• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Traps in Zelda

Like the title of the thread describes, what is your favorite Trap(s) seen throughout the Zelda Universe? Mine would have to be the Spiked Roller! It is similar to the Blade Trap, but it has many distinctive characteristics that distinguish the two from each other. While first appearing in A Link to the Past, this enemy/trap hasn't changed that much in the Zelda series. Making its first 3D appearance, Ocarina of Time gave us the thorny log appearance that is sadly only seen once in OoT, being Inside the Deku Tree. The last appearance of the Spiked Roller was Spirit Tracks and hopefully will return in Zelda Wii U as a stunning Trap. I mean, who wouldn't want a Spiked Roller to hit you in the face?

Here is a list of most/all of the Traps seen in Zelda. If I miss a Trap, comment what Trap I missed, and I shall edit the list. If you are curious about a certain Trap or what it is, just ask in your comments, and I will give a brief explanation about the Trap as I am a Traps Fanatic.

Anti-Fairy
Ball
Beamos
Blade Trap
Boulder
Bumper
Chaser
Door Mimic
Fireball Cannon
Fire Eye
Flame Fountain
Flame Trap
Floor Spikes/Spiked Floors
Flying Jar/Pot
Flying Tile
Giant Blade Trap
Giant Spark
Guruguru Bar
Laser Eye
Mau
Medusa
Mega Thwomp
Mole
Podoboo
Podoboo Tower
Ra
Rabbit Beam
Sea Trap
Spark
Spiked Roller
Spiked Thwomp
Stone Elevator
Stone Statue
Thwimp
Torch Trap
Treasure Chest
Waking Water
Wall Turret
Winder

Last edited:

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Best Trap Ever

The best trap ever in my opinion is the boat from the Shadow Temple in OoT. You've just gone through my childhood nightmares when you get to a boat. Then it starts moving and I'm attacked by Stalfos. You're nearly kill, but you manage to beat them. As you turn to get off, the boat falls off into oblivion. You don't see it coming and all your progress is lost. This might seem incredibly harsh, but I love to be challenged by nintendo.

If you're counting flying pots and tiles then definitely those, especially if you aren't paying attention and it hits you in the back of the head, i loved that in OoT they were such derp moments, pretty unexpected when you see it for the first time too.

My second fave is in TP, those worm things that hide under tiles and as soon as you stand on it it throws you off, i love those things =]

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Just love me the good old fake doors. When I was angry at link (which is stupid because I played him of course) I always made him hit a fake door so he would get punished. I love those things. I also loved it in SS when you're at the Fire Temple and just before you reach the endboss some large boulders are following you and you have to run for your life.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
If you're counting flying pots and tiles then definitely those, especially if you aren't paying attention and it hits you in the back of the head, i loved that in OoT they were such derp moments, pretty unexpected when you see it for the first time too.

My second fave is in TP, those worm things that hide under tiles and as soon as you stand on it it throws you off, i love those things =]

All pains but great.

Igos du Ikana

Maldorok
Hmmm, I can't have a favorite thing if it hurts me XD. Errrr, probably the floor blade because it makes me mad.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Sorry, but Mega Thowmps win the battle for me. Being crushed by the things made me mad, but seeing a Mario character in a Zelda game? Priceless. They need to make a swift return, eh?

LANZZ

Scarecrow
Ahhh, I hate all traps in Zelda games... Anyway, I think Anti-Fairy is useful because you can turn it into Fairy that can replenish your hearts...

Great Traps everyone. :) My second favorite Trap in the whole world would have to be the Rabbit Beam. Seen first in Skull Woods, this Trap will try to come into contact with Link. Once Link has come in contact with the Rabbit Beam, it temporarily disable the effects of the Moon Pearl, turning Link into a Pink Bunny which is based on what his true heart reflects. While only lasting about 5 seconds, Link cannot use any of his items, and he is vunerable to the dangerous enemies in the Dungeon. Despite seeming invincible, Link can defeat a Rabbit Beam with any of the three Magic Medallions. The Rabbit Beam also appears in the Ice Palace, Misery Mire, Turtle Rock, and Ganon's Tower.
Rabbit-Beam-1.png

I should become a scholar in Trapolagy. :cool:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom