• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art Fan Fiction: Lia Fáil

Okay, I finally released it after the delay.

Chapter One: The Unfortunate Loss

This is a story of horror. How Fomoria disappeared, and so did 'it'. I was young at the time, couldn't be more that eight. I was living comfortably with my parents until something caused a tremor in the our family's pot of water. Something was wrong and we felt it for days. Until out of nowhere, in the misty gray sea, something could be seen in the distance. Everyone noted the awful scent of onions. As it came closer, we were astonished by what it truly was. It was huge! Colorful and ravenous-looking. It had a long front and resembled a legendary figure. It was rather close to the water and seemed to have a... what? We all thought it was Helmaroc King! It is a ship with a striking resemblance, but not Helmaroc. "It... It just went around the island?" I, Charlie Pint, said. It docked in Fomoria, an island that can't be more than a few yards away from Wayaway Islands, were we live. Some five people got off of the boat. We couldn't make them out all that well but they seemed to be Exorcists. Normally we could see everything that was happening in Fomoria, but on a misty morning like this nothing could be seen. Perhaps they new it would be misty today? In a few minutes the town blacksmith said, "Four people came back into the ship and they pulled their anchor up." My father exclaimed, "Four?! Are you sure you weren't mistaken? Five people got out of that boat." "No, I am sure it was four. Maybe they were dropping someone off or you were mistaken." After some time the hype went down. I think everyone was just surprised that visitors came, we never get visitors. A few days later, at 4:55 AM, what seemed to be an earthquake woke us all up. My family and I went out only too see Fomoria sinking into the ocean! It was an amazing yet cruel sight. It was as if hands made of water was pulling on the island. And this day was extremely sunny so the hands portrayed all the colors of the rainbow. "Whats wrong with you all! Fomoria is sinking, there is an earthquake, and all you are doing is looking at some radiant hands!", I said with disapproval. I don't think many people heard me because the sounds of the earthquake were too loud. Then I heard a young girl scream, younger than me that is. It was coming from Old man Crane's house. I went in only to see a five year old an a three year old crying and shouting. Their grandfather was crushed to death. Blood splatter everywhere, even on the childrens' faces. I was petrified in horror. My parents walked in the room and quickly came to check up on everybody. My mother checked to see if Mr.Crane was still alive even though she knew that it was hopeless. Luckily he had a pulse left. The two orphans and I were instructed to leave and call for help while my parents watched over the old man. But as soon as we got out, the earthquake stopped. Fomoria was out of sight! What has happened to Mount Physis? For a few sub-moments while we ran to the medic's home, everything was quite. Until a huge aftershock occurred. I fell on my back and fainted. When I woke up, I got dreadful news... My parents died and that young three-year-old-boy broke one of his arms...

Last edited:
Here is the second. Feel free to provide constructive criticism.

Chapter Two: The Reunion

Eight years later, a lot changed. It seems as if I had taken physical damage by bottling up my thoughts. My hair which was once Black has turned Hazel Brown. My eyes were once green, but now seems to be a dark-red-like color and bloodshot all the time. And my skin has become sickly white. Sheina seems to have the same symptom for red eyes, but she still seems normal. Henry must have been too young because he is perfectly fine right now. Henry's left arm has healed for the most part, but the town medic says that some of the nerves are broken beyond repair. So he lost a little feeling in his arm. That is a big deal, even though it doesn't sound as much. Compare it to someone who is, or is nearly deaf. They can sort of hear and talk, but since they have trouble hearing, they have trouble pronouncing words. Same goes here. After nights of thinking I came up with a solution to our problems. If we bring Mount Physis back, everything will be better. I don't know how exactly, I just know that I need to bring it back. And since it was pulled into the ocean using exorcism... How do you break a rock? By using another rock. So when I reached the age of ten, I took on to be an apprentice of an Exorcist. For us in Wayaway, when somebody reaches the age of ten they usually start their life or go into apprenticeship until they are eighteen or until the master could teach no more. Six years of strict exorcism is rough. Especially since for the second half of it, Sheina went on to be a pirate's apprentice. How could she just leave us like that?... Her master said that during the three years, she would have to learn all he had to teach, buy a boat, get a crew, and only then may she come back home. Only last year has Henry chose his profession. He went into the Carpentry carrier. At least he chose something useful. What can one get out of sailing? His teacher is Inko Trate Rami. He seemed competent, but I still doubt he is. Since what happened a few years ago, I basically had to raise both the two of them and myself. Sure the Wayas tried to help in anyway they could, but we don't bother taking charity. After much anticipation, a foreign ship was docking in Wayaway. As I said earlier, we never get guests so this caused much rumors. What is the point? It is a stupid boat! Then she came out of the boat, she was wearing a purple tunic with strange Aileen brown pants. How ugly! She resembled a Pirate! "Hi goofs", she said as she walked over to us. "Charlie, I barely recognized you. Puberty did change you. You look like your ill." "Shut up...", I said in a low, calm voice. Henry almost leaped onto her, but I pulled him back before he gets him or Sheina hurt. "So how was it?" I asked Sheina. "It was good, I finished training and manage to get a boat. But I spent a month looking for a suitable crew, nothing," she replied. "By suitable do you mean someone crazy enough to actually want to be a pirate?" "You are so immature!" Like we when we were younger, she was about to start another fight. Luckily I knew Exorcism now, so as she was about to attempt the first strike, I completely dodged it by creating a protective wall. "Only fools resort to violence. Something pirates will never understand. Come in, I will make you some tea."

Last edited:

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I like small chapters like these. Good job with the story. It has several mistakes, or typos...but I like how short the chapters are, etc. Maybe if you break the story down into separate paragraphs it would look better instead of having just a wall of text. Keep it coming, Incubus ~Atsie

Its a little strange when I reread it... Well, here is the next part.

Chapter Three: Its Settled Then

As we walked to our home, I could tell she was observing the town and remarking to herself, "nothing ever changes here". Whats wrong with staying the same? As we went inside, I realized I was already making tea when I got in. But, I have no memory of getting it ready in the first place. Very strange. I distributed a cup of tea to Sheina. Shes been drinking tea since she was seven. She is addicted to it. Yet Henry who is now eleven finds it repulsive. Me, personaly, neither enjoy nor dislike tea. But, I do like the smell of hot green tea. I sometimes bring a cup to my master, Randall, just so I can smell it while I work. Is that selfishness or selflessness? "So, Charlie," she said. "How is Exorcism going for you?" "Pretty good," I replied. "I still have two years of lessons left." "So you wouldn't want to?" "Wouldn't want to what?" "Its just that, I feel guilty for just leaving like that so I wanted to take you to Gring De." Gring De was the capital city of Exorcism, but I am not about to live my lessons to go across the world. I was really tempted, but I haven't been away from the island before and I am not starting now. "Well, obviously no! Especially if you take me on that pirate ship." Then was the first time I thought about it. Why did I hate pirates so much? I have a feeling its not about Sheina, even though I was sad that she left. And the only other pirates I ever met was the exorcists and her master. It can't be the exorcists, if it was, I would hate Exorcism too. It must have been her master. He reminded me of Mr.Crane. Yes, that is why... Later that day, it was time for me to take my Exorcism classes. Sheina annoyingly followed because she wanted the tea pot in my hands. "Master Randall, I am ready for my lessons," I said while looking for him. He wasn't in his home. "Can I have the tea then?" Sheina said as I decided to ignore her. I studied the room and found a letter on the table. It read 'Dear Mr.Pint, I will be gone for a while. Consider your lessons on a hold for a year. You can stay on the island and practice what you know or come after me in Gring De.' "Talk about a coincidence!" Sheina stated. "This isn't Master Randall, how could he have left?" I replied. "If there was a boat in town before yours, everyone would have been talking about it. Something isn't right." "Think nothing of it. Lets go see how Henry is doing." "I guess, I have to give the tea to someone." Sheina's pupils grew large with disbelief. "Master Rami will sure enjoy this," I said with a minor snicker at Sheina's embarrassment. As we arrived we were really surprised. Henry was presenting a rather large wooden carving of a Rito to Mr.Rami. "Hey Henry!" I startled him, the two of them just noticed our arrival. "Why didn't you tell me you were carving a sculpture?" "He was probably too embarrassed," she replied. "I mean look at the nose on that thing, it looks like a beak. And were is its hands?" "Its a Rito, Sheina. They are a race of subterranean birds. Remember those people from the legends, the Zoras? Well, these are their descendants." "Ah, I see you know your biology," Inko said. "Wait, Henry! How do you know what they look like?" "This morning, one came to take your master. Didn't you know?" "Not until now... Wait, you carved it that fast!?" "Indeed he did," Inko interrupted. "Your brother here is gifted. He surpassed all that I could do at his age. In fact, he surpassed all that I could teach him. This will be his last day." "See Charlie," Sheina said. "All the signs are pointing to my ship. Destiny wants you to go to Gring De." "You would know since you studied Fortune rather than sailing," I said in a little harsh sarcastic voice. "Oh, by the way. Here is your tea Master Rami." "Why thank you, but perhaps your sister wants it more? She hasn't took her eyes off of it since she learned about Ritos." I handed the pot to Sheina and she nearly fell. The pot was made of a really heavy metal. "Oh, now you don't want the pot?" I said with a grin. "Good thing it didn't spill," She said as I helped her stand normally. "So whats this about Gring De?" Inko asked."My master wrote a note saying that I should come to Gring De if I wanted to continue my lessons. And Sheina offered the exact same thing earlier today." "Sounds like the universe wants you to go to Gring De." "Its settled then, the three of us will sail to Gring De tomorrow at Dawn Break," Sheina said a little too enthusiastically.

Okay, here is the new chapter. Probably next chapter, I will introduce more characters from the sign up. If for some reason I do not, then the chapter after that I will without doubt.

Chapter Four: Stranger and Stranger

At dawn of the next day, Henry, who was always the first to awake, woke us up. "Someone's exited to get on a piece of junk?" I asked Henry rhetorically as if it was a statement and question. "Five more minutes...," Sheina whispered with a hint of anger. "Maybe if you weren't up all night-" "With anticipation!" she said with a burst. "Good, your awake. Get your stuff ready." I walked back over to my room and opened the red-wood drawers. I pulled out my prepared clothes and also put three books into a shoulder bag. I also went into the kitchen and picked up the bag of necessities and Henry's clothes. "Everyone ready?" Henry asked impatiently. "I am," I replied while hinting at Sheina being unprepared. We waited a few minutes and I let out a grunt while I dropped my bags and headed for Sheina's room. She was sitting down, eyes shut, lying her head on her old desk-mirror. I got a pale of ocean water and poured it on her face. "I wasn't stealing that mango!!!!" she screamed with a sudden burst of energy and wide eyes. "Is that what pirates dream about now-days?" I asked with a pleased tone. "Why did you do that!" "We have been waiting. Don't blame me, you chose for us to leave this early." I picked up her bags and placed it in her hands. As we went to the exit of our home, I gave her the bag of necessities. I picked up my bags and set off for the boat. Its floors squeaked as we stepped upon them and the unpleasant aroma of rotten cheese became stronger with ever step. "How much did this boat cost you?" "300 Rupees," she replied. "What did you do with the rest of the money?" "I sort of got tricked into giving it to a rupoor." "Typical Sheina." We left out for sea. "Lets see we want to go to Gring De so we would have to spend our time heading to Twister Island first. Twister Island is north so we go...," Sheina said with unassurance. "That way!" I said while pointing north after waiting impatiently for Sheina to figure out the direction of the wind. Sheina then left for Engine room while we waited on the deck. Five minutes later, we had set sail and she had come back out. "So Sheina, I understand that this boat doesn't have a sail, how does it work?" "Simple," she said while she brought Henry and I into the Engine room. She opened up a compartment and I suddenly was filled with rage. "This ship uses-" "Force Gems!?!?!?" I said, interrupting Sheina. "Why would you waste something of such value!?" "Value?" "Yes! Force Gems can amplify a simple machine a thousand times fold. Why not use coal?" "Well I-" "I mean, if you use Force Gems, we should be in Gring De withing an hour!" I said with a vicious expression. "Force Gems are all I know how to use. My teacher used them. Coal isn't worth it, it just isn't abundant enough and isn't worth it." "You do realize with just one Force Gem, you can buy all of Wayaway?" I said while walking out of the room. Why couldn't she have just used coal? She should be a sailor, that would be a thousand times better than a pirate. Later that day it was time to sleep. Henry was asleep in his chamber for about an hour now. I put my stuff away in the broken-down closet and put on my night mask. I lay there, awake, unable to fall asleep for some odd reason. people who know me that I easily fall asleep and that I would rather sleep than live, yet I could not. I lay there for two hours then give up and decide to go and observe the sea. "I see that you can't sleep," Sheina said without looking back to see that it was me. She said it almost as if she expected me to be unable to sleep. She was leaning on the front edge of the boat trying to see through the piercing inconvenience of the mist and fog. She turned around and pleaded, "Is it normal?" "That-... since I got this boat, my only sleep was this morning? And that I awoke at 5 AM, and here at 2AM in the morning, am unable to sleep." "How long have you had this boat?" "Months..." I gasped with bewilderment. "Your saying that this boat is some how connected to insomnia?" "I am saying that what ever has happened, I only slept for five hours within months of conscience-ness. I-," she said while pouting until she was rudely interrupted by sounds of laughter coming from Henry's room. "Hes awake too?" Sheina asked. "He was sleeping earlier!" I retorted while I ran towards Henry's room. I opened the door and... More odd things! Henry was floating in his sleep, laughing! "What kind of witch craft is this!" Sheina exclaimed. "I know what this is... There is only one being who can do this. If we don't put a stop to the source, he will die laughing." "What caused this!" "A Wizzrobe..."

Chapter Four: Wizzrahh!

"What is a Wizzrobe?" Sheina asked still in shock. "Wizzrobes are beings of magic with unknown origins. Many believe they are apart of their own race, but their body shape resembles a Rito. They are known to be strong enough to do, well, this," I replied. "You think we can stop this?" "Yes, but Henry is currently vulnerable." "I'll protect him if you investigate." "Okay," I remarked as I exited the room. Since we went inside, it became more foggy. It was really fast... I walked a few steps forward and I looked back. The door to Henry's room was already out of site. I walked a little more to the right of were I was and felt the side of the ship. Then, I didn't see who, but I was pushed off of the boat. "Wizzrahhhhhhhh!!!" I yelled as I fell into the water. The impact into the water was harmless, but I barely knew how to swim. I managed to return to surface as I heard a shriek. They got Sheina... I was able to make out a silhouette of the ship's Anchor. I climbed onto it because I suspected they would raise anchor to take the ship for themselves. I waited a few minutes and started to rethink their motives, but they did raise anchor. I barely managed to get on the ship again. I saw multiple targets talking to each other in a whisper in the distance. I sneaked closer and saw what I assumed to be Henry in one of their wings. Then, the mist disappeared. There were actually three Wizzrobes. One wore a red robe, and an Inca-like crown. The second one had a green robe with a red hood and was constantly laughing like a hyena. The third was different. Unlike the other two, this one had a yellow short beak. The other two had toucan beaks larger than the size of their head. The third also had a blue robe with white stitching. In addition, it had an orange mask on his head. It, unlike the other two, had markings on where his eyes should be instead of actually having eyes. Then, he looked in my direction. I was hiding behind a barrel, but he somehow saw through it. He yelled like banshee while pointing what resembled a scythe towards the barrel. After that, I saw a large flare of fire and passed out.

Shorter than usual but crucial to the plot. The next chapter will affect the story depending on who the next character is. I can either have Alex Arbiter or Vellir. You can see information on them here. If you are reading this, please reply which you would prefer and I will choose the majority first.

P.S.: Oddly, when I write this I imagine it in a realistic style (different from TP), but when I read it I imagine it all in MC style.

Edit: Post Script: Despite not stating it hear, one of the Wizzrobes was a new character from the sign up. And Sheina's boat is called the High Note, it used to be a theater ship.

I asked a mediator and came to a decision.

Chapter Five: Mountain of the Moblin Massacre

A while later, I opened my eyes an saw what seemed to be a wall. I then realized I was lying on a bed in a place I didn't know. I was about to jump out of bed when a man about my age entered the room. I see your awake. "Were am I!?" I yelled. "You are in are on Octave Island's Lucky-Eight-Inn. The someone found you and your family on the beach passed out, so we brought you here to rest," he replied. "Is Henry okay?" "Yes, he was the first to wake up. Your little sister is still asleep." "Shes not my sister, shes a Hiel. Is it as serious as coma?" "No, at least, I hope not. You guys have been asleep for three days. Henry was asleep for about five hours with us." There was then an awkward silence. "So, if shes an Hiel, you are?" "Wayan, so is Henry, but we aren't biologically related." "And your parents?" "Died in an earthquake. Sheina's mother swam across the ocean looking for land while protecting Sheina. She collapsed to death within an hour. Henry's parents who are lost at sea adopted Sheina. After their parents were proclaimed dead, their grandfather adopted them, but he died in that same earthquake." "Sounds brutal. I am going to go check on the nurse." He opened the door and was half way out before I asked, "-Whats your name?" "Alex, Alex Arbiter." This was a strange moment because I had never met anyone my own age before. An hour later, the nurse came in, she seemed about twenty-two-ish. "Hello, I am Nurse Jane Daln, do you feel any sort of pain? Is anything swelling or malcolored?" "No, no, and no." "Any questions?" "What time is it?" "Six-thirty-two, Ganthuary forth." "So I was asleep that long..." "We are about done with preparing dinner, you must be starving." I got up out of the bed. "Please lie down, you really should rest." "I don't care, let me see Henry and Sheina." She seemed suspiciously reluctant to show me. "Very well... Follow me." I got up and left, noticing that my book bag was beside the door opened. "Henry should be keeping Sheina company, hes been doing that around this time yesterday and the day before." She opened the door and we walked into the room, Henry didn't notice us walk in. I sneaked up behind him an put my arm on his shoulder. "Charlie, your awake!" "How's her pulse?" "A little fast, but good." I put my hand under her nose to check if she was breathing, luckily she was. "Don't worry, nobody has ever died in Lucky-Eight-Inn before." "D-died?" Henry whispered. "Can I have a bucket?" She went to one of the cabinets and got a small pail out. "What do you need it for?" "May I see the ocean?" I asked ignoring Jane's question. She, without a word, walked me out and to the ocean. I got the bucket and got some Salt Water. "Wait, what are you doing with that?" "No!" she said as I pored the water on Sheina's head. "I WILL PAY OFF THE MANGOES!" Sheina said as we all exhaled in relief. "You and that reoccurring Mango-stealing dream." "We-were am I?" Sheina asked. "Octave Island, we actually went south instead of north." "What happened to my boat?" "We saw no vessel with you when you washed up here," Jane replied. "What happened to the Wizrah-" I covered Sheina's mouth before she said something she shouldn't. She violently removed my hand as she said, "Get your hand off my face!" Alex walked in saying, "Dinners ready, oh good, your all awake." He put a bole of what seemed to be carrot stew on one of those breakfast-in-bed tables. "Hello, I am Nurse Jane Daln, do you feel any sort of pain? Is anything swelling or malcolored?" asked Sheina word for word as she did for me. "Did you ask that to Henry too?" I asked. "I'm fine, you people stop crowding around me!" Sheina answered. "So what was this about an Octave? Does it have something to do with music?" "Octave Island was named after Raul Noctavl. Years ago, before the Divine-Rain-Fall, our village was cornered inside of a valley. The only exit was blocked by a Moblin gang. A kind traveling merchant, Raul Noctavl, managed to scare the Moblins up Mount Alheh and lost his life up there, but most of the Moblins perished themselves. After that, the remaining Moblins learned their lesson and never bothered us again. After that, we renamed Mount Alheh to Mount Octave. To this date, the Moblins coexist with us on the other side of the Island. We helped each other advance and prosper," Alex explained to us. "So basically, you named the island after a musical note because a man died on a mountain?" Henry asked. "Sort of..." Nurse Jane said with a hint of annoyance.

All of the characters in this chapter are more important than previously introduced characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom