• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Evidence for Whale Not Being a Dream

I'm not saying that the whale is a dream, but these are not strong evidences to debunk it. One could argue that Zelda took off the cloak before flying with Link and that she disappear when the tornado strikes. Now if Zelda was wearing the cloak when she was suck up in the tornado, that would suggest that the whale is real. So unless the cutscene is changed with Zelda having the cloak, the dream theory is still up in air.

I still don't understand that her AND her bird CLEARLY get sucked ALL THE WAY DOWN the tornado, screeming, YET only her is falling down into the whales mouth not screeming, without her bird, and with a white background with link reaching for her without his bird. It doesn't make since.

Dukusword

Hylian Warrior
I still don't understand that her AND her bird CLEARLY get sucked ALL THE WAY DOWN the tornado, screeming, YET only her is falling down into the whales mouth not screeming, without her bird, and with a white background with link reaching for her without his bird. It doesn't make since.

Maybe there birds got pushed away some how to make sure they would not catch up to Link and Zelda.

Maybe there birds got pushed away some how to make sure they would not catch up to Link and Zelda.
obviously Zeldas bird gets sucked down the tornado just liker her, she's already gone, I don't see it being the same thing.

And just look at the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMCxW8nkXQQ Go to 0:46, look how far down into the tornado she goes, look at the back ground and how quick it happens. Now look at 0:49, look at the background, its white and unreal. Link is falling for her screaming, yet she doesn't even open her mouth. It could be another part of the game, and the background is just for special effect, but for it to be the same as 0:46 is just weird as the mood and everything is different. Even if you switch the two parts around, (just imagine it) it still doesn't fit as the same thing.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
The problem is that she had the cloak while on her bird, she didn't have it while falling through a tornado, but she had it while being eaten by the while. Assuming this is chronological, it makes no sense. But it probably isn't.

Actually, it's the reverse. She didn't have it before, but then did.

This is not confirmed though, the whale could still be trying to eat her and she is saved by another servant of the goddesses.

"Snatched away by that loathsome servant of the goddess." The whale snatched her out of the air. Seems like the whale is the servant to me. But, maybe it did eat her, but just spit her back up. Whatever happened, it doesn't really matter. The point is the whale saved her and is not part of a dream. Even if the game does start out as a dream, the whale will still be in the game.

obviously Zeldas bird gets sucked down the tornado just liker her, she's already gone, I don't see it being the same thing.

And just look at the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMCxW8nkXQQ Go to 0:46, look how far down into the tornado she goes, look at the back ground and how quick it happens. Now look at 0:49, look at the background, its white and unreal. Link is falling for her screaming, yet she doesn't even open her mouth. It could be another part of the game, and the background is just for special effect, but for it to be the same as 0:46 is just weird as the mood and everything is different. Even if you switch the two parts around, (just imagine it) it still doesn't fit as the same thing.

I've commented on this thing before. If she was falling for a good while, she would have figured she was about to die, so she would have just been giving Link a "last goodbye" face.

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
I don't think the whale is the servant of the goddesses, a servant would probably be a more significant race such as a Shiekah. Besides, it was the servant who teleported Zelda out of the Sky Temple (I assume), how is a whale going to do that? Actually, don't answer that. I just don't think the whale is the servant.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I don't think the whale is the servant of the goddesses, a servant would probably be a more significant race such as a Shiekah. Besides, it was the servant who teleported Zelda out of the Sky Temple (I assume), how is a whale going to do that? Actually, don't answer that. I just don't think the whale is the servant.

Wait, what about someone teleporting Zelda out of the Sky Temple? Who said she was teleported? She could have just walked off. Anyway, "snatched away" is the exact quote Ghirahim used right after he mentioned the tornado he created, so that's clear indication that it's the whale.

Garo

Boy Wonder
Wait, what about someone teleporting Zelda out of the Sky Temple? Who said she was teleported? She could have just walked off. Anyway, "snatched away" is the exact quote Ghirahim used right after he mentioned the tornado he created, so that's clear indication that it's the whale.

How is that a clear indication? "Snatched away" would imply something more forceful and quick, rather than a slow "fall into the whale's open mouth" situation like we've seen. Also, even if you could make the argument that the whale snatched her away, there is nothing in that statement that specifically points to the whale - for all we know, there could be a completely different servant of the goddess that snatches her away, a third party.

Further, I have yet to see an argument that specifically debunks the idea that the whale is a dream. The entire sequence is very surreal, with Zelda's calm demeanor and the slow falling and the whale slowly coming into view... it just doesn't feel real.

As Ghirahim said in the E3 demo gameplay video on media on the SS tab onZD, Ghirahim says himself (and I do not quote) something like:"And she was saved by those goddess's pets, wasnt she?" He says something like that, anyways... regardless, we all know Zelda is alive, Ganondorf will probably be a side character, if anything, in SS, and Link will be able to fly above and below the clouds to the world underneath (i.e. Hyrule). I would like to take some time to talk about the "dream"...

I also truly believe it was real, and that Link reaches out and jumps off to save Zelda. He blackes out, and wakes up in a dark place with Phi flying over him in that bright light. After that, the screen goes white and there's a cutscene whare Phi explains what happened, and that he has to go save Zelda and stop [place final boss's name here]. You then gain control of Link, and you go get your sword and sheild, run around, find your bird, have a tutorial on how to control it and yadayadayada. Eventually, you get to the Sky Temple. Once you get to Ghirahim, you beat him , and blahblahblah. You then get to wherever, and finally get to the final boss. I bleive he will be brand new, but Ghirahim will work for him in the end. You have to fight Ghirahim 1st, as he is possesed by evil, because he wanted to go good. Once you beat him, he faints, and the evil comes out of him (it'll look like purple mist or something), and the final boss talks, then the fight begins. I think he will be mildly hard, like Ganondorf's 1st stage in OoT. Anyways, when you beat him, he will die like all epic or something. After that, Ghirahim wakes up just as the sky is still falling (oh, did I mention the final boss is trying to use Zelda's hidden power to make Skyloft and the whole world in the sky fall? Majora's Mask reference, anyone? XD). Ghirahim looks at Link and there's a really heartfelt cutscene, and about 10 secs. later, Link holds out his hand, and Ghirahim hesitates a second, then grabs Link's hand. For once, you will be able to control another character in the series (excluding Epona and the Skybirds, Kafei, cuz he wasnt really alone, and any other animal that you can ride in Zelda), AKA Ghiraham, as Link guides you out. You escape the final temple before it is crushed (2 OoT references, anyone? XD), and you find Zelda chained to something that is stealing her power. Link and Ghirahim both cut the chains (cutscene) and another epic cutscene occurs where the sky is flashing and the sky goes back up. Then the world is saved, and the credits come. The End.

Ok, those are more wishes than speculations, but that'd be cool if it happened anyways!

Thanks for reading(hopefully),
~Linkanon~

Pen

The game is on!
What?! I never heard of this theory! It sounds weird though... I definitely don't agree with it. The evidence you posted there JuicieJ, is hopefully correct. I think we've had enough dreams in the Zelda series by now!

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
As Ghirahim said in the E3 demo gameplay video on media on the SS tab onZD, Ghirahim says himself (and I do not quote) something like:"And she was saved by those goddess's pets, wasnt she?" He says something like that, anyways... regardless, we all know Zelda is alive, Ganondorf will probably be a side character, if anything, in SS, and Link will be able to fly above and below the clouds to the world underneath (i.e. Hyrule). I would like to take some time to talk about the "dream"...

1) Ghirahim never says that
2) Ganondorf is confirmed not to be in the game

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom