• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Style of Game

What's your favorite style of game?

• Adventure

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • RPG

• FPS

• Other

• Total voters

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
What's your favorite style of game? Examples for each being:
Adventure: Zelda
RPG: Pokemon
FPS: Call of Duty

There's more than that (dur :P ) but those are some examples for people that don't know.....

I prefer RPG because I like the turns fighting style.

To be honest, I've been more of a Turn-Based-Strategy kind of guy. I like the feeling of building up a group of four guys in medieval land, or an entire army, and then just slamming the enemy with all I've built up. It's such a satisfying feeling to destroy your enemy so quickly after a slow build-up.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
Typically action/adventure for me, though I do enjoy RPG's a lot. I'm not big on FPS games except for a select few.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I'm all around, I enjoy a good shooter and some adventure games like Halo, Gears of War, Mario, and The Legend of Zelda. I rarely do fighters and racing though, with the exception of Street Fighter, Smash Bros, Marvel vs Capcom, and Mario Kart. I also enjoy my survival horrors and stealth games like Resident Evil and Splinter Cell. So yeah, I can't really choose.

yann

TheBitterDubstepMan
Personally, I prefer strategy games such as Total War, Civilization and Command & Conquer.

When it comes to a game, I prefer to have to use logic and reasoning rather than pure common sense. For example, In a game of Call of Duty, I much rather prefer it if I'm playing from a third person view telling the protagonist what to do and then improvising around what the character's actions incur, rather than playing in a first person view killing people when and where I see them.

Don't get me wrong, I love COD.

Veely

Unwanted ZD Member
I am more of Stealth and stuff like splinter cell (and Sam has a very manly voice :P!) but I love my adventures more... I Love games that are like Shadow of Colossus, Legend of Zelda, Dragon Quest, and Mario. The Adventure gets me hooked!

Last edited:
My favorite genre ever is strategy-based RPG. I like strategy and ganging up on my enemies. Plus, you can play the same game over & over again and it's never quite the same, depending on the experience level of your characters.

Zarom

The King
My two favorite genres are adventure and platform. I love adventure games because they give that sense of... adventure. I really like the feel of them. Games like Zelda are the perfect example of that. And I just love platform games too. Platform games were definitely my favorite during the SNES era. Most of them were awesome, I have very fond memories of some of those times. I'm not a big fan of FPS in general, but once in a while I really enjoy playing some.

...but I don't like RPGs, there isn't as much action in them, and they are way too much story-driven for my tastes. Also, too much cutscenes. I guess I prefer playing games than watching them... yeah, that's probably why I don't watch many movies.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
And some of the wittiest dark humor of any video game character, lol. Ubisoft did right by picking Michael Ironside to voice Fisher.

Just what I was about to say. Sam Fisher is seriously a great character. No stealth game is better then Splinter Cell.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
My favorite series is Star Fox. I think that falls into Adventure but I'm not sure. My second is Zelda and GTA. GTA would fall under FPS. As for the rest, I'm not sure.

I usually lean towards games being more of an experience that just a little fun time, so I find my favorite genre being RPGs. They're usually insanely long, which really helps me appreciate the 50-65$ I pour into it, and length always makes a game better because there's just more to do. It also helps with the experience in the way that you begin to appreciate the characters and battle style more as time goes on, giving you a chance to connect with them and delve deeper in the intricacies of whatever battle system may be present, along with the quirks that it brings. Speaking of battle style, that's another thing I really love about most RPGs. So many of them have seemingly simple ones, but once you spend enough time with them and get to know how the work better, then you get to see just how strategic so many of them are and how difficult it is to perfect it. Prime examples are Pokemon and FFCC: Crystal Bearers. With characters, it's a bit harder to say. It seems so many of them are cliche these days, but it doesn't change the fact that I've really enjoyed them in a few games. Good example of games where I really connected and appreciated the characters are FFX and World Ends with You.

Also, expanding on the strategic nature of so many of them. Other genres seem to specialize in actual skill. Like a platformer on your reflexives and how quick you are, or a FPS were it's how well you know your weapons and controls and how to utilize them best. With RPGs, it's usually just your mind. You don't have to press the A button at just the right time so you won't fall down a hole, and you don't have to know the specifics of your weapons during battle right down to the reload feature and if you actually have time to do so. It's more like thinking ahead, guessing your opponent's move, and attempting to pre-empt or counter it. I guess I just really like how RPGs have the ability to get deeper and deeper, while other genres establish their position and just increase difficulty.

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
Adventure games are my favourite, especially Zelda and Metroid. I really enjoy action, exploration, and puzzle-solving. Platformers are also high on my list, especially the Mario series, for nostalgia. I occassionally play games of other genres too, usually FPSes (Goldeneye and CoD come to mind). You won't find me playing RPGs though; I don't have the patience for them.

B

BlackDragon88

I love adventure more.. I guess it's because I want a thrill of adventure!
One of my favorite Adventures besides Zelda is Spyro... I used to love it as a kid! Still do now

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom