• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite 3D mario game?

Super Mario World 3D, the 3DS game. Only because I missed out on every other title. I really can't say I'm a huge platformer fan, but I'll admit mario is decent.

InsomniacAttack

wtf did u say about me u little mcnuggit?
Interesting... Any reason why you favor Galaxy 1 so much more than 2?
Here is an answer I wrote almost a year ago on MarioWiki:

Why? The story/power ups/concepts were new, not recycled, the power ups are 100% better in the original, the galaxies are fantastic, and I feel like the sequel sort of babies the player through the game while the original is legitimately challenging at times. Although there is much more content in the sequel, I feel as though the green stars don't really add anything but frustration and hours of searching for something that feels very pointless. The grandmaster galaxy is difficult but it isn't as original as the trial galaxies in the first game. Also, the overworld. Oh my gosh. The overworld in the sequel is almost nothing in comparison to the massive colossus that is the comet observatory. It is super fun to explore and it somehow feels more fun moving on from dome to dome instead of just scrolling from world to world as in the sequel. Oh yeah, and Yoshi. Yoshi may have been exciting but he didn't change the gameplay in almost any way. And I don't think its just nostalgia blindness either because I'm very excited for the next installment in the series and I really hope it is better than the first one, no matter how difficult that will be for Nintendo to make. I just hope they don't reuse the same ideas and formula again.

I hope that anwsers your question :)

Here is an answer I wrote almost a year ago on MarioWiki:

Why? The story/power ups/concepts were new, not recycled, the power ups are 100% better in the original, the galaxies are fantastic, and I feel like the sequel sort of babies the player through the game while the original is legitimately challenging at times. Although there is much more content in the sequel, I feel as though the green stars don't really add anything but frustration and hours of searching for something that feels very pointless. The grandmaster galaxy is difficult but it isn't as original as the trial galaxies in the first game. Also, the overworld. Oh my gosh. The overworld in the sequel is almost nothing in comparison to the massive colossus that is the comet observatory. It is super fun to explore and it somehow feels more fun moving on from dome to dome instead of just scrolling from world to world as in the sequel. Oh yeah, and Yoshi. Yoshi may have been exciting but he didn't change the gameplay in almost any way. And I don't think its just nostalgia blindness either because I'm very excited for the next installment in the series and I really hope it is better than the first one, no matter how difficult that will be for Nintendo to make. I just hope they don't reuse the same ideas and formula again.

I hope that anwsers your question :)
daaaaaaaaaamn-o.gif

My exact opinion on it.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
I see a lot of people here prefer the original Galaxy over the sequel. Galaxy 2 is my favorite 3D Mario game because it blends the best of the original Galaxy's gravity game play with traditional platforming. I'm also a huge Yoshi fan, so I naturally gravitate towards the games that feature the dinosaur. The power-ups are definitely another point worth mentioning. Cloud Mario and Rock Mario are my favorite 3D Mario suits. The only underwhelming aspect of the game is its Bowser battles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom