• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Fate/ZD Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
My biggest qualm is that Ex obviously wants to be lynched, should we really be giving Ex what he wants?
At this point my mind set is just go with the flow I guess? If he is Town than there must be some reasoning why he wants to be lynched, and like Minish suggested earlier, if he is scum it's not a bad thing to be lynching him unless he is a bomb or something?

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
So far my reads are as follows

Minish - Town lean. I don't trust her 100% not should anyone else, but I get general town minish vibes. Yes roles aren't AI, but scum minish takes longer to post reads iirc. She seems to generally he using the role in a relatively town manner.

Funnier - I'm a little hesitant to give him a clear. It might just be the last game, but his read list felt off? Idk, just didn't feel like he put the same effort I'd expect town funnier to put in. Slight town lean

Ex - I honestly don't know. Technically there is no downside to his D1 lynch if his power truly will hurt us. That said, I still don't understand how it can hurt people if more of us know about it. Null.

LG - Null. She hasn't really acted inherently scummy or towny. LG usually shines D2 when town. Let's see how it plays out.

Pen - a little scummy actually. No real contributions to the game. Plus the passiveness that Minish mentioned earlier just feels weird to me. I still don't like it.

I'll give more later. I wanted to give these now as they were in my mind, and idk when I'll post later tonight

Also

Unvote

No more rv

funnier6

Courage~
Rag - I really liked Rag's reaction test of saying she had reason to believe there was a jester in the game. That looked pretty townie to me. Also, even though I disagree with her not wanting to vote Ex, I don't think her reasoning is bad there. She's looking pretty decent to me right now. Not insanely townie but not scummy either.
Same, it was a cool reaction test
I'd like to think lynching him is always the right play here for reasons stated before, but Rubik has a crazy mind and I keep wondering if there could be a role that will seriously **** us if we lynch them. But that sounds a little much to me, since I could only see it being mafia (since there are no game ending jesters), and if we're punished for lynching mafia then I'm gonna be upset!
I really don't think our pal Rube would punish us for lynching mafia, third party maybe but it'd be pretty cruel for him
Johnny - Was fairly forthcoming about info to me, but also not in a blantant way which I liked. It felt like town with a bit of skepticism, which is understandable. But he also did it of his own accord without trying to talk about all kinds of other stuff first.
What exactly do you mean all kinds of other stuff first? What were you expecting?
Feel decent about the group of:
Pen
Giri
Funnier
Ex
Kirino
Johnny

And to a lesser extent:
Rag
SMS

All Might

Which leaves:
LG
Silver
Naga
Doc
Same, basically my exact list which I suppose I'll update soon

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
This is either going to make me look like I'm sheeping Minish or diverting the Ex lynch, but despite that I think it's worth pointing out. I haven't been too sure of who to tackle (hence my silence), so I've been poring through some of the older pages and noticed this trend. Nobody's going to budge from Ex, which I'm not necessarily against, so I guess this is more of a header for D2 proceedings. Of course, a lot of this depends on Ex's flip.

Speaking of which, I think chances of Ex being Town heavily outweigh him being scum, namely because he wouldn't brazenly proclaim his role to be detrimental without proper reason. Discontent towards his role was his "rationale" for making the claim, but there just has to be more to it than that. I think that he wanted to be the first one out since maybe his role is informational somehow, such as showing the voters' alignment if he dies or something.

Anyway...

Alrighty, interesting development with Minish. I'm not going to town clear her though, and those who have I'd say you shouldn't. While I don't think she is Mafia, I wouldn't rule out that she is some kind of third party. I'd like for her to do what she said and start Discord convos with everyone or whatever - and if she is Town, I guess she can convince me why she is there, or here in the thread, whichever works best for her.

Unvote
SMS is reluctant to Town clear Minish even after an official reveal.

I want to call bull on those quotes, that doesn't sound like something Rubik would say... maybe I'm paranoid though.
Thinks Minish forged some quotes to make herself appear innocent. I'll admit, it's few and far between for any games I've played where the GM allows the player to quote from the PMs, but she is the persona of the host so...it could go both ways.

I'm not really following the Ex situation. I'm trying to think, is he hinting at Miller or something?
If he's a Jester I'd rather keep him around as an extra vote, just saying.
The idea isn't to not lynch the Jester at all, just not right away. Like, hey help us out for x amount of phases, then we'll lynch them, you follow me? This is assuming that lynching the Jester doesn't end the game, if you are that kind of Jester nobody will want to help you, lol.
An interesting string of quotes. Not only does he state that Ex shouldn't be lynched right away because he'd rather keep him as an extra vote, but infers that if there was a game-ending-Jester nobody would essentially vote for him. The most intriguing part follows below...

I think a work around is Minish could just relay his hard claim in her DMs to those whi she trusts. I think she mentioned something about Pen pretty much telling her everything about his role, so I think soneone like hin would be a good choice to do something like this.
Seems to be actively fishing for Ex's role information, urging that it be brought out into the open. After this prompts Ex to call him out...

I'm over it now probably. If you don't want to do it now, the least you can do is do it before you get lynched.

Vote: Exlight
At this points it just seems like SMS is flipflopping somewhat and trying to put the nail in the coffin despite initially saying that the "Jester" should be kept around.

I forgot to unvote my RVS vote. Anywsy, I'm putting a lot of trust into Min Min and you here.
Finally, ends off with saying that he puts a lot of trust into Minish and Ex despite clearly casting suspicion on them above. I'm not exactly buying SMS' play this game at all. He seems hungry for information while desperately trying to hide something, and this isn't what I'd expect from a seasoned player. While is this in all likelihood going to come back to bite me, I think that SMS is the most suspicious by far even with this nagging feeling in the back of my head that he's just as uncertain on how to play this theme to the fullest.

That's why I'm gonna wait until D2 to commit to pressuring him further.

If we look at the flavor, then the arbiter from Fate/Zero was actively working to ensure a particular person won the Grail.
Plot twist: The arbiter was the Godfather all along. :eyes:

funnier6

Courage~
Minish - Townlead, I really doubt she'd out her negative modifiers and put that much dedication in reads if she was scum (if we're wrong then yikes lmfao, do not give def townpants to her despite her being a hard townread k pls)
Why wouldn't she out the negative modifiers? Haha whoops forgot to mention I'm a miller lol
Funnier - hi you've been kinda passive again and if you're scum again istg please share thoughts more and poke people more will you
Unfortunately this does not make me angry enough to post more

I'm having a bit of a dilemma cause I keep asking Min a million questions about everything and bringing up everything to her instead of actually posting about them umu

Doesn't help that this whole day is already gone since you're getting lynched and so there and so thats that so we're just sitting around wondering who's up next tomorrow and trying to work out that poe

I be tryin but it be hard

Also why do you pick today to finally share reads

Kirino

Tatakae
I don't really like the flippant attitude Pendio's been displaying, first with his post on All Might, and then by his full reveal to Minish and instant vote for Ex. He also refused to give reads because he "rarely has any good reads day 1," which is a poor excuse. I'm reluctant to scum read him for this, as the full reveal to Minish seems like a town move, and I agree that he'd likely take things more seriously if he were scum. But I'd at least like to see him contribute more.

Funnier's come off as somewhat more passive than I'd expect from his town play, so I have my eye on him.
But his sudden change after I laid things out felt potentially townie to me? He's someone I'll keep a close eye on, but I also don't think I find him as scummy as I did.
I don't have access to the chat, but it probably doesn't change my opinion. I'd expect at least one scum to try to cast doubt on you, which is what SMS did. Like we agreed, it was initially healthy skepticism, but the part about your Rubik quotation came off as contrived and trivial, as if he was looking for reasons to cast doubt on you. It'd also make sense that he'd be eager to find out about Ex's role, given it was stated multiple times that knowing it would help scum.

Then there's his reversal, both in the thread and your chat with him. While initially casting doubt on you, it became pretty clear that you were increasingly gaining the town's trust: seeing that, and how you and I were starting to suspect him, he could've just given up once he saw his efforts were pointless and potentially harmful to him. I'd generally interpret this kind of caution and self-preservation as indicative of scum. To be fair, I could also see town SMS doing this, since I think he displays those characteristics as town to an extent. Still, it doesn't make me town read him.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
I don't think anyone but exlight is going to be lynched today so i'm going to put my vote on him. Because of my role i want to be involved on every lynch. I'll make it clear where I'd rather my vote actually be were it not for my role though.

I'm not sure who I'd rather vote today. I haven't put as much effort into this game as I'd have liked because I've been pretty invested in terraria lately. I was suspicious of minish around the start of the game because of the nature of her role, but I think she's too helpful as town to risk lynching. I do think that she should probably be investigated just in case. I doubt she's scum but indep seems likely in my eyes and I'd rather that be on the table sooner rather than later if its true.

SMS strikes me as town because their town meta seems to be unconfident and wishywashy and paranoid and their scum meta seems to be cool as a cucumber but i have limited experience playing with them.

Vote: Exlight

If he thinks its in our interest ex should probably fullclaim before deadline.

funnier6

Courage~
Blindly trusting someone as a town lead just because they have the host's role is insane imo
This guy gets it
I can totally see MInish acting as some sort of Puppet Master. I don't see Minish as scum, her playstyle this game is all wrong for that, but I do see the possibility of a third party playing us all, and that scares me. So I'm saying to keep an eye on Minish, and check for any subtle manipulations.
I trust my friend Minish and I dont believe she is lying or manipulating me. Famous last words, but c'est la vie
Also, Minish, curious if there is anyone who hasn't talked to you at all. If we're going to use your role to our advantage, it would make sense that perhaps there is a wolf who hasn't spoken to you yet out of fear of giving things away. So if we are treating you as a hub of information, everyone should have spoken to you and we should be looking at anyone who hasn't.
I know that you're a shining example of "look funnier this is how you ask Min questions outside your dm" but I'm wondering why you didnt just ask her this in the dm if you were curious?
And now I suddenly remember why I hate playing away from home. You people and your reads lists, good lord. I'll try to put something together, but I almost guarantee someone is gonna come out and be like "Silver's reads seem forced, that's a scum play." And my reads will be forced, because that's now how I normally play.
Sorry, gotta have em. And really I dont know how you expect to solve anything if you dont form some reads
Also, I'm cornered? That's news to me. How am I cornered? The walls are always spinning, so if I time things right, I can just slip out that door.
News to me too

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
This is either going to make me look like I'm sheeping Minish or diverting the Ex lynch, but despite that I think it's worth pointing out. I haven't been too sure of who to tackle (hence my silence), so I've been poring through some of the older pages and noticed this trend. Nobody's going to budge from Ex, which I'm not necessarily against, so I guess this is more of a header for D2 proceedings. Of course, a lot of this depends on Ex's flip.

Speaking of which, I think chances of Ex being Town heavily outweigh him being scum, namely because he wouldn't brazenly proclaim his role to be detrimental without proper reason. Discontent towards his role was his "rationale" for making the claim, but there just has to be more to it than that. I think that he wanted to be the first one out since maybe his role is informational somehow, such as showing the voters' alignment if he dies or something.

Anyway...

SMS is reluctant to Town clear Minish even after an official reveal.

Thinks Minish forged some quotes to make herself appear innocent. I'll admit, it's few and far between for any games I've played where the GM allows the player to quote from the PMs, but she is the persona of the host so...it could go both ways.

An interesting string of quotes. Not only does he state that Ex shouldn't be lynched right away because he'd rather keep him as an extra vote, but infers that if there was a game-ending-Jester nobody would essentially vote for him. The most intriguing part follows below...

Seems to be actively fishing for Ex's role information, urging that it be brought out into the open. After this prompts Ex to call him out...

At this points it just seems like SMS is flipflopping somewhat and trying to put the nail in the coffin despite initially saying that the "Jester" should be kept around.

Finally, ends off with saying that he puts a lot of trust into Minish and Ex despite clearly casting suspicion on them above. I'm not exactly buying SMS' play this game at all. He seems hungry for information while desperately trying to hide something, and this isn't what I'd expect from a seasoned player. While is this in all likelihood going to come back to bite me, I think that SMS is the most suspicious by far even with this nagging feeling in the back of my head that he's just as uncertain on how to play this theme to the fullest.

That's why I'm gonna wait until D2 to commit to pressuring him further.

Plot twist: The arbiter was the Godfather all along. :eyes:
I changed my mind after talking to Minish outside the game.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Also, Minish, curious if there is anyone who hasn't talked to you at all. If we're going to use your role to our advantage, it would make sense that perhaps there is a wolf who hasn't spoken to you yet out of fear of giving things away. So if we are treating you as a hub of information, everyone should have spoken to you and we should be looking at anyone who hasn't.

Everyone has talked to me in some capacity at this point. Some more than others. I have been considering how and when and why people have talked to me a bit since I had the same thought. But I'm not placing too much weight on all of that, just something I'll keep in consideration with additional info.

funnier6

Courage~
I'm pretty confident (just from posts, not from abilities or outside knowledge) that Ex is not town.
Boring. Possible, but boring
My biggest qualm is that Ex obviously wants to be lynched, should we really be giving Ex what he wants? There is something fishy going on here too: Minish said yesterday that we should lynch Ex to get around harm to the town. I don't like that Minish and Ex have this secret between them on Ex's ability and how we should just trust them. Minish also says that Ex is likely town, so I can't really reconcile these things, that Minish is recommending we lynch town. I don't really think this is necessarily something scum would say, because she's being very open about wanting to lynch town (as opposed to pushing for a lynch she thinks is town but without saying that).
From what Min has told me I can reconcile everything quite easily. Theres the off chance he's jester but that doesn't really matter
I don't have very many other thoughts, tbh. I shared a little bit with Min that I didn't love some people's reactions to SMS being skeptical of Min's alignment, but I don't feel confidently in those feelings to do really do anything about them.
Do you have any feelings that you do want to do something about
At this point my mind set is just go with the flow I guess? If he is Town than there must be some reasoning why he wants to be lynched, and like Minish suggested earlier, if he is scum it's not a bad thing to be lynching him unless he is a bomb or something?
Thats a lotta questions sms. What do you think?

Also reads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom