• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Dragon Ball Z Kai, Favorite Character?

Retsdob

Retsdob
I, for one, love Dragon Ball Z; however, I'm rather dissapointed in Dragon Ball Z Kai. It is made for young children therefore it is heavily censored almost to the extent where it loses a bit a value. Not only that, but it cuts a lot of the episodes in order to make it as straight forward as possible...well enough about that, this isn't what this thread is about...
1. Piccolo
2. Goku
3. Vegeta
4. Majin Buu

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Dragonball FTW. I definitely prefer the real version than kai, or even the filtered television version. Kai does take a lot of filler out but it also takes out some of the things we know and love.

My fave character used to be teen gohan a long time ago. Now it's Vegeta and then Vegeto. Vegeta is too hilarious and has the most memerable catch phrase in all of anime.

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
The real DBZK is on DVD. The Nicktoons version is cleaned up for just that reason... it's on Nicktoons.

As for the version argument... I personally find Kai to be so much better than the original. It doesn't make you wait so damn long for the good stuff to happen.

Now back on topic:

1. Mr. Buu
  2. Vegeta
  3. Kakarot
  4. Goten

Djinn

and Tonic
Definitely true, if any show could ever benefit from having all the useless filler and time wasting nonsense cut, it's Dragonball. It is still the worst offender in having characters waste time and stare at each other for an episode or two before they actually get down to fighting. Then there was the little matter of the five minutes it took for Namek to blow up lasting little over seven episodes. With plenty of flashbacks and time to scream while charging up.

On to the topic,

Future Trunks-Liked his design over every other saian to appear in the series.

Frieza-The only villain who was a little more proactive than just blowing things up, he made an empire. I liked the white form design, all the others were way too busy, and I would like to see a little more on his species.

Kid Buu-Something about the crazy little ball of evil, was not a fan of Buu until he appeared. No long winded speeches, just a grunt then attack.

Yamcha-He was my favorite character of the original series, and I think it was bad that he along with the rest of the original cast was pushed aside for the newer alien characters that came later.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Definitely true, if any show could ever benefit from having all the useless filler and time wasting nonsense cut, it's Dragonball. It is still the worst offender in having characters waste time and stare at each other for an episode or two before they actually get down to fighting. Then there was the little matter of the five minutes it took for Namek to blow up lasting little over seven episodes. With plenty of flashbacks and time to scream while charging up.

I agree with you. :P

And as to my favorite characters...

Frieza seemed like a female at first, then I realized it was a he, mostly the voice made me confused, lolz. Besides Frieza I like Goku, Vegeta and Piccolo, those are about it.

My favorites are:

1.Goku(main characterand very strong)
2.Vegeta(Also strong but very arrogant)
3.Gohan(I just like him)
4.Piccolo(He's green,isn't that cool?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom