• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds Favorite Combat Items

Other than your sword (obvs), what secondary weapon do you utilize the most?

I'm torn between the upgraded rods. I'm in hero mode, and last time I never upgraded the fire rod, just the ice. I use the ice rod in all my boss fights, throwing in overhead ice attacks anytime my sword couldn't do any damage or I couldn't get close enough. However, this time around I upgraded the fire rod first and I'm really liking it. I'm at Hyrule Castle (after you get the Mast Sword), and I found a sweet spot outside the dungeon door (the outdoor, second floor door guarded by the red guards). Using the fire rod, I'm netting 40 rupees every fifteen seconds (including load times) by running out, burning them up, and running back in the dungeon. New favorite? Idk. :rupees:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Nice Fire Rod, Nice Ice Rod, Nice Tornado Rod...

Those are my go-to items. Why? Because, I use Tornado Rod to stun people, Ice Rod to freeze/AoE, and Fire Rod for AoE/DoT. What is that? Oh yes, status effects and RPG-like combat. Thank you, Nintendo - and thank you, God, for making this possible.

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
Tornado Rod for the times you get surrounded, and ice rod if you got some room, or bow if you just gota shoot something.

The aoe stun is just too good to pass up.

Salem

SICK
Th Nice Bow. just shooting multiple enemies with the arrows is fun. The Nice Boomerang is also great, throwing multiple boomerangs around and stunning enemies. :)

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Nice Boomerang on the X button, Nice Bow on the Y button. Those are the first I upgraded and my default equipped weapons for when casually traversing the lands.

Nayru Jikan

Oracle
I have mostly used the hookshot, actually. It's just like the boomerang: long distance, stuns, grabs items... The main difference is that it's can drag you towards stuff.

I usually just stick whatever item I most likely need for the current dungeon in the other button.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I typically have the upgraded Bow and Fire Rod on me when in battle. I use the Bow to either quickly get rid of an enemy at distance or kill multiple surrounding me. However, the Fire Rod is most efficient against tougher opponents. So in Lorule I typically use that.

Got to say the combat in this game is the best in the series, in my opinion of course.

Last edited:

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
I upgraded both Rods immediately after I got them, and they've been a staple of my combat. So much so that I think I've cheated myself out of some otherwise really challenging bosses. The turtle boss went down after only a minute or so, I guess he was supposed to be harder without the majestic Nice Ice Rod.

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
Well Pointing out the ice rod is also a bit more valuable in utility, because of stun compared to the other 2 rods, because it has the lowest stamina cost, and because can hit from above (aka kill birds, hit switches above and below where Link is as the projectiles fall), as well as spamable.

Nice Tornado Rod is the best rod in terms of clearing waves of enemies, because it simply damages and stuns everything in a large area around Link, it also kills most air borne enemies, except annoyingly enough the buzzards in the desert (though the ice rod still works on them).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom