. And the interactions with Medli were fun. The only thing I didn't like was the boss, it was too simple and easy

B

Blizzard78

I like the wind temple the best. Mostly since it's somewhat of a challenge and not really linear once you get the hookshot. The tower of the gods comes behind. I like how its all ancient and stuff. :)

blue-eyes

Phoenix
Earth temple is my favorite. i can't wait till i get 2 it again becase i dont realy remember much about it but tower of gods has my favorite boss battle because when u run out of arrows he sneezes more out

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom