• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Favorite Arrows

onebizarrekai

gay energy
What is your favorite type of arrow in the Zelda series? It may be because it's the most useful, the most fun to use, or just the most awesome. This includes regular arrows ;3

I honestly say that my favorite kind of arrow is BOMB arrows. I mean, how can you not like these awesome things? You shoot them, they blow up, and then they destroy everything. Why do you think I made Saria obsessed with them in Bizarre Saga?

Since I expect to see this answer from a lot of people, I'll put my second favorite arrow too, which is ICE arrows in Wind Waker. I like them most in that game, one, because they're completely useless in Ocarina of Time, which is especially awful since you can't get them until the end of the game when you definitely don't need them, and then they became a little more useful in Majora's Mask, allowing you to freeze Octoroks and jump across platform, but you never use them again after that. In Wind Waker though, they're just awesome.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Light > Ice > Fire = Bomb > Regular = Silver

^ IMO.

Light arrows are the epitome of badass. They oneshot kill practically everything they make contact with. And they're awarded late in the game, which is good for my own purposes and better for the crazed folks calling Light Arrows "overpowered" ;p

Big Octo

=^)
I really liked the elemental arrows, with fire a little over ice. They were interesting concepts with many theoretical functions. Though, with Majora's Mask being an exception, they seemed to have fairly limited use. This is especially prevalent with the Ice Arrows from Ocarina of Time, due to the fact that they're found so late in the game and are optional. They really didn't have much going for them other than 100% completion of the game. As noted previously, they had much more use in MM, and I was happy to see that. In The Wind Waker , they had a bit more use than they did in OoT, but not as much as MM, which was something, but not the greatest thing.

My Avy. Though useless in most games, the next game they will be useful when Link freezes the Lake to play Hockey.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Hmm. When I'm playing Ocarina of Time, I enjoy the Fire Arrows but *wish* I also had Bomb Arrows. When I'm playing Twilight Princess, I enjoy the Bomb Arrows, but *wish* I also had Fire Arrows.

You could say that I like the "incindiary devices" in general. It's kind of a tie between the two. I think Fire Arrows are more practical - they are used to light torches and burn tapestries as well as destroy fire-weak enemies, but the Bomb Arrows clear away debris and go BOOOM! Bomb Arrows are a little more dangerous to use... accidentally do a shot at close range and you hurt yourself with them and I've never seen a Fire Arrow (that was shot by Link) burn Link.

I think if I were to be given "what I would use in real life" on a camping trip or a long journey, I'd choose Fire Arrows for the practicality, but I'd be left wishing I had the Bomb Arrows for the Fourth of July.

If I were outrunning zombies... Bomb Arrows.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I love bomb arrows. Being able to blow stuff up from afar is just simply awesome! It would have been cooler if we were able to combine the bomb arrows with the Hawkeye, but that unfortunately is not the case.

A close second is Light Arrows, particularly the ones in The Wind Waker. I just love being able to vaporise any enemy I want with them! They were just great, albeit maybe a little bit cheap.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Bomb > Normal > Fire > Silver = Light > Ice

Light and Silver arrows are OP. Fire arrows are pretty pointless and ice arrows are completely pointless.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
The light arrows from WW are my favourite. They implode pretty much every enemy in one hit including darknuts and moblins.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
I prefer regular arrows. Especially when combined with the Hawkeye. It's really fun hearing that satisfying sound when your arrow slices and rips through that sorry little Bulbin on the other side of Eldin Bridge. "Eat it, you filthy beast!"

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I always loved to use the use the ice arrows in WW to freeze an enemy, and just to ruin their day, use a fire arrow afterwards. :devil:

However, I gotta say that the light arrows in WW are my favorite, because they are literally the most unstoppable weapon in the game. Thinking about it, I now realize that I never took the opportunity to use them outside the final dungeon. *If it is even possible,though I assume it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom