• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Costumes

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
Do you have any favorite costumes? And by costume, I mean fancy or simple - just that you like how the designers decided to outfit the character. You don't need pictures to post, but you're welcome to if you'd like to do so - I'll post several.

For starters, I like the Deku Princess' costume. I wouldn't have expected a deku in a dress to look so cute, but it fits her character, and I also like how the hat design is based on a deku flower.

DekuPrincess.jpg

I also appreciate a good, simple costume though - one that you may not notice as much as the frilly ones, but it still conveys the character's personality. So in that vein:

The-Legend-Of-Zelda-The-Wind-Waker.jpg

I love Wind Waker Link's pajamas. Truthfully, I just thought it was a cute shirt at first. But obviously it works well enough for him to be wandering around the island in them; before I knew they were PJs I automatically thought of him as a laid-back, happy-go-lucky seafarer. In any case, I am glad I get to play through the game the second time wearing them. :D

However, back to the frills...I love Anju's wedding dress. I just wish I could find a better picture of it!

weddingdress.png

The close-up doesn't show much of the dress, but I still appreciate the neckline, and the hairstyle also deserves a shout-out.

closeup.png

Back on the men's side, but more elaborate than Link's PJs, is Shad's outfit. I feel like it should look "nerdier" than it does to me, what with the trousers that end at the knee and argyle knee-high socks. But I really like the jacket. Anyway, to me it actively captures that he's an academic but won't shy away from getting dirty in the name of research (such as him traveling to the various owl statues or the sacred grove.) Plus, dagger in a book. Interesting touch.

Shad.png

Any others?

SkullKid.png

Skull Kid, this guy is, IMO, the best character in TP. He has silver skin with (noncemetrical) light grey markings all over his body. He sports a nice large witches hat that has an odd end like Dark Link's hat. The hat also has green and red leaves creating a circle around it. He wears a tunic that seems to be made of wood, but is flexable. He has a dark wood necklace that is carved to fit his style with leves also hanging from it. He also has something unusual, two marine blue earings on both of his ears. His boots are not that special, but good as simple as they are. He has a huge leaf on his back taking the form of a cape. The leaf must have been cut ever so carefully to get the curls and holes to how he wanted it. He carries a lamp, and a horn which, although looking simple to us, must be very dificult to create if you try it in real life. From this we know that they are artistic, can tie their shoes, have sensitive ears, know how to take pain (ear peircings), know how to contain and use flaims to their advantage, and know how to protect things. They are a intelegent and wonderfulrace and I do not understand how people hate them. > .>'

D

DungeonDelver1

Prince-Ralis-nintendo-8979906-1240-1654-1.jpg

I happen to really like Prince Ralis' outfit from Twilight Princess. His whole silk and hat and shine and everything. He actaully really looks like a girl in this picture, but I just really like how he looks, all zoras look really angel-like and majestic. Idk , I just happen to like it. (:

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
Can we have Link as the person who has my favorite costume? :< Particularly ALttP Link is the one I was going for. (I can't find a picture or sprite that shows exactly what I'm talking about, but for those who've played and beaten ALttP, you know what costume I'm talking about.)

I liked his costume that he wore right before going battling Ganon: red tunic, purple hat, golden shield and sword, reddish-brown shoes, and pink hair. :) I know that that must be a strange costume to look at since none of the colors match whatsoever and it makes Link stick out like a sore thumb, but it happens to be my favourite(ACK! Been on devART so long that I spell 'favorite' like that! :xd: ) costume in the Zelda series. :)

Valexi

Hylian Thief
Personally, I always liked Zants costume and the mask he wore.

zant.png

In fact, the figurine company First 4 made a Zant figurine recently.....

vertical03.jpg

I would very much like to have it, but alas I have no money for such things.....

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
I happen to really like Prince Ralis' outfit from Twilight Princess. His whole silk and hat and shine and everything. He actaully really looks like a girl in this picture, but I just really like how he looks, all zoras look really angel-like and majestic. Idk , I just happen to like it. (:

I know what you mean - I actually really like Queen Rutela's outfit myself, but I caught myself veering toward all the frilly or formal outfits. Still, the layers and coloring are gorgeous.

427px-Queen_Rutela.png

Can we have Link as the person who has my favorite costume? :< Particularly ALttP Link is the one I was going for. (I can't find a picture or sprite that shows exactly what I'm talking about, but for those who've played and beaten ALttP, you know what costume I'm talking about.)

Main characters allowed! :) I could only get a picture by screencapping a youtube video, but I tried to find one for you.

alttp4.jpg

For some reason, I’ve always liked Ganondorf’s Robes as seen in the Wind Waker. I like the designs on it—they resemble certain things. The claws on either side on the front seem to resemble the talons from the Helmaroc King. Also the “crazy face” on the back looks very similar to the design they gave Ganon during the introduction. Also, a modified version of the Gerudo Symbol is also on the front.
I've always liked stuff that have some story behind why their appearance is the way it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom