• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Enter the Dungeon

Hero of…. #s, I guess
"And you're telling me to be careful?"

Realizing that two people have the rope, I jump for the other side of the break in the stairway.

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
Shadow jumps. He then realizes he's not the one tied up to the rope. He falls a long way, and the adventurers up above hear a soft "plat" about thirty seconds later.
When the other adventurers finally make it down there, all they find is a fresh red stain.

lol jk But if we weren't in the first dungeon I would kill you for doing something stupid like that. :P

Galt makes one last check that the rope is tied securely. Standing as close as he dares to the hole, he makes a leap of faith; not wanting to get pulled taught mid-jump. Flying through the air, arms flailing, he manages to land on the very first step on the other side. It shudders, but holds his weight. Galt turns around to inform the others that it's doable, when his shifting weight causes the step to fall!

Down he plummets. The slack in the rope quickly disappearing until it snaps tight, nearly bending Galt in half for an instant. As the rope goes from horizontal across the hole to vertical with a weight on the end, Tenner is pulled down a few steps towards the hole until the momentum stops. The rope flashes around the railing which it was wound so fast it sounds like a hive of hornets, though the railing itself holds completely sturdy. Locke is dragged down a step, and gets caught when the wobbly step they forgot about falls away, twisting his ankle.

Galt and Locke: 1 damage
Galt proves the jump can be made fairly easily, but a running start to overshoot the unstable steps at the top of the other side of the hole is necessary.

SuperGleeok64

For the Greater Good.
"Son of a....... shall we try this again," I ask, sitting on the staircase holding my ankle.

(There are only two ropes and I have the other one :P) "I guess you," I say still sitting on the stairs. "HEY! GALT UNTIE YOUR SIDE OF THE ROPE SO I CAN PULL IT BACK OVER HERE," I yell to Galt.

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
'twas a joke itself, i-am-link.

I like how noone bothered to pull Galt up. Just telling him to untie himself while he's still dangling.... :spy:

Also consider the fact that you are jumping downstairs. You won't be able to make the jump back up unless you have like a 10ft vertical leap or have a vaulting pole or something.

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
(We assumed he tried again and made it across after we pulled him up..... but you can feel free to post something that'll destroy that....)
I like how you can read everyone's mind. lol But I ended my narrative where I ended it. If I do something with the story I will do it, or alter the physical elements around what you do (like, originally I was going to make Tenner almost fall down when the chest falls in response to he "[tried to] sprint away back to the entrance" but you had already moved past that by the time I got back). I left it open in case someone was going to "accidentally" cut the rope or you wanted to try a different tactic or something.

For future refrence:
I will never tell you what you do. I may add or take away from what you've already done (see example above), but if you do something (or try to do something, at least) that's what you do and I write around that. I'll start after a character(s) does something and stop when it comes time for anything non-automatic to be done (or when I feel like it :P). If I don't put something in as a story element, feel free to ask about it or work around it, but don't assume it's how the story is progressing. :)
This way you have more freedom to do anything you want.

EDIT: For the sake of the dungeon (you'll see soon enough) Mizu will be considered following the 5 of you who are active (thanks Tenner, Tenebrae, Locke, Galt, and Shadow). Unless she starts posting she'll "sit out" remaining dungeons.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom