• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spirit Tracks Dude, This Game is Cool.

Spirit Tracks: Hit or Miss?

• Hit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Miss

• Unsure

• Total voters

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Okay, yeah, I'm the only one who didn't like Spirit Tracks. Besides the absurd controls, the plot was poorly divided throughout the game. You had one giant section of storyline in the beginning, bits and pieces in the middle, and another giant section at the very end. Very. Poorly. Done. I also feel that the player was very limited when it came to exploration. In PH, you were given more freedom when it came to roaming the World of the Ocean King, whereas in ST you had Spirit Tracks to follow and certain stations to stop at. You weren't allowed to really explore the land of New Hyrule while being attached to the tracks. Even if there are a lot of stations to stop at, it's not like very many of them are huge. I will say, however, that I really enjoyed the concept of the Stamp Book. Collecting the various stamps was rather fun and unique.

In general, I simply believed the game was choppy with few interesting aspects to take pleasure in. This is just my opinion...

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
I have to say that the complaints I generally hear about this game, I simply do not agree with. Yes, it is gimicky, but it brought everything I love about Zelda back to the fold. The puzzles were great, I still found plenty to explore and do, and it had some very incredible boss battles, both challenging and innovative. Some people say the tracks limit the exploration... and they're right, but even with them, I still found myself going to areas wondering what I could find there, ESPECIALLY when I was looking for bunnies. Don't get me wrong, it has its problems and is nowhere near being called one of the greatest Zeldas, but I still say it's a great game and great Zelda game. The only complaint I see is that it's a bit too similar to PH, but I played ST first so I can't really add that to my list of gripes.

Last edited:

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I love Spirit Tracks. I actually beat it recently, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I was mildly disappointed with Phantom Hourglass--don't get me wrong; I still think it's a great game, I just think it fell short of its successor--and Spirit Tracks definitely cured my disappointment. Aside from the utter boredom that is driving the train long distances, there was hardly anything in this game that I really did not like. I consider PH to be more of a test of what the DS could do with Zelda, and ST was the end result. It improved upon a lot of things that I felt PH did kind of badly. These include, but are not limited to, controls and the main dungeon. PH controls were sometimes unresponsive for me, and ST just has better controls altogether. I enjoyed the Tower of Spirits a hell of a lot more than I enjoyed the Temple of the Ocean King as well, probably because of the ability to possess phantoms. It made the different floors much less frustrating and easier to navigate. Plus, the final boss is a lot more epic and fun in my opinion.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Probably the most underrated Zelda game. The stylus controls may break it for some, but I've never personally had any problems with it. Same can be said for the flute. When it comes to the train, it's not the "speed" or the linear tracks I find to be the issue, it's the poor warping system. Seems rather troublesome to use, the one thing a warping system shouldn't be.

I don't care for the story, but that isn't why I play Zelda games. My favourite (original) portable Zelda title.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
"Original"? As in not including the GBA ALttP and OoT 3D?

Congratulations for understanding. Here's a muffin. :muffin: Enjoy it.

Seriously though, yes. That's exactly what I mean. LttP and OoT are my second and third favourite Zelda games. Although the GBA version of LttP is inferior to the SNES version, it's still a mighty game. Mightier than all others, that's for sure.

Lewmonkaizer

luminouskaiser
To be honest, even if all the Zelda games all have they're pros and cons, i never really understand why some people hate Spirit Tracks, i just beaten it 2 days ago, and it was awesome, i loved the characters in the game, the gameplay wasn't really complicated for me, of course Zelda games wouldn't really be Zelda games without some type of transportation (Epona, Loftwing, King of Red Lions...) and here we have the train, the temples were pretty fun, the Ocean Temple being my favorite (how ironic, a water temple being my favorite, and the bosses were awesome, although Fraaz did kinda disappoint me, and finally, the music, it is beautiful, the Lokomo songs were awesome, and even the final song we play with Zelda was beautiful, i can proudly say this is one of my top 5 favorite Zelda games. (1st. Twilight Princess, 2nd. Skyward Sword, 3rd. Spirit Tracks, 4th. Majora's Mask, 5th. Ocarina of Time)

Imprisoned

*~German Sparkle Party~*
I really liked Spirit Tracks. I beat Phantom Hourglass before it, and I kept beating the final form of Bellum again and again....and again.
Spirit tracks is interesting, because it had a less watery and darkish ending. (I don't like water-based games much)
Spirit tracks definitely brought something new to the series. I liked the train a lot, because you could buy the cars rather than finding them. *coughphantomhourglasscough* I just really liked it, with the rabbits and the several stations that aren't part of the main storyline.
I give spirit tracks a big ol' :yes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom