• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Dungeons and Dragons Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

funnier6

Courage~
Why does everyone always post when I'm busy. </3
i've recently changed the way i play due to some advice i got. i was like this in the bulba game too
I don't agree, I mean you're not playing all that much different but imo you're way more proactive and in people's faces. Also what do you think about leetic not thinking so either wvwn though he was your lead singer?
ryuken's suspicions sound genuine
Elaborate? Or just gut?
like, more controlled? town mikey throws a bunch of reads around, writes posts that generate reactions (like here. deku isn't a fan of mikey's posting), doesn't give a **** about image
So you don't think scum Moe does any of those things?
i have my reasons, but explaining it in thread will ruin what i'm trying to get
Can I get the reasons since you unvoiced or you still holding on to them?
man idk if we're gonna resolve this.
Maybe we could if you answered the question? o-o What did you mean when you asked me what I meant lol.
but isn't that what zinn was doing before he voted me? he kept posting that she had nothing to say
Yes but the difference is in the hydra game he kept saying he had nothing to say while saying a bunch of things that weren't really related to what was going on. Here he's basically just been saying he isn't going to say anything over and over which reminds me more Of how he was in Canadian Mafia where he was town. I'd elaborate more but I've already forgotten the context of this question lol.
it's honestly a great way for me to solve the game. i think my w/w t/w t/t reads are usually right
I mean go for it if it works for you but it just seems like such a recipe for paranoia to keep track of all these different w/w reads especially since you know you will not be right every time.
am i a clone of you or just better than you ?? :suspicious:
You're funny5, I'm funnier6, seems kinda self explanatory. :suspicious:
Read the post Moe quoted in the post I quoted. I asked him a question. He didn't answer it, and the post barely even talked about what was in that post.
Yeah like Minish said I believe he did answer your question and you just misinterpreted it.
ometime tomorrow before EoD I have to go through all my points with a calmer eye and see if he really deserves that vote I have on him.
Can you get going on that? c:
Violently Null
Define violently null lol.
could expand on funny, funnier, Zinn and Gum;
Please do! Especially me, and don't say its cause I'm questioning things cause you know I literally always do that! D.<
(For the record, it's been 48 hours since day start and I've posted as many times, which is less than half my usual post count, so I don't see how anyone could think I'm not playing more passively this game @funnier6 )
Maybe on some other site but you know this isn't usual for you here. This is probably a record for most posts you've made on a ZD day one. For reference, you had 64 total posts in my VFD game. So no, not really seeing how you're being passive when this is literally the least passive I've seen you.
unvote
lynching the second most active poster suddenly strikes me as not very fun
I still SR you buddy
If you really think she's scum why does it matter? Why hype up how she's definitely scum all day and then change your mind because oh she's active. Especially since you don't even have other scum reads? I don't understand how you could spend the whole day saying fg scum and then just give up lynching her over nothing right at the end.
Sorry everyone for my inactivity thus far. This game started at a less than ideal time. I've been busy looking for a job, amongst frantically trying to get my place cleaned up since my landlord was a dick and gave me less than a week to move out, on top of the 4 gigs I have coming up next weekend that I haven't had time to practice for yet. I considered getting a replacement but this game had a tough enough time getting off the ground as it was.

I've barely read anything so far and likely won't have time to tomorrow either. I'm aiming to be more active during day 2, assuming I'm all moved out by then, but if I don't have a job yet by then jobhunting will be my number 1 priority. So bear with me for now. I'll ask for a replacement if I feel it's necessary but I would like not to.

For now, it's 3am and I haven't had any time to myself so it's relax time. I'll see y'all during day 2, or tomorrow (Sunday) if you're lucky.

Also idr if I had an RVS vote but just in case I shall

Unvote
Why cant we just play a game together??? ;_;
I would say if we cross examine people pushing for her lynch we could find a wolf there
Hey I've got an idea. Instead of saying it should be done, how bout looking at people pushing her lynch and trying to find a woof there? c:
I feel like there was a misunderstanding here? And kinda surprised no one pointed it out.
I kind of pointed it out. :c
Especially because I feel if he were scum his teammates would've pointed out this misunderstanding to him privately.
I don't really see why they should since letting him find out naturally looks better, though I guess he could've theoretically brought it up in the chat himself. Scum chat angles just make me paranoid.
Tbf, I do think this post has some reasoning to it which Moe seems to lack sometimes. So while it's not overly elaborate, it does give some sense of where he's coming from.
I don't really see the reasoning in any of it?
I'll address these two posts at once. And it goes along with my previous thoughts on Mido. I like that he gives his progression of read on Ryu and it feels genuine. I hadn't actually noticed what Mido pointed out about Ryu but I do agree with it. And I'm not sure if scum Mido would go so easily from thinking a post of Ryu's looked bad, to thinking he was looking good.
. What's most important is that I feel he's gathering some actual reads from the thread and while he's not so certain they're right he seems to be sticking to them. Which looks towny to me.
What I don't like about it is he seems to be reading Ryu on a post by post basis. Like, well Ryu made this post and I didn't like it, but then he made this post I like so I like him. Which makes me feel like he's reading Ryu by whatever he's saying right now and not overall reading him. His read on Ryu feels like it could change super easily so I don't see that he's been sticking to his reads.
If it's the same way I'm taking spicy, I think it means that Deku is being more aggressive and quick to give thoughts this game. Like his play is more flavorful this game compared to his normal laid back nature.
Oh, that makes more sense lol.
Again, I think this is another misunderstanding? I believe Mido was talking about leetic's vote for Zinn and then your response to Zinns response of the vote. So I get where it's coming from because there were layers to that one. Lol
I brought that up too :c
But I'm also kinda paranoid that we have Deku and Mido looking towny so one probably is scum. Haha
I think we can agree that they're both putting in more effort but I don't equate that with towny. I do think it is more town of Deku though cause I feel like it would be extra hard for him to turn over a new leaf and be scum at the same time.
I do think it's a bit weird that Moe and Ryu have discussed a lot of stuff and thrown suspicion around but haven't voted. I also kinda feel I could be okay with a Doc lynch. Yeah he's not usually active day 1, but I feel like in his few town posts he usually does more than he has this game. Since I don't know either of Moe's or Ryu's scum games and therefore don't really know if they're being unusual this game. I do however know Doc's. So I think that's where my vote is gonna land for now.

Unvote

Vote: Doc
Moe was voting fg like the whole day though.

I don't agree with lynching Doc on day one practically on principle cause Doc is almost never going to to post much of anything on day one so I don't see why you're thinking he should be doing more. I mean yes it would be nice but he always says he never has anything to say until day two so idk why you would think him not posting much content is AI. I dunt like how much we're disagreeing. D:
eod's in six hours. ooo, wonder what a zd eod looks like
It's boring, think bulba eod.

Kay I'ma stop there so people can reply while I quote the rest of the game.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
ZD Champion
@funnier6 I usually forget about zd games, like in Canadian
Take any meta read anyone gives you on me with a grain of salt, they keep changing up the meta! A few weeks ago it was "mikey is more nervous as town" and before that it was "ffa is just an obvious wolf"
And I absolutely prefer to lynch low posters over high posters
for one thing, it's established that there are generally more wolves in the lowest posters than the highest posters, and wolves will be more inclined to kill higher posters anyway. I feel like I've gone over the lynch inactive s strat many times already, maybe this time we can actually do it?

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
A little more than an hour left, folks!

Day 1 Current Vote Tally:
Ryuken - 1 (Mido)
Tristan - 1 (LittleGumball)
Moe the Moblin - 1 (DekuNut)
DekuNut - 1 (Doc)
ZinnLav - 2 (funnier6, leetic)
Zelda18 - 2 (Morbid Minish, Moe the Moblin)
funnygurl555 - 1 (ZinnLav)
Doc - 1 (Morbid Minish)
leetic - 1 (funnygurl555)

Not voting: Zelda18, Ryuken, Link 182

With 14 players alive it takes 8 for a majority lynch. Otherwise the day ends on Sunday, May 26th 2019 at 6:00 PM EDT. Countdown: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20190526T18&p0=4243&msg=Day+1+End&font=slab

funnier6

Courage~
i might just leave my vote on tristan tbh. right now i don't want to lynch any of the active players (you know how rare they are on zd) and all of his posts have been jokes or talking about IRL stuff
You don't want to Lynch the active people... because they're active?? O-O So you're just going to leave your vote on Mez because he's busy?? Haven't we established that lynching people because they're not here or haven't posted is dumb? You cant read into voting and lynching inactive because its a complete and total guess an you can say absolutely nothing about anyone on their wagon because they admit to having zero reasoning for voting there except "cause inactive". You cant just not lynch active people as though that means they aren't scum! Lynch scummy people! At the very least have a real reason. Who is most scummy to you right now for real actual reasons?
With every single game I feel bad for ZD cause the paranoia around seeing my scum game will gradually rise until people lynch me because "he's just gotta be a wolf this time"
Idk but I suddenly think that Moe has to be scum this game cause he's been town so many times that he's just gotta be a woof this time. :suspicious:
Funnier6 - One of the biggest contributors. I don't like reading wallposts like that, though that is more a personal thing.
Moe the Moblin - Is playing to his town meta. I still haven't seen his scum meta, but he still is one of the biggest contributors.
Ryuken - Seems similar to his "town" (even if he was technically a survivor) play on the hydra game.
Mido - Does have a couple of decent posts that are pushing the game forward.
DekuNut - Has been contributing to the game at least, not something I typically see from his scum play.
LittleGumball - Seems to be a reactive player rather than an interactive one. Keeping a joke vote and later justifying it looks a little weird to me. However, she has at least tried harder than most of the people below her on the list, so gets some points there.
Zelda18 - Only has one post, detailing her(?) inactivity. Forgetting that the game is going on might be a town lean, as you'd expect scum to be more invested, but made an excuse for why they won't be here a while and not a particularly valid one...
Doc - Really inactive, and this one doesn't even have an excuse for why. Basically just active lurking at this point, though I suppose I'm not one to talk.
Link 182 - Hasn't done much besides screwing around, expressed distaste for the FG wagon but doesn't really explain why. Basically CWAC.
Funnygurl555 - I do have to admit, seems different from the FG I'm used to. Seems a bit tunnely and more interested in proving she's town than solving the game.
Tristan - Apparently is busy and I respect that, however their only real contributing post expressed distaste at people trying to get things done on D1. If that's the only thing you have to say, it doesn't look too good.
Morbid Minish - A lot of posts read as "could be town or scum", "I don't know how to read this person", etc., not to mention voting someone just because they're inactive. Overall very flaky and CWAC.
ZinnLav - Even if that's supposedly how they "always" play, the lack of cooperation or motivation to get anything done D1 just looks bad to me. There's a difference between not being confident in yourself but still trying, and just doing this.
Morbid Minish - A lot of posts read as "could be town or scum", "I don't know how to read this person", etc., not to mention voting someone just because they're inactive. Overall very flaky and CWAC.
Can you elaborate on like this entire list please? I find it hard to see your thought process when you haven't really been a part of things and I'd like to know exactly what is giving you these impressions.
Doc - Really inactive, and this one doesn't even have an excuse for why. Basically just active lurking at this point, though I suppose I'm not one to talk.
Doc never has thoughts on day one. I always beg him for some anyway. :c
Mido - Does have a couple of decent posts that are pushing the game forward.
You don't think his reads are hedgy?
HI LEETIC please acknowledge me senpai (tbh you're actually my kouhai but w/e)

[v]leetic[/v]
I find it hilarious and kind of sad that fg has been trying all game to get Moe to town read her and Leetic to notice her and both refuse. XD
like i quickly townread funnier the last game i played with him, but he ain't there yet in this one
Quickly town reading me is dumb. <3
UGH no vote tags

Unvote (just in case)
Vote: leetic
I think you meant to say "THANK GOD" no vote tags.
what do y'all think of leetic?
I don't really think much of anybody until after I've hit them with a couple dozen questions so I'll get back to you but I do like that he posted a reads list when no one asked for one. Don't like how inactive he's been though.
Sorry I didn't get a post in last night, yall. To explain some of my inactivity, I started a new job where I work the closing shift and the weekends we're open to 4 AM. This change in my schedule combined with my personal difficulty on day ones kind of contributes to why I haven't gotten to much.

I first want to address that I have never been the most active player D1, regardless of alignment. Hell, this isn't the first time I barely made it to making the minimum requirement. And in those games, I feel like I said way less. Some of my town posts in the past have been straight up "I don't have anything to say." So I don't really agree with what Minish is saying about me here. I'm refraining from saying this makes her look scummy, because that may just be an instinctual OMGUS.

:`v`:

Anyways, another thing I wanted to say before I miss my chance is that I like Link182's defense of fg. Regardless of fg's alignment, I'm doubtful scum would so brazenly come out against a wagon on day one. It's nothing strong, but it stood out to me.
Hey Doc! Got any more thoughts? :D

Who are you gonna vote?

Btw I've brazenly come out against wagons on day one as scum.
I think we should lynch inactives
I think we should lynch people who are scummy.
y'all i got 3 eods tn and i'm still the second highest poster

why
You ain't in Kansas anymore.

funnier6

Courage~
Funnier6 - One of the biggest contributors. I don't like reading wallposts like that, though that is more a personal thing.
I usually don't make so many quote walls but I'm usually not having to catch up every five minutes.
@funnier6 I usually forget about zd games, like in Canadian
Whatchu mean? Like you keep forgetting they exist and thats why your post count is normally lower?
Take any meta read anyone gives you on me with a grain of salt, they keep changing up the meta! A few weeks ago it was "mikey is more nervous as town" and before that it was "ffa is just an obvious wolf"
Well do you agree with it? :P

I should probably finish reading that game fg linked but somehow I don't think I'll get to it in the next fifty minutes.
And I absolutely prefer to lynch low posters over high posters
What if you happen to have been scum reading a high poster all game day? Does that person suddenly not become scum when you realize they are posting a lot?
for one thing, it's established that there are generally more wolves in the lowest posters than the highest posters, and wolves will be more inclined to kill higher posters anyway. I feel like I've gone over the lynch inactive s strat many times already, maybe this time we can actually do it?
Remember all those games where we lynched scum and didn't use that strat?
Really? That will get us nowhere if she flips town.
Doesn't get us anywhere if she's scum either other than the bare benefit of dead scum.
A little more than an hour left, folks!

Day 1 Current Vote Tally:
Ryuken - 1 (Mido)
Tristan - 1 (LittleGumball)
Moe the Moblin - 1 (DekuNut)
DekuNut - 1 (Doc)
ZinnLav - 2 (funnier6, leetic)
Zelda18 - 2 (Morbid Minish, Moe the Moblin)
funnygurl555 - 1 (ZinnLav)
Doc - 1 (Morbid Minish)
leetic - 1 (funnygurl555)

Not voting: Zelda18, Ryuken, Link 182

With 14 players alive it takes 8 for a majority lynch. Otherwise the day ends on Sunday, May 26th 2019 at 6:00 PM EDT. Countdown: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20190526T18&p0=4243&msg=Day+1+End&font=slab
I still think we should be lynching Mido but I don't want to leave Zelda uncontested. Anyone wanna join me? :)

I don't agree, I mean you're not playing all that much different but imo you're way more proactive and in people's faces. Also what do you think about leetic not thinking so either wvwn though he was your lead singer?

the proactive and in people's faces is how i've changed, haha. leetic did say i'm playing different this game though?

Elaborate? Or just gut?

i later realized ryuken's suspicion was memes. so disregard that

So you don't think scum Moe does any of those things?

yeah i don't

Can I get the reasons since you unvoiced or you still holding on to them?

i want to see zelda18 say some more things, so i'm still withholding my reasons

Maybe we could if you answered the question? o-o What did you mean when you asked me what I meant lol.

the thing is i'm confused

Yes but the difference is in the hydra game he kept saying he had nothing to say while saying a bunch of things that weren't really related to what was going on. Here he's basically just been saying he isn't going to say anything over and over which reminds me more Of how he was in Canadian Mafia where he was town. I'd elaborate more but I've already forgotten the context of this question lol.

...so you think zinn's town?

I mean go for it if it works for you but it just seems like such a recipe for paranoia to keep track of all these different w/w reads especially since you know you will not be right every time.

ayyy paranoia

You're funny5, I'm funnier6, seems kinda self explanatory. :suspicious:

THIS KID.

It's boring, think bulba eod.

oh no

funnier6

Courage~
the proactive and in people's faces is how i've changed, haha. leetic did say i'm playing different this game though?
No I said he didn't think you were playing the same either and asked what you thought about it since he was you're other head.
...so you think zinn's town?
No I'm just saying that this Zinn saying he doesn't have anything to say reminds me more of when he said the same thing as town as when he said it as scum. I suppose you could call that the barest of town leans but tbh I need to reread the whole game.

I was gonna make a reads list before eod but it looks like I've gtg before eod anyway. I'm bouta go copy paste my old argument against lynching inactives though cause man I get tired of repeating that.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
So I've had some time to skim the thread, but this is all you're going to get out of me today. Don't worry though, my place is almost clean and I should be moved and settled by Tuesday or Wednesday.

I just want to say that I disagree with lynching an inactive on day 1 just because they're inactive. You're from a site of high posters, coming to a site notorious for inactivity; inactivity that is NAI from most people and almost always results in mislynches. Rarely is scum lynched day 1 for being inactive here, and killing a low poster just because they're not really around leaves town very little to work with going into day 2. Save inactive PLing for the later days, especially considering Zelda18 is basically still a newbie at mafia despite having played a few games before (I have openly disliked lynching newer players for no reason in past games).

If I had to pick someone to lynch, it'd be Zinn, but that's only for CWAC reasons. Because of that and the fact I've only skimmed the past 48 hours or so of posts, I won't be placing a vote.

I promise more dedicated activity from my slot starting Tuesday or Wednesday. For now, godspeed.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
You don't want to Lynch the active people... because they're active?
i haven't got much of a reason to hard scumread any of them. right now i'm voting someone that i am not even remotely townreading. for example, both doc and tristan have barely posted, both have mentioned IRL reasons for being busy, but doc has actually posted some reads/opinions and tristan has not. the only thing tristan has really said past RVS that's game-related is coming to my defense for moe's "she hasn't complained about being town" thing.
Who is most scummy to you right now for real actual reasons?
honestly most people are null or null/town. i know it's lazy but you know my motto i suck day 1 and i still suck day 2. quick glance through the player list i guess the scummiest would be link182? just popped in to post "funnygurl is town" and didn't really do anything to prove it, or hunt anyone.

**** it i'd lynch link182 actually

Unvote
Vote: Link 182

funnier made me do work :( is this good enough for you funnier? i know this is another inactive buttttttttttttt you asked

PEOPLE KEEP POSTING JUST BEFORE I POST MY THING AAAAA
Doesn't get us anywhere if she's scum either other than the bare benefit of dead scum.
so you think she's scum?
I won't be placing a vote.
boooooo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom