• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Christmas Present

Seeing how it's almost Christmas, I think I'm going to start a few Christmas threads. Today, I'm asking you what your favorite Christmas present was, a present that made you just freak out like that kid who got an N64 and went absolutely ape-crazy. As for me, my favorite present was my Gamecube that I got for Christmas when I was 7. I just remember that I also received Super Smash Bros. Melee and Sonic Adventure 2 and had an absolute blast that day.

Mine has to be my Wii which I got back in '06. I was highly anticipating it and it was an awesome moment when I opened it and played it later. (I also got Twilight Princess from my grandma to go with it; pretty sweet.)

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Either my GameCube, my Wii, or my Laptop. I didn't receive them all at once of course, but those are definitely my top three. Regardless of which is my favorite and which is my least favorite, I appreciate them all equally and am thankful to those who gave me them.

Garo

Boy Wonder
By an amusing coincidence, the best Christmas present I've ever received was a Rubik's Cube when I was 8 years old. I loved puzzles, so my parents thought it'd be a good gift. I spent the rest of the day ignoring everything else and doing my best to solve the damn thing, of course to no avail. Over the next 6 years I would pick it back up every now and then and try and try to solve it, again to no avail. Until one day I decided to sit down and finally learn how to solve it. The amount of rapturous excitement I felt when I finally did manage to solve it after 6 years was tremendous, and has endeared the little device in my mind ever since. Though I've since bought other cubes and lubricated them with silicon and petroleum jelly and what not to make them move faster so I can solve faster (a little under 30 seconds is my record, trying to work that down), I've still got the original one, unmodified.

I love that little thing.

Last edited:

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
Mine was the iPhone 4S I received as a combined Christmas and Birthday present. Due to the fact that my birthday is on the 23rd of December I usually receive a combined present from my parents and this was the best. I use it every day, the only time it isn't within a meter of me is when I lock it in the safe at work. I use it for hours each day, I access DGN wherever I desire and do so multiple times a day.

Also I'll just leave this here:
[video=youtube_share;pFlcqWQVVuU]http://youtu.be/pFlcqWQVVuU[/video]

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
Hmm...last year, I got some variety of Mario stuff, a beautiful watch, and some candy with stuff. They're we're pretty awesome Christmas gifts^^

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I got OoT for Christmas when I was 6 or 7, and that's when my fanboy/fangirl started.
But seriously, That was the greatest gift I ever got because OoT is awesome.

izi

Not A Wizard
Two years ago, my dad got me two action figures (of Link and Zelda) from 1986 in their original packaging, in mint condition. They're...
Beautiful.

Jedizora

:right:
My Xbox was pretty nice. It's hard to just pick one gift. I might think of one later, though.

octorok74

TETTAC
When I was I believe and I want to say 6 or 7 my parents begrudgingly bought an Atomic Purple Gameboy Colour for me. I was so happy. The got me a Mario game for it too. But the best game I got for it came later in the day when my Aunt/ Godmother got me LoZ:OoA. I refused to even have dessert. I was so happy to have the game and a Gameboy.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Either me iPod touch 4th gen, or my 3DS. Both were excellent gifts. Though, they weren't surprises, I told them my parents I wanted these and they got it them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom