• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite/Best Controller

Best/ Favorite Controller

• Classic Nintendo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nitendo 64

• Gamecube

• Wii Mote and/or Nunchuck

• PS1

• PS2 and/or PS3

• X-box and/or 360

• A handheld

• A controller I didn't say

• Combination

• Total voters

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
What do you think was the best controller, or, for those who can't decide, what was your favorite controller? Mine was the nintendo 64 controller. It was great to wield and introduced the Z button in the back of the controller. I definitely feel it revolutionize hardware as far as controllers go.

Last edited:

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
The Gamecube controller because I see it as a huge step up from the Nintendo 64 controller. When I played Ocarina of Time on the N64 I kept on pressing B instead of C-right when playing the ocarina. Whenever you have the option of using the Gamecube controller in a Wii game I use it to save batteries.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
Combo of three.

Classic Nintendo: I love the Dogbone Controller for the NES made plating more comfy.
N64: Loved the Atomic style Controller.
Gamecube: Just because of the shape and design.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I think that the Gamecube controller was the best. It felt a bit more refined than than the N64 controller, and improved on the PS2 controller by putting the analog stick where the D-pad used to be. I liked the way it felt in my hands.

The runner ups would be the PS2 controller, and the SNES controller. The SNES has my second favorite controller. Incidentally, for those who praise the PS2 controller... let's compare, shall we?

Nintendo%20SNES%20controller.jpg

230153268.jpg

Sony basically copied the SNES controller design, and added two analog sticks, two extra shoulder buttons, along with handles. Hardly innovative.

So while I like the Playstation controller... the reason I like it is because it feels a lot like the SNES controller, and is thus familiar.

I mean, just look at it. D-Pad on the left. Four main buttons buttons arranged in the shape of a plus sign on the right. R and L shoulder buttons (though the PS2 controller has two stacked on top of each other). The select and start buttons in the middle of the controller, from left to right.

Now tell me Sony didn't copy and slightly modify the SNES controller.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
The Wii Mote/Nunchuk combo. It just feels so natural and fluent to me. Runner up is definately the GC controller.

And man, I can't believe people actually like the N64 controller more than others. That thing is just very awkward to use, and they wear out pretty fast.

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
The gameboy advance had the most-comfortable-controller/most-ergonomic-contours of any game system ever.
Just look at it:
gameboy_advance_lila.jpg

There weren't all that many buttons, (which is good I'm glad the wii is moving to a simpler set up) which made gameplay very easy. The LR were often used for simple tasks like viewing maps or putting a game to sleep. The buttons all worked and the classic D+pad combined with the A+B combo was brilliant as always. Not confusing, and even if a game didn't explain the controls it was still easy to explore your options.

A downgrade was the Gameboy Advance SP controller:
gameboy_advance_sp.jpg

The whole controller shrunk! Why not take advantage of having the screen right between your hands! I think having the screen between your hands rather than above it like the older gameboys really sunk you into the game. My screen would also flop around if I was playing violently (happens pretty frequently :xd:). The L & R buttons also got smaller which made some tricky combo type stuff harder to pull off.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
My favorite controllers of all time are as follows; (No particular ordering)

1- The Wiimote and Nunchuck Combo

IT just feels so comfortable, and the ability to carry it around and wave it as you please is a plus.

2- The Gameboy Advance

I'm agreeing with TheGreen on this one. Holding the screen in your hands, combined with the ergonomic, sleek design made it a great console/control mechanism.

S

ScaryMunky

I would definitely have to say the Gamecube controller. That thing fits like a glove.

Oh, and I absolutely loved the set up of the Gameboy Advance. I was so disappointed when the SP came out. The lit screen was really nice, but I hated how they changed the design. It felt very awkward and cramped compared to the GBA. If they had kept the GBA exactly as it was and simply added a light to the screen, it would have been perfect.

Phlegm

Bake me a pie!
The PS3 controller is certainly my favourite. The controller fits PERFECTLY in your hands, and the analog sticks are the smoothest ever!

The Wiimote and Nunchuck would come second.

The 360 controller is HUGE!!! It barely fits my hand and is a real pain to press buttons and stuff, but that's just me.

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
Why do I not see an option for the SNES controller in the poll? That makes me sad... :(

Anyway, my favorite controller would be the one for the SNES. The main reason why is because of the nostalgia that comes with me seeing one of those controllers. I remember when I was a kid playing the SNES all the time and thought it was (still do actually) the best console ever. I also like the look of the controller and how the buttons are layed out. Every button is within reach and you don't have to move your hand around in order to get to a button that's not near where your fingers are.

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
My favourites are the Gamecube controller and the Wii Remote/Nunchuk. The Gamecube controller is a large improvement over the N64 controller in my opinion (no more C buttons or broken control sticks!) and the Wii Remote/Nunchuk is great because of its simplicity and natural feel. Second to these two is the N64 controller.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
The Wavebird. First wireless controller, and ever since, everybody started to copy and failed until the XBOX 360 came out. I Also like the Nintendo Wii's control. So it's a tie between Wavebird, 360 control, and the Wiimote/Nunchuck.

Jedizora

:right:
The gamecube. it is just so easy to use because the buttons are farily close together and its easy to remember what button is what.

i may be a little biased, but i think the gamecube controller is the best. it doesn't have too many or too few buttons. that and it just feel comfortable, i could play with it for hours. IMO the N64 controlle was awkwardly shaped and the NES controller kind hurt your thumbs...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom