• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Even If Majora's Mask 3D Does Get Made...

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
Everyone keeps thinking that if MM 3D becomes reality, then Nintendo will keep making more and more remakes instead of new games. This will not happen, however. If you think about it, Nintendo has only done two actual remakes to the series, and it's been around for over a quarter of a century now. They are as follows:

- Link's Awakening DX
- Ocarina of Time 3D

Link's Awakening didn't have color, and the DX version added color, and an optional dungeon. Ocarina of Time is a complete remake, from graphics, to added features and controls, and so on and forth. The graphics on OoT were becoming very outdated in my opinion. Majora's Mask has slightly better graphics due to the expansion pack, but they're still also dying with age, along with the cartridge games. The whole purpose of remakes is to introduced new gamers to the series and the game itself, and so the game doesn't die with age.

Both games are over a decade old now, and developers usually wait at least that long to do a remake. Pokèmon games always get remade a decade after they were released, developers just need to wait a long time to make it feel more like a refresh. Imagine if OoT 3D was released in, let's say 2006. It wouldn't of felt as new. Some people think "Oh, then we're going to get a TP remake! And a WW remake!" Games like this wouldn't get remade, let alone just a port until they turn 8-10 at least probably. Nintendo doesn't remake games just for the sake of it, there has to be good reasons behind it.

Anyway, Nintendo will not flood the series with just remakes if MM 3D turns out to be more than just speculation. SS is almost here, and possibly another game for the Wii U. If you're still skeptical, however, just think about this: Has Nintendo ever made any huge mistakes with Zelda before? They haven't since Day 1 all the way back in 1986.

Last edited:
If you're still skeptical, however, just think about this: Has Nintendo ever made any huge mistakes with Zelda before? They haven't since Day 1 all the way back in 1986.
*cough* Letting them make the CD-i games*cough*

But really, I agree with you. I mean a TP remake? Why?! The graphics are already top notch, just beacuse a new system's coming out, dosn't mean that there going to remake the whole Zelda franchise. It with proboly end at MM3D, just to go along with OoT, but even then I don't see the point, but after that they'll drop the remake thing and continue focusing on accually making new games.

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
*cough* Letting them make the CD-i games*cough*

But really, I agree with you. I mean a TP remake? Why?! The graphics are already top notch, just beacuse a new system's coming out, dosn't mean that there going to remake the whole Zelda franchise. It with proboly end at MM3D, just to go along with OoT, but even then I don't see the point, but after that they'll drop the remake thing and continue focusing on accually making new games.

Well, Nintendo didn't make the games directly, and they only said yes because Phillips wouldn't leave them alone about it. Nintendo gave them a hard time, though. They weren't supportive at all and only gave them a very short time to make them. So in some ways, the CD-i games being awful is Nintendo's fault.

I have seen people on this forum sarcastically say that they want a TP remake. MM 3D would be great since it's a direct sequel to OoT, and the sister game on the Nintendo 64. The console is almost three generations outdated now, so a remake like this is perfect timing. Plus, if the game came out in 2012, the sales might do even better than expected. There were a lot of people playing Majora's Mask and its music online on the so-called Rapture last May, although 2012 would be a bigger scale. :lol:

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I count ONE mistake: Twilight Princess. But you're right. They won't make only remakes from now on. Of course there will be more new Zelda games! Nintendo would never dissapoint their fans! Even though they did with Twilight Princess.... But that's neither here nor there. The point is, we will definately see more new Zelda games.

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
People are fussing over 1 remake and a possible remake. They have two upcoming Zeldas, and they take 2-3 years to make! We have one for the Wii, Wii U and etc. Expect a new 3D Zelda game being out 2015-2016, or 2014

And I don't see people fussing over the fact that LoZ, AoL, Alttp, Four Swords and TMC Were all on one system. .____.

I think MM3D would be cool and fun to play. However, 2 remakes in a row is highly unnecessary and improbable. I'm willing to bet anything that an original Zelda is made for the 3DS before MM is remade for it. In about 3 years, after an original title is made, I could definitely see MM3D being made. With Skyward Sword finally being released, I think fans will be dying for a new 3DS Zelda along with one for the WiiU. A remake at this time is not a good idea, but in the future would be wonderful.

Big Octo

=^)
As everyone stated before, it would be strange to have two near remakes. Also, isn't the GBA version of ALttP also a remake? It had a bit different graphics, altered elements, and another dungeon.

KaeporaGaebora

TheOwlSage
Honestly if Nintendo is to remake Majora's Mask, they should wait 2 years after Oot3d. That way it feels truly nostalgic. ( Oot-11/23/1998 MM-8/26/00 ) But, even if they remake Majora's Mask for the 3Ds, I won't buy it even though Majora's Mask is my favorite Zelda game. Remakes are pointless and I don't care for them.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Link's Awakening DX and the GBA A Link to the Past aren't remakes. They're ports. LA DX just has color added to it and has an optional dungeon (and the photographer). The graphics and movements are exactly the same. ALttP GBA was a port for the same reasons: no graphics change and same movements. Text can be altered in a port and extra features can be added. If you don't believe me, just look at Sonic Adventure DX. Was that a remake? No. It just had extra features. Same with ALttP and LA. The only Zelda game that has been remade is Ocarina of Time.

Anyway, the point is not that Nintendo will make more remakes. It's that fans will ask for more, and if Nintendo makes a Majora's Mask 3D because fans asked for it, they will be held to the expectation that they'll make another one because fans asked. If that happens and the fans don't get what they want, they'll throw a fit.

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
Fans are already throwing fits because they think that Nintendo will continue to make remakes, although to what you stated, there has only been one remake. Yes, ONE remake in the entire series over a period of 25 years, and now fans will think that Nintendo will become remake-happy and only do those.

Big Octo

=^)
Although I still think LA DX and GBA ALttP were remakes, those and OoT 3D are enough for me right now. Nintendo has better things to do then release two near-consecutive remakes of two games in the same franchise. Remakes need to have good spacing to sell well, they are not as successful when clumped together. I'm sure that they'll make Zelda remakes in the future, but not any time soon. Right now, I want to see new titles instead of old ones; MM 3D is not one of my great expectations.

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
ALttP wasn't a remake...it had some things such as the Chris Houllian Room taken out, added FS and the dungeon, etc. A remake needs to have more up-to-date graphics, and things of that sort. It was a port with some small things added/taken out. LA DX was definitely more than a port, but I'm not sure if I should've called that a remake either. Nonetheless, OoT 3D is the only major remake that the series has had so far, and that was because it was Zelda's 25th birthday, and OoT is typically the most popular Zelda game. I really don't know why people are throwing fits and think that Nintendo will only make remakes from now on. People, they've made ONE in 25 years, stop complaining.

Big Octo

=^)
Well didn't ALttP have just as many additions as LA DX (It actually had different graphics). Anyway, I'm sure Nintendo won't follow through with all these MM 3D campaigns, they don't necessarily need to; and fan craves such as this are rarely done, remember Op. Rainfall? It would be cool if it was made, but I just feel that it won't.

JerônimoLink

New Hyrule's Engineer
I think that Nintendo should remake Majora's Mask, because the game would be easier to remake, because they already remade Ocarina of Time, and the game would look great in 3d, but no more remakes. Some ports for the 3ds and Wii U Virtual Console's but another remake, only after a 3ds and a Wii U Zelda game.

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
I think that Nintendo should remake Majora's Mask, because the game would be easier to remake, because they already remade Ocarina of Time, and the game would look great in 3d, but no more remakes. Some ports for the 3ds and Wii U Virtual Console's but another remake, only after a 3ds and a Wii U Zelda game.

Right, MM 3D would be great and then they should stop making remakes, for a time at least. Though I wouldn't mind if Nintendo made more ports. Ports are just fine since it is still the same game, just ported onto a newer console to make it easier to play, and to introduce new people to it as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom