• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Edge Review Out Today!

so the newest issue of edge just came out to day. unfortunately for my, i can't get one (living in the middle east blows) so if anyone happened to parches a copy, it will be great if they post some screens in here. i think we all need that after the disappointment from yesterday

TheMinish

Hero of the Skies
Oh great, another tonne of spoilers on the way I imagine. I hope there aren't too many spoilers, but there are most likely going to be new details. I am curious to see if there is any comment about the difficulty in the review.

so the newest issue of edge just came out to day. unfortunately for my, i can't get one (living in the middle east blows) so if anyone happened to parches a copy, it will be great if they post some screens in here. i think we all need that after the disappointment from yesterday

You are disappointed because of ONE person's opinion? >_> Games are not factually easy or hard. I felt that SMG1 was harder than SMG2. I think this for two reasons: the first game has a lot more of that "spherical planet" non-sense and the overall level design bores the hell out of me.

Basically, I have this theory that the more fun and interesting a game's level design is, the easier it will seem simply because you are having a blast while playing it. SMG2 may have been the harder game, but it seemed easier because the level design was constantly throwing exciting things at me. Skyward Sword could very well work in a similar manner, in that it's hard to think the game is challenging because you're having so much fun with it.

I probably won't read any more reviews, I don't want to spoil any more of the game and I am not disappointed from yesterday. He was just one person and I didn't read anything that would lead to me being disappointed.

But I might give in and read some of it and I probably will read how difficult it is but I wont pay attention to it since I will have to play the game to find out how difficult it is.

You are disappointed because of ONE person's opinion? >_> Games are not factually easy or hard. I felt that SMG1 was harder than SMG2. I think this for two reasons: the first game has a lot more of that "spherical planet" non-sense and the overall level design bores the hell out of me.

Basically, I have this theory that the more fun and interesting a game's level design is, the easier it will seem simply because you are having a blast while playing it. SMG2 may have been the harder game, but it seemed easier because the level design was constantly throwing exciting things at me. Skyward Sword could very well work in a similar manner, in that it's hard to think the game is challenging because you're having so much fun with it.

Great philosophy Gear... I like it and it makes a lot of sense. Whenever you have fun doing something it never seems to be too challenging or difficult, even if it is.

i meant screens of the magazine, it's not the full review, you know. Im just looking for something to cheer me up abut the difficulty level...

Again, why the hell are you placing so much trust in one person's opinion? If I told you strawberries tasted like bananas, would you believe me? Or would you ask others "Hey, is he right?" Or maybe even you would try the strawberry for yourself.

WhiteRundas

Ice Hunter
Nice philosophy GearHim. I don't know why everyone is concerned about the opinion of one person and the difficulty of SS.
It would be great if the game is harder than TP and WW, but I could live with it, when it is easier.

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
@mortekill I have no idea what you're talking about.

People are overreacting over the difficulty thing, listening to the podcast, he said it was easy for him because he was naturally good at Zelda. He said the game was tricky.

i just said that at least zelda keep a minimal difficulty and even introduce back the checkpoint instead of the room respawn

there are game where you can`t even die

hope zelda will keep like this, dying can be fun sometime

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom