• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Dungeons- How Big is Too Big?

Not Take Mirror

Sage of Ice
I like a variety of dungeon lengths. I think the game should start with a couple of smaller dungeons and gradually work up to longer ones, like what Ocarina of Time did. Generally, I prefer longer dungeons, like those with several floors that take several hours to complete. There is such a thing as too long though. Like over 500 rooms or a dungeon that's so long it takes an absurdly long time to complete, like weeks or months. I'm also in favor of having some smaller mini-dungeons in between the longer, regular dungeons.

S

shiek_the_ninja

considering that nintendo has claimed the new zelda game to be very long with dungeons that'll take about 5 hours to complete I'd say that's too long. Zelda games can be long but when it comes to dungeons I would prefer a more neutral length style

I think on average it should take about 2 hours to finish a dungeon. That's a solid gaming session and it's something you can sit down and complete and feel accomplished without spending all day playing.

Fede-hime

All about the treasure
I generally prefer overworld hijinks to dungeons, but if I had to choose I'd say something middling. Not too long, but challenging enough to keep me hooked. Also when it comes to dungeons, I like to see how fast I can get through it while still managing to get all the loot. That makes even short dungeons fun.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I love dungeons more than anything else in Zelda, so I would absolutely love extremely long dungeons. There really is no "too long" for me when it comes to dungeon length, and long as it doesn't get to the point of it being mindless and/or boring. I would love to see some great and massive five hour dungeons, as I think those would be lots of fun for me. This is one of the reasons I like the dungeons in Twilight Princess and Majora's Mask a lot - they were long.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
As long as they can keep the theme fresh, the dungeon can be as big as they can make it.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
For the regular dungeons, I like what they've been doing, switching up the length between a quick thriller, slow-burning crawler, and everything in between. I've yet to encounter a dungeon that I thought was too big (MC's Palace of the Winds got close though) but I've met plenty that were far too short.

But I think it would be cool if they included an optional megadungeon. Like, a dungeon that's the size of a literal city. One that promises a world-shattering object at the end of it but requires the player to spend a significant amount of time in. Like, a few days at the least. It'll be the toughest challenge we've ever faced, with the most grueling puzzles they can muster, tons of bosses and minibosses, horde rushes, anything they think to throw at us. Only the very best can make it through alive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom