• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Generation

Favorite Pokemon Generation?

• Generation I (Red/Blue/Yellow)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Generation II (Gold/Silver/Crystal)

• Generation III (Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald)

• Generation IV (Diamond/Pearl/Platinum)

• Generation V (Black/White/Black2/White2)

• Generation VI (X/Y)

• Total voters

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Mine would have to be Generation III, simply because Sapphire was my first Pokemon game (I had played Leaf Green, but with a friend... It's part of Gen 3 anyway), so any time I play it (or Emerald, which is my favourite game), I get a HUGE nostalgia burst!

C

Cipher

Definitely Gen 3; my first Pokemon game (XD) came from that generation. It also has Pokemon with some of the (imo) better designs. (Blaziken, Deoxys, Ludicolo, Metagross...) I liked the Battle Fronteir in the portable games which gave a great incentive to continue playing past the Elite 4/completing pokedex.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Not into the series today but i have played at least one game out of the first 4 generations....

I can safely say that the 3rd generation for me is the best. I loved the pokemon inthis generation and I think they were the best to date especially the legendries. I still remember me and my friend racing to see who could be the best, he was on Ruby and I was Sapphire, there were countless hours of fun spent on this one game alone and it was great for when going on a road trip or sneaking on it on a school night. I woukd consider Sapphire to be in my top ten games of all time!

A

Aynde

Not gonna lie, I voted for the S/G because I loved the starters in this gen. But there were other Pokemon that influenced my decision as well. Ampharos for one. They introduced Espeon and Umbreon, the two cattiest of the Eevee evs and so cute. Entei / Raikou / Suicune are probably my favorite non-essential / roaming legendaries. So yes. Overwhelming decision is second gen.

B

Brock

I would have to say gen 1. It is just a good game. I like the story line to it and I also like the Pokemon.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I like Generation III's story and map better but I voted for Generation IV because I think it has the best Pokemon.

My favorite is definitely Gen III. Sapphire was my first game, some of my absolute favorite Pokémon are from Gen III, and the music from R/S/E is simply amazing.

NOTE: Absol isn't my favorite Gen III Pokémon. Salamence is.

F

Furret

For me, Generation II.It brought furret into the world of pokemon. 'nuff said.

Dark Lord Ganon

Evil Being of Darkness
I voted gen 2, but gen 4 is really my favorite because of the remake games. But its pretty clear that gen 4 is actually meaning the main games, so I am voting gen 2.

Skittles

Rainbows!
I really love Gen II (especially the remakes) because of the little Pokemon following you around everywhere. It made me care about them, though, and meant that I ended up spending a lot of money and time to make sure they were happy and not hurting or anything. Increased character caring potential way up in those games and I'd love to see that feature in other game in the series. Plus, the touch interface is probably the best in all the games period. So simple and convenient to use and don't have to hold anything down to run. Tapping the bike to go places...etc. Just wonderful... Then the story. That was brilliant too.

Then the storyline, the introduction of two new types (steel and dark), and many of the Pokemon in generation two are my favorites as well. Like the Togepi line. So adorable. Yeah, I'm a gen II gal all the way...xD

My favorite Generation would have to be Generation III. I loved the map, music, and story of the Ruby/Sapphire, ^^

First Generation, particularly Pokemon Yellow since that game was so true to season one of the TV series. Plus, if those games were so successful, Pokemon wouldn't have been the juggernaut that it is today.

Every other generations are fun in their own rights, but it's generally the same game improved upon both graphically and gameplay wise. The core concept is the same though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom